Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Firefall | ArcheAge | H1Z1

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,981 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,470
LucasArts / SOE Austin
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 06/23/03)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars Galaxies Forum » SWG Veteran Refuge » What Bothered Me Most About NGE...The Senator Shills

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
31 posts found
  OSF8759

Apprentice Member

OP  9/29/12 2:17:26 AM#1

Remember when the player senate was flown out to SOE and they were shown the NGE ahead of its release? And those gently caressing Player Senators fell down at SOE's feet and thanked them for something so beautiful? This same beautiful thing that would drive 90% of the players out of the game? What the hell was up with that? Stockholm Syndrome?

Not one of those loving Senators said, "DO NOT WANT!"

Johnie-Marz

Novice Member

9/29/12 2:19:47 AM#2
You must have been holding that in for a while.
  OSF8759

Apprentice Member

OP  9/30/12 1:08:53 AM#3
Originally posted by Johnie-Marz
You must have been holding that in for a while.

I took some ex-lax and it just came out lol.

Seriously though, it is something I have wondered. Did the Senators genuinely like what they saw, or was it more a matter of no feeling free to criticise, seeing as how they were on SOE's turf? Or [conspiracy] payoffs. [/conspiracy]

Kazara

Advanced Member

"Denial does not change reality."

9/30/12 6:41:08 AM#4
Not all the senators were privy to the NGE before its disastrous launch and many hated it as much as the majority of the playerbase. Yes, there were a few that felt $OE could do no wrong, but they were well recognized for the shills they were long before the NGE went live.

hipiap

Apprentice Member

Don't Prove Mark Twain correct by opening your mouth and removing Doubt.

9/30/12 6:53:20 PM#5
Originally posted by OSF8759

Remember when the player senate was flown out to SOE and they were shown the NGE ahead of its release? And those gently caressing Player Senators fell down at SOE's feet and thanked them for something so beautiful? This same beautiful thing that would drive 90% of the players out of the game? What the hell was up with that? Stockholm Syndrome?

Not one of those loving Senators said, "DO NOT WANT!"

1. the Senate didn't exist in the CU...you are referring to the Player Corrispondent program.

2. None of them were allowed, per a NDA to discuss whatever they Might have been shown...pro or con...to the player base until it was released.

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G

OSF8759

Apprentice Member

OP  10/01/12 1:02:34 AM#6
Originally posted by hipiap 1. the Senate didn't exist in the CU...you are referring to the Player Corrispondent program. 2. None of them were allowed, per a NDA to discuss whatever they Might have been shown...pro or con...to the player base until it was released.

Point one, I remember the Senate existing at that time, but I'll take your word for it as it's been a damn long time and you seem to know your poo poo.

Point two, I remember the correspondents/senators/whatever coming out to say they liked what SOE showed them with the NGE. Forums gone, impossible to research, but I remember it bothering me at the time that seemingly none had told SOE they were taking the game in the wrong direction.

Oh gawd this is such an old issue, but I was reminiscing about my overall MMO experience as a result of considering retiring from MMOs altogether (MMOs are just loving poo poo compared to conventional video games) and this has been one of those "mysteries" that bugged me back then.

I think I'll try to research it further, but I don't think the information is out there to be had anymore. I remember it one way (I was bothered at the time, and that bother wasn't over nothing), but human memory is very fallible so...research needed.

P.S. Remember that post on the fourms from a player that described a set of changes to the game that ended up being eerily similar to what the NGE was? That post was so creepy and dead-on accurate.

IG-88

Novice Member

10/01/12 2:26:38 AM#7
Get over it or do something about it.
  benasato

Novice Member

*stuck in T-pose*

10/01/12 2:37:49 AM#8
Woosh.....

LoverNoFighter

Novice Member

SWG pre cu > all

10/03/12 4:30:11 AM#9

The senators were just a bunch of spineless SOE - yes - men.

Pathetic.

hipiap

Apprentice Member

10/03/12 3:53:52 PM#10
Originally posted by LoverNoFighter

Pathetic.

Say's the woman that was not picked to be the Role Play senator or the Chronicles Senator.

barrk

Novice Member

10/03/12 7:40:08 PM#11

Pathetic.

we all still laugh at you to this very day

QQMOAR

User Deleted
10/03/12 7:59:51 PM#12

In the end, the only thing that still bugs me is we were shown in game, working footage of capitol ships being boarded, hijacked and piloted in space. People were freakin out it looked so badass. And then it got cut and was never to be spoken of again.

LoverNoFighter

Novice Member

SWG pre cu > all

10/04/12 8:26:07 AM#13
Originally posted by barrk

Pathetic.

we all still laugh at you to this very day

But on the inside you're crying cause you know I'm right. As usual.

LoverNoFighter

Novice Member

SWG pre cu > all

10/04/12 8:27:32 AM#14
Originally posted by hipiap

Pathetic.

Say's the woman that was not picked to be the Role Play senator or the Chronicles Senator.

Yeah right. Being a Senator muppet was your wet dream.

hipiap

Apprentice Member

10/04/12 6:47:42 PM#15

Pathetic.

No...really..

Tell me what you think of your opinion....cause I can't hear you over the sound of you fapping your ego.

LoverNoFighter

Novice Member

SWG pre cu > all

10/05/12 3:49:43 AM#16

Pathetic.

No...really..

Tell me what you think of your opinion....cause I can't hear you over the sound of you fapping your ego.

Read the SOE forums if you've forgotten.

Burntvet

Advanced Member

10/18/12 6:13:15 PM#17

One of the big "flags" for me was the fact that senators were offered free subs and a host of other free bits, to tow the company line.

This made them defacto part time employees, who sold themselves cheap.

And least in the oldest days, most of the Correspondents (some of whom knew more about the ins and outs of their respective professions than the devs did) had the integrity to quit behind the CU and NGE changes.

The senators in the NGE era, lapdogs....

Thorkune

Spotlight Poster

Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!

10/18/12 6:16:06 PM#18
I really liked the NGE. Pre-NGE was a grindfest and I do not see why so many people enjoyed it.
  GolbezTheLion

Novice Member

10/18/12 6:18:28 PM#19
Originally posted by Kazara
Not all the senators were privy to the NGE before its disastrous launch and many hated it as much as the majority of the playerbase. Yes, there were a few that felt $OE could do no wrong, but they were well recognized for the shills they were long before the NGE went live.

Exactly.

barrk

Novice Member

11/03/12 9:16:27 PM#20

Pathetic.

hey jml why don't you post on pswg anyomre? scared?

QQMOAR

2 Pages 1 2 » Search