Trending Games | EverQuest Next | Guild Wars 2 | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,750 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,312,455
Sony Online Entertainment | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 11/20/12)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

PlanetSide 2 Forum » General Discussion » How infested is PS2 with hackers?

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
95 posts found
  ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

12/09/12 1:21:45 PM#21
Also rift is a pve raid grinder, your not going to have as many pvp hackers, although I'm sure it has a ton of pve hackers just like wow.
  Beanpuie

Advanced Member

12/09/12 1:38:56 PM#22

On a MMO scale,  less hackers than Gw2,  

on a FPS scale,  about the same of a Arma game,   FAR less compared to BF3

ive encountered a whopping 2 hackers in my entire time of playing PS2,  If there were more around my play session then they either gotten reported or killed much like the rest of them.

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

12/09/12 1:48:44 PM#23
Yeah I've had 1 guy that could shoot through walls, 1 guy that probably had an aim bot and a couple of others I suspect had some sort of radar hack.
  DMKano

Elite Member

12/09/12 1:59:24 PM#24
Originally posted by ShakyMo
Yeah I've had 1 guy that could shoot through walls, 1 guy that probably had an aim bot and a couple of others I suspect had some sort of radar hack.

Being able to shoot through walls (or getting headshot when inside a tank) - reveals a larger issue, the server does not validate whether a kill shot was even possible (from point a to point b, is obstacle present, yes/no). They skipped this type of server side checks to enable 100s of players in one small area all shooting at eachother without delay, at expense of shot validation which makes the client easily hackable.

It's a huge problem, not sure if SOE can optimaze the code to introduce server side checks without adding massive latency to large battles.

PieRad

Apprentice Member

12/09/12 5:14:26 PM#25

People gotta remember that a lot of the players in PS2 are PS1 vets and/or FPS vets in general, not just MMO'ers in there, when that is said, yes, there are hackers, as to how many, or %'s of players, no one knows, but I'm pretty sure it's fewer than people think, and that's because people get frustrated in games, and it's an easy way to get over it, you know, blame it on hacks.

I've caught myself thinking it a few times.

*BAM* *Dead* "Fucking hell, that dude is a fucking hacker!!!!!!!! ARGHBLUARGHVBEAAGAG" *Punch monitor*

Reality is, I messed up, I didn't stay aware of my surroundings, and probably overextended.

Sometimes rushing into a huge mob of enemies can be rewarding, driving a lighting over the first 5 enemies, jump out before it explodes and start emptying your mag in as many enemies as you can before they figure out that you didn't die in the explosion.

But most of the time, doing that will get you killed before you can do anything at all.

Just gotta play smart!

Source: I'm 4:1 KDR, BR 43, And I don't hack, cheat or use any 3rd party software.

aRtFuLThinG

Novice Member

12/09/12 5:24:56 PM#26
Originally posted by PieRad

People gotta remember that a lot of the players in PS2 are PS1 vets and/or FPS vets in general, not just MMO'ers in there, when that is said, yes, there are hackers, as to how many, or %'s of players, no one knows, but I'm pretty sure it's fewer than people think, and that's because people get frustrated in games, and it's an easy way to get over it, you know, blame it on hacks.

I've caught myself thinking it a few times.

*BAM* *Dead* "Fucking hell, that dude is a fucking hacker!!!!!!!! ARGHBLUARGHVBEAAGAG" *Punch monitor*

Reality is, I messed up, I didn't stay aware of my surroundings, and probably overextended.

Sometimes rushing into a huge mob of enemies can be rewarding, driving a lighting over the first 5 enemies, jump out before it explodes and start emptying your mag in as many enemies as you can before they figure out that you didn't die in the explosion.

But most of the time, doing that will get you killed before you can do anything at all.

Just gotta play smart!

Source: I'm 4:1 KDR, BR 43, And I don't hack, cheat or use any 3rd party software.

^This.

I think a lot of people go into this game thinking they can be counterstrike heroes and have a kdr of 20 to 1 as an infantryman. This is Planetside. This just not possible. You can snipe or be as good all you want but you will never know if some air assets or artillery spotted you and shell you from range.

There is no hiding in this game. It is normal to die a lot. It just like what they said about Vietnam War in the movie Rules of Engagement - average life span of 16 minutes. You drop in, someone shell or rush your location, you might or might not die.

Rhoklaw

Elite Member

$500 Backer to 2015's Top New MMO... The Repopulation!

OP  12/09/12 5:41:42 PM#27

There is some situational awareness involved in PS2, but at other times, it's questionable whether people are using ESP to see where everyone is on the screen. I know capture points will list how many of a certain faction of players are capping, so if it says 1, then chances are you can take them solo. If you see 3-6 people at a cap point, then most likely, you won't have much of a chance solo. That being said, when you're sitting at a cap point, expect people to know someones in the area and be on the lookout. It's when I'm not in a capping area and someone creeps around a corner shooting at me that I begin to wonder if they are cheating.

As of right now, I've managed to get to BR17 but I ran into an interesting scenario today involving my Sunderer. Apparently I was being shot constantly by an invisible target right in front of me. I managed to back up to a safe spot to fix my truch. Then another weird thing happened, I manage to repair about 80% damage instantly. So, I'll chalk that one up as a bug, but the bug remained until I logged.

Anyhow, it's obvious people are cheating, otherwise SOE wouldn't bother with the system wide messages. I'm not saying a lot of people are, but theres enough for it to be annoying.

User Deleted
12/09/12 5:57:22 PM#28
The sad thing is we can't trust game communities not to destroy the games they play. Not that we ever could.
  tranceauf

Novice Member

12/09/12 6:07:08 PM#29
Where are these hacks. I want in on it. Ps2 is a free game it's like the ultimate game to cheat cause you can always make a new account!
  Wizardry

Elite Member

Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

12/09/12 6:21:54 PM#30

Well hackers or portal campers.I warped into an active zone a few times and everytime i was killed before my player fully spawned into the game.I exit/uninstall without little hesitation.

It is the little minds that just do not have a clue.If they sit and lame it up,they will have no players to game with but i guess they can't grasp that concept.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Napolianboo#p/u/15/rCYLLQCNc1w
Samoan Diamond

DrunkWolf

Advanced Member

12/09/12 6:31:58 PM#31
I know about 10 people that hack planetside 2 when they are bored. they are CoD players i use to play with way back and they hack PS2 because its free and they dont care if they get banned. they said they do it to mess around. personally i think its sad to ruin others gameing because your bored but i guess everybody has their own kind of fun.
  mmoguy43

Spotlight Poster

12/09/12 8:06:24 PM#32
I've seen 4 maybe more. There is atleast 1 blantantly obvious aimbot/speedhack user per day. They even casually admit doing it  because it is fun. I've loved playing PS2 through beta but honestly this is really making it hard to enjoy playing anymore. I'll probably have to take a long break from playing until they take serious action to stop it without disrupting everything else about the game. The occasional GM "Operative" is nice but it is merely containing a constant problem.

Let's build the ultimate MMO 1 feature at a time
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/398555/page/1

"blocked nariusseldon since forever"

Opapanax

Novice Member

Most Morbid One

12/09/12 8:46:52 PM#33

Hackers are there, but SOE I guess is ramping up the battle against it. I'm giving them a month or so to see how well they face it. It's not gonna be perfect but as long as its something..

US East MATHERSON GO!!!  

VANU!!!!

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

TeknoBug

Novice Member

12/10/12 10:10:34 AM#34

I only encountered one hacker all the way since early beta, but this past weekend (double xp weekend) was a car wreck. There were plenty of players I couldn't do any damage to even though I was getting the hit indicator on them and they'd just turn to you and kill you in half a second, and then there were plenty of flickering/warping players- there was a broadcast coming up on the screen every 2 minutes saying operatives were watching so it must've been that bad.

Hopefully it'll go back to normal again, from what I heard there was a certain hack community that planned a hack raid on PS2 this weekend.

enolice

Advanced Member

12/10/12 10:18:37 AM#35
Please dont call them hackers - they not hackers but cheaters .Nothing to do with hackers.They did not wrote codes and have minimal or zero coding skills.Cheaters using 3rd party software to get advantage over other players just coz they to skills weak to face other in game. Thats it . They cheaters not HACKERS.
  redwolf22

Novice Member

12/10/12 10:24:57 AM#36

I used to be a top killer on planetside, a real top killer with a combat engineer/sniper Redgun, but on PS2 I SUCKS........

-The time i need to aim at a target 0,5sec, and i am already dead even when i see them first.. sigh..

-The time i need to identify a friend from a foe 0,3 sec, and i am already dead.

- If i think i am well hidden and in position to.. i am dead.

- If i think i am not in range yet to use that newbie weapon the other guy is and i am dead.

- If i am shooting burts with that MG the MG shake so much i could make a milk shake while firing, his weapon is obviously stabilized, and i am dead.

I don't feel like playing PS2 but more playing turkeyshot online and i am the one playing a turkey, a turkey with a water gun..

bcbully

Elite Member

12/10/12 10:30:36 AM#37
Originally posted by Opapanax

Hackers are there, but SOE I guess is ramping up the battle against it. I'm giving them a month or so to see how well they face it. It's not gonna be perfect but as long as its something..

US East MATHERSON GO!!!  

VANU!!!!

Yes my brother. Let us continue to teach them the will of Vanu on Matherson.

I wonder if every time the system noticed popped up, they caught someone?

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

12/10/12 10:34:12 AM#38
How can you get camped?

When you die you get a choice of several respawn points and can even decide to switch continents and drop pod in.
  Gruug

Elite Member

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.

12/10/12 10:37:59 AM#39
"Mass Hacker Hysteria".....that is what always goes on in every FPS I play. The problem is, less then 10% of the players are hacking. Probably less then 5%. There ARE hackers but they are not as numerous as some would think or want to believe. GOOD PLAYERS are oft times accused of being hackers. In fact, many of the hackers that people claim to see are no more then good players. I asked this question in another similar thread, is a player that gets 100 kills and maybe 40 deaths in a 3 hours play session a hacker? Based upon some of the answer I saw before, many think so. Yet, I know a player which can do this and do it regularly WITHOUT hacking.

Let's party like it is 1863!

Wraithone

Advanced Member

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

12/10/12 11:10:30 AM#40
Originally posted by Gruug
"Mass Hacker Hysteria".....that is what always goes on in every FPS I play. The problem is, less then 10% of the players are hacking. Probably less then 5%. There ARE hackers but they are not as numerous as some would think or want to believe. GOOD PLAYERS are oft times accused of being hackers. In fact, many of the hackers that people claim to see are no more then good players. I asked this question in another similar thread, is a player that gets 100 kills and maybe 40 deaths in a 3 hours play session a hacker? Based upon some of the answer I saw before, many think so. Yet, I know a player which can do this and do it regularly WITHOUT hacking.

If thats the case, then SOE has been badly infected with that "hysteria"... Did you notice the number of system broadcasts?... Do you really think they would be doing that without good reason?

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search