Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,051 Users Online:0
Games:712  Posts:6,173,531
Sony Online Entertainment | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 11/20/12)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

PlanetSide 2 Forum » General Discussion » How infested is PS2 with hackers?

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
95 posts found
  User Deleted
12/10/12 10:13:52 AM#41

At this point it's more of a religous thing i guess.

All these impossible moments are both explainable by pure "crappy" network code OR cheating software.

People flickering and warping short distances: They lag, this we know through your own friends, however we can't say if people use 3dparty programms to appear lagging which is an advantageous situtaion for them.

Instat "super speed" when firing or running: Again, we know people (friends next to you) sometimes appear emptying their whole clip in an instance, the game tried to "guess" in combination of their lag they appear to shoot 30 bullets in 0.5 seconds. But on their screen they shoot normal,

Again we can't tell if people (or we or the whole server) lagged or someone is actually really speedcheating.

The "not so smart" visible range reduction during heavy fights doesn't help much either, sometimes you see enemies appear 5 meters before you, which is just the shit server limiting your visual range due to load, hell people sometimes even fade in 10 seconds later, i was once Giraffing a whole camp and i bet my ass this was due to me not fading in for them as i should.

Sometimes i get killed by people standing next to me in my front and appear for the killcam, but i saw no one standing right into my face when i got hit and killed.

I could go on and on:

If PS2 would show latency it would help a great deal, as well as overworking their network handling for "lagging" players.

stygianapoth

Advanced Member

12/10/12 5:41:08 PM#42
seems like a lot imo. more often than not i am getting aimbotted from a heavy 300m away. most of the time i can't even see who kills me. if it's an infiltrator that's obvious. but to be gunned down from such a far distance all the time screams aimbot.
  Shoko_Lied

Advanced Member

SWG Publish 4 Jedi:Flurry: TKM unlock

12/10/12 5:58:07 PM#43
Calling them hackers is an insult to real hackers. They are script kiddies, skiddies, or script bunnies.
  Gruug

Elite Member

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.

12/10/12 6:08:42 PM#44
Originally posted by Wraithone
Originally posted by Gruug
"Mass Hacker Hysteria".....that is what always goes on in every FPS I play. The problem is, less then 10% of the players are hacking. Probably less then 5%. There ARE hackers but they are not as numerous as some would think or want to believe. GOOD PLAYERS are oft times accused of being hackers. In fact, many of the hackers that people claim to see are no more then good players. I asked this question in another similar thread, is a player that gets 100 kills and maybe 40 deaths in a 3 hours play session a hacker? Based upon some of the answer I saw before, many think so. Yet, I know a player which can do this and do it regularly WITHOUT hacking.

If thats the case, then SOE has been badly infected with that "hysteria"... Did you notice the number of system broadcasts?... Do you really think they would be doing that without good reason?

I did not say that SOE was wrong in dealing with what hackers there are. What I am saying is that there are not as many as most people wish to believe. I applaud SOE taking such a hardline stance. Hopefully in the end it has a major impact. What I also hope, it that people realise that not every person they come across is a hacker.

Let's party like it is 1863!

Talonsin

Spotlight Poster

12/10/12 6:12:14 PM#45

I dont think the messages mean a dang thing.  I played on and off all three days and each day on waterson the same guys name appeared in those messages over and over again.  How can this guy keep playing for all three days when he was reported every hour for three days in a row?

Now, to be honest, I have only encountered a would-be hacker once during the weekend event.  I dont personally feel that my server "waterson" is infested with hackers.

Gruug

Elite Member

12/10/12 6:20:55 PM#46
Originally posted by stygianapoth
seems like a lot imo. more often than not i am getting aimbotted from a heavy 300m away. most of the time i can't even see who kills me. if it's an infiltrator that's obvious. but to be gunned down from such a far distance all the time screams aimbot.

One thing I have noticed it that you can be "killed" by multiple people firing at you. The game will only report the last two hits on the kill screen. So, you may be getting hit from more the two people and the last hit COULD BE just one bullet. As to a heavy killing from 300m, it is not impossible. I run with a 4x scope and a EM6 (NC). I look for people at range that are either a low health or are being shot by others and single shot them. Sometimes I get lucky and kill them. Thing is, the person at that range has no idea if some like me is shotting them many times as they can not see me as easily if they don't have a higher power scope. Now, one vs one at  that range just single shooting with full heatlh I rarely get the kill if the person ducks into cover or gets a heal.

This is a perfect example of how people can misunderstand and just claim "hacking". I know I don't hack. Don't know if I have ever been called a hacker. But if SOE looks at me because someone accuses me, they will see that I do not hack. Frankly, I hope SOE catches all the current and future hackers quickly. The thing is, I know that most of the people they will look at are not hacking. Funnier thing is, I bet even some of those making those reports to SOE may find that even THEY have been reported. Nothing wrong with it if you are honest and not hacking.

n00bit

Novice Member

12/10/12 6:24:54 PM#47

Put many hours into the game and I've only seen 3 guaranteed aimbotters, and a few questionable lag-switchers. Sure, it can be frustrating, but compared to a game like APB, I can live w/ the current cheating popuplation.

sacredcow4

Apprentice Member

12/10/12 6:26:10 PM#48

I'm a very skilled player when it comes to shooting games. I played cal-i CS 1.6 and generally maintain a very high KDR. I know there are people better than me. I've played with them and against them. That being said...

I requested a full refund for any SC spent on this game due it being significantly not as described. The amount of hackers I encountered during double xp weekend was enough to convince me to uninstall the game. When you see one kid in a max suit doing 360's killing your entire outfit as he solo defends a biolab... your first thought is far from, "Wow, what a skilled player." I expected some of this to happen, but when your outfit begins planning your base battles around luring the other teams hacker to C4 or grenade spamming him hoping to kill him long enough to cap a point before he spawns... you know the game has a serious issue. I would recommend not going anywhere near the game until this fix the issue. I had a lot of fun, and would have continued having a lot of fun if the hacker problem wasn't so obvious. As it stands now, expect headaches and dissapointment as your carefully planned strategies are halted by one kid with a program.

TLDR: The problem, at least for me personally, is game breaking right now. I quit and have no plans to return until it is fixed. I sincerely hope they are able to fix it soon, as I know I'm not the only player who hit threshold and quit.

Heaven and Hell is debatable - Karma is not.

thetimes

Novice Member

12/10/12 6:44:09 PM#49
Originally posted by Talonsin

I dont think the messages mean a dang thing.  I played on and off all three days and each day on waterson the same guys name appeared in those messages over and over again.  How can this guy keep playing for all three days when he was reported every hour for three days in a row?

Now, to be honest, I have only encountered a would-be hacker once during the weekend event.  I dont personally feel that my server "waterson" is infested with hackers.

The names you keep seeing over and over, "oprative ____" are gms "Drons are watching oprative blah blah matherson"
  SoulStain

Novice Member

12/10/12 6:45:29 PM#50
The only obvious ones i encounter are when I have nothing but a wall to one direction...then proceed to get one-shot from that direction. Sometimes I even have 2 walls to the right (for example)..one inner wall and the outer wall..enclosed inside a building with no enemy breach and still get one-shot from the right. Keep in mind my right arm is right near the wall. Its not armor fire or heavy assault rpg like fire..I know if your close to the wall you can still take some damage if it strikes the outside. I'm talking regular assault rifle or sniper fire. Those are the ones that piss me off...you run for cover and get shot through the cover.
  thetimes

Novice Member

12/10/12 7:11:25 PM#51
Originally posted by SoulStain
The only obvious ones i encounter are when I have nothing but a wall to one direction...then proceed to get one-shot from that direction. Sometimes I even have 2 walls to the right (for example)..one inner wall and the outer wall..enclosed inside a building with no enemy breach and still get one-shot from the right. Keep in mind my right arm is right near the wall. Its not armor fire or heavy assault rpg like fire..I know if your close to the wall you can still take some damage if it strikes the outside. I'm talking regular assault rifle or sniper fire. Those are the ones that piss me off...you run for cover and get shot through the cover.

When I play inf. I got out of my way to get behind enemy lines. Many times I've shot someone, and watched them actualy move towards me thinking the are seeking cover. There are no safe places in ps2 everything you see from cliffs to tree tops may have sniper or 2.
  aRtFuLThinG

Novice Member

12/10/12 7:12:02 PM#52
Originally posted by sacredcow4

I'm a very skilled player when it comes to shooting games. I played cal-i CS 1.6 and generally maintain a very high KDR. I know there are people better than me.

Games like CS and UT is a very different game - it is a very controlled and enclosed environment. You might be very good at doing cqc and sniping in those games but that is because you probably also know the maps and all camp points back to front.

PS2 is like Arma2 or Operation Flashpoint - the terrain is so open and so diverse, the map is so big, the firefight are so confusing that there is no way you can know exactly who is shooting at you (you THINK you may know, but in really there might be 5 enemies spotted you, or air units spotted you from very high up that you can't see).

That's why I think a lot of people don't realise. It is not even about situation awareness - no one can see everything. You just got to realise dying is very normal in this game. You won't see KDR of 20 to 1 here. Even armors can get killed by a lucky lone infantry who you unlucky enough to run into that has C-4 (tanks and sunderers can't see up superclose - they have heaps of blindspots).

aRtFuLThinG

Novice Member

12/10/12 7:14:35 PM#53
Originally posted by thetimes

When I play inf. I got out of my way to get behind enemy lines. Many times I've shot someone, and watched them actualy move towards me thinking the are seeking cover. There are no safe places in ps2 everything you see from cliffs to tree tops may have sniper or 2.

^ Exactly.

Not to mention that you never know if the base you are capping can be overwatched by an emey base that has defense cannons and all the need is a spotter to lob shells over your head. Seen it done before.

Crunchy222

Apprentice Member

12/10/12 8:56:26 PM#54
Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

I'm a very skilled player when it comes to shooting games. I played cal-i CS 1.6 and generally maintain a very high KDR. I know there are people better than me.

Games like CS and UT is a very different game - it is a very controlled and enclosed environment. You might be very good at doing cqc and sniping in those games but that is because you probably also know the maps and all camp points back to front.

PS2 is like Arma2 or Operation Flashpoint - the terrain is so open and so diverse, the map is so big, the firefight are so confusing that there is no way you can know exactly who is shooting at you (you THINK you may know, but in really there might be 5 enemies spotted you, or air units spotted you from very high up that you can't see).

That's why I think a lot of people don't realise. It is not even about situation awareness - no one can see everything. You just got to realise dying is very normal in this game. You won't see KDR of 20 to 1 here. Even armors can get killed by a lucky lone infantry who you unlucky enough to run into that has C-4 (tanks and sunderers can't see up superclose - they have heaps of blindspots).

QFT

Also, KD ratio is pointless in this game.  You get into a situation where you kill someone, then a tank round goes off killing you, then you deploy at a sunderer close to battle that gets bombed from the sky as you deploy killing you, you then redeploy in a safe zone and some noob hits G and drops a grenade killing everyone in the room....

You might be fantastic at the game, but you die FAST and OFTEN and it doesnt matter how skilled you are.  KD ratio is more of a point of interest.  

Also theres situations where you can die 30 times and the enemy can die once and you win the objective, which is what really matters.

This isnt CS, this isnt COD, this isnt an esport FPS where all is fair.  Its a chaotic open world action war game.  More arcade like than SIM.

If you got issues with fast death, dying often, or confusing fights...your not gonna like this game.  Battles are epic though and fun once you get the hang of it all. 

Surprisingly this game does has a learning curve, even if your a pro FPS vet whos stomped every game dating back to wolfenstine.

On topic, the game does have cheaters.  Very few youll notice as actually cheating without a doubt.  I hate to say it but casual cheaters dont really ruin a game like this,  you try to get a few kills before you die that should be your goal.  Having someone one shot you, or head shot you with an aimbot has little impact on what your doing.  I know the cheaters are out there, and ive encounterd obvious cheaters less than 5 instances.  I have had suspicions of some other people however.  The game does give you the option to play elsewhere if you find yourself getting camped by suspiciously good players (and really fantastic players do exist legit too)

sacredcow4

Apprentice Member

12/11/12 2:41:17 AM#55

No, I understand that, and was trying to give some background. I generally win 1v1 fights as a light assault against other light assaults. I don't measure my PS2 success by my KDR(I don't even know what it is). I wanted to make it clear that I wasn't the type of person who believes everyone who kills me is hacking because I think I'm the best. I have no illusion that I'm the best player. I do know when someone is blatantly cheating though. It becomes pretty obvious to tell the difference between someone being good, someone getting really lucky once, and someone who is cheating. Some things, like head shotting two people, then doing a 180 and killing 3 more, before doing 360s while firing taking down an enemy squad, are outside the realm of skill and luck when it is done with enough consistently by multiple players. Especially the ones with names like LLIlilliLLiilililUIIIlli that is almost impossible to report. Or the kids who walk into your base and jump around looking at people that don't take damage(only seen this one twice). With my experience of this game and various other shooters of many types, I've become pretty good at noticing when someone is blatantly hacking.

Heaven and Hell is debatable - Karma is not.

sgtalon

Apprentice Member

12/11/12 8:02:52 AM#56

There is nothing more satisfying that killing someone that is definitely hacking.

I did it last night near the crown. One of those LAG Hacker guys that flicker around. He still died to my Medic.

I have only run across a few and i have been playing since Tech Test Apha. It gets annoying at times when you really need to hold some territory and get shot through the solid walls of your spawn point but we are talking about 5 minutes of hassle and 5 hours of awesome gameplay. 

If one of those hackers really gets annoying you can just move to another base or continent. 

I am not panicking about the hacker problem yet. The game is too fun !

SoulStain

Novice Member

12/11/12 3:00:37 PM#57
Originally posted by thetimes
Originally posted by SoulStain

Yes. I have no problem with that. I laugh at myself because I fell for getting flushed out by the first shot....then BAM!!

In the cases to which I refer, there is no line of sight for the enemy..no windows ..no doors. Then straight from the direction of a solid wall...blammo. No time to be flushed out or move..just one-shot right from the direction of what is supposedly some kind of solid steel.lol.

Mothanos

Elite Member

12/11/12 3:10:43 PM#58

Strange things happened last weeks....
Had around 10 people with me when we attacked a base.
2 guys...yes 2 guys roflstomped us so badly it wasnt even funny.

We tought wth ? respawned and spitted up to flank them, it was even more hilarious as when we walked around the corner 5 of us where dead within 10 seconds :)

Logged of and just had it with PS2.

hackers like packed places wehre they can rack up kills and dont get spotted often by killing many players within 1 clip.
But when you peek around for a milisecond and get headshotted 5 times in a row then you know something is very wrong.

You can often see the diffrence between a special player and a hacker.
Sometimes you cannot, but most of the time you feel when you are being shot from max range by a assaulth within 2 shots.

Ive uninstalled PS2 untill they fix the massive FPS issues and have a proper system in place to kick hackers permanently

http://speedtest.net/result/2112016336.png

Gruug

Elite Member

12/11/12 3:13:53 PM#59

No, I understand that, and was trying to give some background. I generally win 1v1 fights as a light assault against other light assaults. I don't measure my PS2 success by my KDR(I don't even know what it is). I wanted to make it clear that I wasn't the type of person who believes everyone who kills me is hacking because I think I'm the best. I have no illusion that I'm the best player. I do know when someone is blatantly cheating though. It becomes pretty obvious to tell the difference between someone being good, someone getting really lucky once, and someone who is cheating. Some things, like head shotting two people, then doing a 180 and killing 3 more, before doing 360s while firing taking down an enemy squad, are outside the realm of skill and luck when it is done with enough consistently by multiple players. Especially the ones with names like LLIlilliLLiilililUIIIlli that is almost impossible to report. Or the kids who walk into your base and jump around looking at people that don't take damage(only seen this one twice). With my experience of this game and various other shooters of many types, I've become pretty good at noticing when someone is blatantly hacking.

The thing is, did you report them? If you didn't or if no one else reports them, then SOE may not catch them. Recenlty read that SOE has banned over 350 accounts so far and they are not done. So, they are listening but if you aren't going to report the obvious. And you may (or may not) say that SOE is responsible to find them. True to a point. But if you have only so many resources to you probably are going to miss a lot. No software will detect all those that hack. So, if you think someone is doing it...REPORT THEM!

Beanpuie

Hard Core Member

12/11/12 3:52:28 PM#60

I dropped a galaxy on a hacker not too long ago,  yeah it was noobish, but satisfying.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search