Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | EverQuest Next | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,865 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,242,288
Sony Online Entertainment | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 11/20/12)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

PlanetSide 2 Forum » General Discussion » Are the 3 sides actually balanced?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
30 posts found
  Ikeda

Hard Core Member

11/18/12 6:21:17 AM#21

I've had no problems with balancing.  Little vehicle quirks here and there that I think needs addressing but nothing too terrible.  I do wish the Vanu weren't so damned hard to see at night (you know how hard it is to snipe someone who is just as dark as the environment?). That being said, I used that tactic to sneak into many a base and snipe people who thought they were safe.  

That being said the NC is the only group I can't get into.  That entire rather be a poor free miserable person than a rich indentured happy person is a load of garbage.  Especially since "freedom" isn't more than a perception thing.

I've been itching for launch.  Happy hunting everyone.

SWTOR: F2P or Premium? Want Galactic Strongholds early? http://www.swtor.com/r/LbMdN7 Use the referral for 7 days of subscriber access. Unlock your GS today!

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

11/18/12 8:03:14 AM#22
It's good that the sides aren't balanced carbon copies of each other. This is one of the things that made daoc and planetside so good. It breeds antagonism.
  WaldoCorn

Advanced Member

Find the truith, just beyond grasp, with eyes of steel, and a heart of solid glass.

11/18/12 8:22:38 AM#23

Balanced, well Ive played each race, and always think man those red guys are tough, or jeez those blue dudes are tough, or god

those purple guys are tough.

But by the same token Ive seen each get rolled by the zerg.

So yeah they are, and no thank, god they are not. Strange answer, I know.

See the world and all within it.
Live a lifetime in every minute.

timeraider

Advanced Member

11/19/12 8:53:24 AM#24

its not balanced, but its unbalanced in such a way that it really feels as if every empire has their own strenghts and weaknesses. Making it a choice of preference

so.. stat/role/strenght wise.. unbalanced

gameplaywise.. balanced

yust my opinion

Mothanos

Elite Member

11/19/12 9:04:05 AM#25

Grass is always greener on the other side.

I think each faction has their strong and weak points, so a direct answer to your question is NO factions aint balanced in terms of damage / hp / armor / tank / aircraft / troopers.

But when it comes down on massive battles ( thats what PS2 is all about) its actualy balanced.

Sure there needs to be some tweaks left and right, but there isnt much diffrence in those bigger battles.

As a TR player we got our asses handed alot of times by both other factions, its always smell fishy when you lose alot of ground.
But like most games you have the good and the bad days.

The only major concern is that PS2 needs Extremely high end hardware to run smooth, this may backfire alot as not many people have a 7970 / 670 with a super proc installed.
Performance means a world of diffrence in shooters, so there is more imbalance in terms of hardware performance then actual damage / armor performance.

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

11/19/12 10:16:45 AM#26
You don't need a card as fast as a 7970. 7850 is fast enough for ps2 on good settings. You can get by on medium settings with a 6850.

560 onwards should be done with nvidia also.
  Yoottos'Horg

Novice Member

11/19/12 12:26:31 PM#27
Originally posted by Agricola1

Eachside has pros and cons,

NC,

Pros: Highest damage

Cons: Weakest armour and lowest rate of fire

VS,

Pros: Least projectile drop off, best tank armour, hardest to see at night time.

Cons: Tamks are murder to manouvere, weapon fire gives away position easily, purpule bodystockings are gay!

TR,

Pros: Highest rate of fire,the best organised faction I've played with so far (obviously not an ingame design feature).

Cons: Shitty weapon stability (very hard to aim), the other factions often co-operate to rape the TR (maybe me just being paranoid).

That's the most I've learnt so far, I don't see massive imbalance in factions though for a while shotguns (especially NC shotties) have been WAY OP! Turning a corner and going from full health and shields to butt raped in one shot was getting old real fast. I think they may have adjusted that since it hasn't been happening recently, there are patches atleast every other day so stuff is being balanced and tweaked all the time.

On and don't foget VS infantry has the fastest reload time. REALLY makes a huge difference when 1v1.

If you got nothing else out of this thread at least you got to see attractive women in bikinis.

shane242

Advanced Member

:(

11/19/12 12:31:20 PM#28

from playing at the end of beta i felt like it wasnt to far from ballenced. diffrent teams having mapp controll at diffrent times. what i lacked in one thing i made up for with somthing else.

it realy comes down to picking a faction which has its strength in your own play style, then it kinda feels good.

Dyslexia Warning: Grammar Trolls be gone

Impsy

Apprentice Member

OP  11/19/12 7:17:42 PM#29
What do you guys think about the 3 fighter jets and the 3 tanks? Are there big differences between the factions, and if so how are they balanced to each other?
  Gruug

Elite Member

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.

11/19/12 7:32:03 PM#30

"Balance" is a very subjective term when it comes to this type of genre or depending upon what faction you play. As others have mentioned, whatever faction you play the other faction has better. Therefore, I would onlly say two things. First, balance will always be something that is being tweaked. Second, personal preceptions will likely never change no matter how closely balance each faction in fact actually is at the moment.

Let's party like it is 1863!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search