Trending Games | Trove | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,871,435 Users Online:0
Games:744  Posts:6,254,481
Sony Online Entertainment | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 11/20/12)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

PlanetSide 2 Forum » General Discussion » E3: PS+ not required on PS4 for PS2 and DCUO

3 posts found
  Nadia

Elite Member

OP  6/13/13 8:29:57 AM#1

http://www.tentonhammer.com/events/e3/2013/dcuo/no-playstation-plus-subscription-required-for-dcuo-and-planetside%202-on-playstation-4

Sony revealed during its press conference that a PlayStation Plus account will be required for multiplayer gameplay on the PlayStation 4 earlier this week, but there’s some good news for DC Universe Online (DCUO) and PlanetSide 2 console players. Japanese site Game Watch recently spoke with Sony Worldwide Studio President Shuhei Yoshida about the specifics of the online requirement in relation to MMOGs being ported over to the platform. Yoshida confirmed that players will be able to enjoy DCUO and PlanetSide 2 without the PlayStation Plus subscription on the PlayStation 4.

ElRenmazuo

Elite Member

6/13/13 8:35:34 AM#2
This is not really a surprise to me since it makes sense because you wont be using playstation servers to play those games.  It was the same foe me when i played final fantasy 11 on 360 which did not require xbox live gold membership because the game used square servers.
  Battlerock

Elite Member

6/13/13 8:46:02 AM#3
Im going to buy into the ps+ anyhow if I even buy a console. This is nice for those that dont want to pay for it though. Here is the thing. Your someone that doesnt want to pay $3.25 a month but your going to play ps2 a f2p title. Its like this.... Hey man nice jersey you on the team? Answer: yeah. Question thats cool what position do you play? Answer: Oh I dont actually get on the field but I am at least present.