Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,845,727 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,096
Sony Online Entertainment | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 11/20/12)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

PlanetSide 2 Forum » General Discussion » How bad is the hacker issue now?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
28 posts found
  trancefate

Apprentice Member

11/03/13 2:17:17 AM#21

For those that say hacking never has been an issue, I disagree entirely.

Become a top skill level ESF pilot, these are the guys who NOTICE the hackers easiest :/

I quit because yes, hacking grew out of hand: seriously out of hand. The day I quit I was dalton and av tower instashot by no less than ten separate people. Four months have passed, I could only hope that they reeled it in by now, or the game lost popularity hence it became less profitable to hack (doubtful, i'm sure a simple google search could tell you).

inmysights

Apprentice Member

11/03/13 2:19:50 AM#22
I don't know what you people are talking about. PS2 is raging with cheaters and has been since day one. I don't ever plan on  seeing this change either.

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

Phry

Elite Member

11/03/13 2:24:55 AM#23
Much as i enjoy playing PS2, the hackers are a problem, they do spoil the game for others, but thats probably why they do it, all you can do is report them and hope that SOE get rid of them, that usually gets them out of the game for a few hours, at least until they can create another account, they really do need to do something to prevent the hacking in the first place.
  Arclan

Spotlight Poster

"Ideas are worthless. The only currency that holds any weight is the ability and drive to execute."

11/05/13 5:18:00 PM#24

If jackass SOE would open up a sub server then I would download the game. I'm a long time PS player and have no interest in the scum bag F2P model, nor the hackers that come along with it.

Hacking occurred in PS very rarely when I was playing it. I mean you'd come across it a few times per year.

I remain curious how many players would flock to PS2 if they opened up a sub server with no cash shop; also curious what % of PS1 players never downloaded PS2. I haven't nor has the friend who got me into PS1.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit
video game company layoffs are twice the national average.

raykor

Apprentice Member

3/20/14 9:59:12 PM#25

I don't see them that often but it only takes one blatant hacker to ruin a week of fun for me.  If I run into several in a month, I am questioning why I bother to play.  Opening service tickets is a waste of time since they don't get answered or acted upon.  I watch the hackers account and notice continued activity with no ban.  And don't even dream of starting a post on their forums to complain because it will be deleted and you will get slapped with a violation (even if you don't name hackers or insult anyone).

The bottom line...it's a FTP game and from SOE to boot.  If the occasional hacker bothers you, just leave because they don't want to hear any complaints and won't dedicate serious resources to combat the issue.

brihtwulf

Apprentice Member

3/28/14 3:36:40 PM#26
From my experiences, hacking is extremely rare in the game.  And it certainly isn't to a point where it ruins any of my play time.  There have been times where I may have been suspicious of someone, but never really that I was certain.  I think most of the people who complain about "hackers" in this game are just upset because they were killed when they didn't expect it or felt it was unfair to them.  If you want a game that has hackers, and blatant cheating, check out APB: Reloaded...  Yikes...

infofront

Advanced Member

7/31/14 2:27:57 PM#27
I agree that there is very little hacking in this game. I think the problem is that there is a mix of casual players, traditional MMO players, and hardcore FPSers. A guy who's been playing FPSes 20+ hours per week for 10 years could easily seem like a hacker to a noob.
  bcbully

Elite Member

7/31/14 3:39:29 PM#28
It never was. Now it's virtually nonexistent. Amazing things happen in PS2 on the regular.

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search