Trending Games | EverQuest Next | Guild Wars 2 | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,709 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,312,349
Sony Online Entertainment | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 11/20/12)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

PlanetSide 2 Forum » General Discussion » SOE does it again.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
45 posts found
  paulocafalli

Apprentice Member

12/11/13 10:27:22 AM#41
Originally posted by PieRad

SOE don't stop to think about their customers, they don't give a shit about their players.

People waiting for EQN/L, you're next in line, pull your pants down!

They never did. That's why I think not twice but 3 times before I play any of SOE's games.

paulocafalli Xfire Miniprofile
  Zzulu

Apprentice Member

King of Nerds

1/27/14 12:51:30 PM#42
I think Planetsides customer service has been great. Whenever I have run into a bug or accidentally purchased something I've been able to contact customer service and have been reimbursed. Compared to many other games their customer service owns so I don't know what you guys have experienced but it's not the same as me
  Pilnkplonk

Apprentice Member

1/27/14 3:49:03 PM#43
Originally posted by Benjola

It took me few weeks, maybe a month after launch to figure out how big of a money grab this game is.

People that still play and waste money on it are the suckers of PS2 lol.

And I guess those that managed to resist the urge to drop money on this blatant customer rape and still play for free are the smart ones.

The suckers on the other hand are footing the bill for everyone.

I could go in-depth on all the psychological tricks and traps they use but meh, it's a gaming forum I'll skip it.

?

Please do "go in-depth on all the psychological tricks and traps they use", I'm all ears.

Been playing for 2 months now and haven't spent a penny or had any real incentive to do so. In fact now I feel quite guilty about it - I think I'l throw a couple of tens of dollars in SOE's direction, imo they definitely deserve it for the amount of quality playtime I got from the game. Actually there is nothing I can think of that I'd absolutely need (or even want) from their shop. Nothing. Nada. Maybe a new camo to go with my outfit... big deal lol. XP boosts? The advancement is just as fast as it should be with a free account with double xp weekends a nice draw into the game. I wouldn't enjoy it if it were any faster than it already is... and besides levels here pretty much don't mean anything - your BR is just a cosmetic number showing how much experience you had in the game to other players. (off topic - SOE should really increase BR cap or even make it limitless.. since BR doesn't impact the game in any way there is no reason to cap it)

No really, how did they try to get the money from you? I can't imagine what that could have been.

booboofinger

Novice Member

3/26/14 12:58:15 PM#44
Originally posted by paulocafalli
Originally posted by PieRad

SOE don't stop to think about their customers, they don't give a shit about their players.

People waiting for EQN/L, you're next in line, pull your pants down!

They never did. That's why I think not twice but 3 times before I play any of SOE's games.

I for one will have a real hard time playing any SOE game. What happened to me in DCU has left a bad taste in my mouth that will be hard to overcome.

Arclan

Spotlight Poster

"Ideas are worthless. The only currency that holds any weight is the ability and drive to execute."

6/09/14 2:54:39 PM#45

Originally posted by GriggsC123
SOE Customer Service.

rofl nice video.

Originally posted by Benjola
It took me few weeks, maybe a month after launch to figure out how big of a money grab this game is.

People that still play and waste money on it are the suckers of PS2 lol.

And I guess those that managed to resist the urge to drop money on this blatant customer rape and still play for free are the smart ones.

The suckers on the other hand are footing the bill for everyone.

I could go in-depth on all the psychological tricks and traps they use but meh, it's a gaming forum I'll skip it.

EDIT: And yeah EQN wont be any different, you have been warned!

As one of the smart ones (thank you), let me take a /bow.

Probably right about EQN. The moment Smed decided SOE was going to be a game-monetization company rather a game-subscription company, I lost interest (but have kept watch ever since).

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit
video game company layoffs are twice the national average.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search