Trending Games | Landmark | Camelot Unchained | Hearthstone | Skyforge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,664 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,172
Sony Online Entertainment | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 11/20/12)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

PlanetSide 2 Forum » General Discussion » Unplayable lag.

2 posts found
  AzurePrower

Apprentice Member

Ahh yes, "Hypers." The people who praise and hate every MMORPG... We've dismissed that claim.

OP  11/26/13 7:03:00 AM#1

Picking the closest server to my location (Briggs).

Players, tanks, aircraft. All warping all over the screen.

Had one guy in a MAX suit screaming at my Engi to repair him whilst he teleported all around me, in the floor, in the wall until he suddenly decided to TK me because I wasn't able to get a lock.

Googled this up and seems to be a wide spread problem with the fault pointing at the servers. How do people stand to play the game like this?

Not a very good first impression after giving it a try.

Amarsir

Novice Member

11/26/13 8:35:04 AM#2

The European servers were having considerable problems this past weekend. I'm not sure why or if they finally got ahold of it, but that's fairly abnormal.

There certainly are bugs around too, but given the aggressive schedule they had for a big patch recently, I think you have to expect that. The lag is something different though and speaks to some disorganization over at SOE Europe.

Edit: oh wait, Briggs is in Australia, not EU, isn't it? Hmm. Come to think of it, I know people from NZ who play on Waterson despite it being far away and out of sync timezone-wise. I never asked why, but maybe that's something they've come to expect?

Currently playing:
DC Universe
Planetside 2
Magic Online
Simunomics, the Massive Multiplayer Economic Simulation Game. Play for free.