Sony Online entertainment and the PlanetSide 2 team have announced the World Domination Series (WDS) Preseason 2 Challenge Event. According to the team, major adjustments to the event have been implemented after player feedback from the inaugural event. Each week, SOE will compile each Empire's score. At the end of the preseason the overall winner will be announced, with players receiving a commemorative in-game item as a reward.
- Weekly and Season reward distribution will now be dependent on the individual server’s WDS scores
- Ex: If TR had the highest score on Connery, but VS had the highest score worldwide, TR on Connery would still receive the weekly reward.
- Worldwide scores will still be tracked and displayed on the website, but will no longer have rewards tied to them.
- Each player of the winning empire for the week will receive a 3 Day Experience Boost
- Each player of the winning empire for the season will receive an exclusive decal and the temporary title of “Dominator” (which lasts until a new season winner is crowned)
Read all of the details about the WDS Preseason 2 Event on the PlanetSide 2 site.