Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,644,103 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,077,734
LucasArts / SOE Austin
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 06/23/03)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars Galaxies Forum » General Discussion » SWG leading in Massively Poll

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
47 posts found
  RickRossTheBoss

Apprentice Member

10/26/12 12:57:01 AM#41

Not much competition

Terranah

Hard Core Member

10/26/12 12:59:30 AM#42
Originally posted by Bob_Blawblaw

It's absolutely absurd the fact that even the NGE version of SWG was better than TOR. EVEN NGE!!!

Sad sad state of the MMO industry.

Yeah I agree.  I'd rather play NGE than TOR.  NGE wasn't perfect.  In fact I didn't much care for it at all, especially when compared to Precu.  But SWG even with NGE was more compelling than SWTOR.

I know some people like TOR for the story telling.  But I've read hundreds of books, and now I have a kindle.  I can download all the stories I want any time I want. 

eyelolled

Advanced Member

I am more than some of my parts

10/26/12 1:39:40 AM#43
I'm really not surprised. It has some of the most outspoken followers I've ever seen. Even before I'd heard of SWG I knew that the NGE was atrocious and the biggest mistake in the mmo world.  (exaggeration of course, but you get my point)

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

LoverNoFighter

Novice Member

SWG pre cu > all

10/26/12 5:58:22 AM#44

Imagine spending the money spent on SWTOR on "fixing" SWG pre cu. Sweeeeeeeeetness alert!!!!

Almost makes me cry.

Nasja

Novice Member

10/26/12 12:50:27 PM#45
Originally posted by Muke

would love to see the old version of SWG again, yet:

-what about the crappy code? SWG may have a "crappy code" with a lot of lag in mass pvp battles but that isn't such a big deal. I figure I am not the only one who would trade "crappy code" and lag over crappy games with little content besides the usual.

-who's publishing it? Doesn't have to do much with swg now does it? If soe sells the code and someone / some company would host it somewhere, how many people would be playing

-bugs? See above for "crappy code". I rather have buggy swg then bug free swtor, if there ever happens to be a bugfree swtor

-lack of dungeons, pvp content? dungeons? are you from WoW? I don't understand! Kidding but since those are the kinds of things every mmo out there has including swg, though maybe not to the extend other usual games have like swtor this is the good thing about swg that it doesn't rely on them. Swg attracted a different kind of people then the usual login to pvp or group up to do instances crowd

-sandbox again or level based? Sandbox for obvious reasons. Nothing in the current mmo market who is doing that

-storylines on par with the movies this time? Forget story, swtor tries and fails. Ones you have "done them all" there is nothing more to see and when you look on youtube you can just see how the story goes. Besides, whatever you do in the swtor story, it always has the same outcome and there isn't anything you can do about someone elses story. If you want to stop the Jedi Knight from doing this or killing that... you won't succeed because hey.. it just happens no matter what you do.

I rather flip zones or static bases in swg, thats interactivity, then follow some predetermined storyline that nobody is going to change.

-treatment of the community? Has little to do with swg. It was an soe thing or rather, community relations department of soe thing that ruined it for a lot of people.

-yet again: WHO'S PUBLISHING IT? Whoever wants to publish it. If soe sells or gives the code to someone who is able to host it, doesn't matter to me.

those points above just might put me off if SWG would be revived, which it won't ofc. It's fine that you make up your mind like that. However there are a lot of people who would like to see it come back which is why we talk about it here.

In any case, hopefully some people or maybe even companies will see the light and think about hosting a game like this, not everyone has to spend millions on a game and seeing it end up like the rest of the garbage out there. Extraordinary people with extraordinary ideas are everywhere, its time that some extraordinaries would step up and start.

GolbezTheLion

Apprentice Member

10/26/12 12:53:19 PM#46

This is one horse that has been beaten to a pulp and stiil people pummel the corpse daily to try and see if there is any shred of life left.

There isn't, time to move on.

Purutzil

Elite Member

The Critical Hit Pretzel!

10/26/12 12:56:31 PM#47

if SWTOR wasn't such a disapointment I'm sure SWG would of been a lot lower. People just love starwars, even if the game itself wasn't that great. In some ways SWG had good elements, though it was poorly executed on many levels. The space combat was entertaining and the 'open world' feel different though over-all the game was pretty bland. 

If SWTOR actually went with its likely original 'focus' (making it like Kotor with design choices) I bet SWG would of been a large after thought, even with TOR having a bit more compelx mechanics and different ways of working things then a traditional MMO. The fact it was designed as a generic MMO (I mean seriously, ToR should be the definition of generic, even with SW used its mechanics and such feel as generic as you can get) it makes SWG (a game that itself was not very good at all) look so amazing, and in some truth its direction was actually pretty interesting if it would of been done less poorly.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search