Trending Games | WildStar | Neverwinter | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,640,797 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,075,416
LucasArts / SOE Austin
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 06/23/03)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars Galaxies Forum » General Discussion » The game has shut down....shouldn't these subforums be too?

5 posts found
  grimal

Spotlight Poster

OP  9/24/12 11:04:39 AM#1

As stated in the subject.

I mean Tabula Rasa and countless others have come and gone only to see their forums removed.  Shouldn't it be done for this one as well? 

Or perhaps a "Retired MMO" subforum for all of them?

Release a game with a very large established fanbase from 10+ years of bnet history when the market was still emerging and the casual base had not yet been established, thus ripe for harvesting a momentious self perpetuating playerbase people never leave because they have X hours invested in their characters, and their friends and everyone else plays anyway. Not discounting Blizzard quality... but WoW's success is as much about perfect timing as it is quality, if not more so. - Derros

TsaboHavoc

Novice Member

9/24/12 11:09:39 AM#2
why this bother you? live and let live
  superniceguy

Elite Member

NGE, LOTRO, STO, KOTOR, Lego Star Wars > NGE 2 (SWTOR). SWG>ALL. Above hopefully subject to change.

9/24/12 11:09:54 AM#3

NO. All games that have shut down still have operational forums here including games like Auto Assault and Tabula Rasa  I do not know why you said Tabula Rasa forums have gone when they have not unless you mean the official forums? The official SOE forums for SWG have gone away

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/show/dead/Cancelled-MMORPG-Games.html

So why should they close these SWG forums, when the other closed MMOs have not done, and with less activity?

grimal

Spotlight Poster

OP  9/24/12 11:12:38 AM#4
Originally posted by superniceguy

NO. All games that have shut down still have operational forums here including games like Auto Assault and Tabula Rasa

So why should they close these SWG forums, when the other closed MMOs have not done, and with less activity?

My mistake.  I thought the game was listed in the "Game List" still. 

And no problem with it, just thought it was getting so much activity because it might still be listed.

Mods - feel free to remove this thread. 

Release a game with a very large established fanbase from 10+ years of bnet history when the market was still emerging and the casual base had not yet been established, thus ripe for harvesting a momentious self perpetuating playerbase people never leave because they have X hours invested in their characters, and their friends and everyone else plays anyway. Not discounting Blizzard quality... but WoW's success is as much about perfect timing as it is quality, if not more so. - Derros

superniceguy

Elite Member

NGE, LOTRO, STO, KOTOR, Lego Star Wars > NGE 2 (SWTOR). SWG>ALL. Above hopefully subject to change.

9/24/12 11:22:04 AM#5
Originally posted by grimal
Originally posted by superniceguy

NO. All games that have shut down still have operational forums here including games like Auto Assault and Tabula Rasa

My mistake.  I thought the game was listed in the "Game List" still. 

And no problem with it, just thought it was getting so much activity because it might still be listed.

Mods - feel free to remove this thread. 

SWG (and all cancelled MMOs) is not in the main default list unless you click on the "cancelled" filter.

I have the SWG forums bookmarked, but also see it on the front page as recent posts as with the case here

Thanks for keeping the SWG forums more active!