Trending Games | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | Neverwinter

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,641,299 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,075,841
Sony Online Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 11/20/12)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

PlanetSide 2 Forum » General Discussion » Upcoming patch

8 posts found
  Arclan

Spotlight Poster

Ideas are worthless. The only currency that holds any weight is the ability and drive to execute.

OP  1/09/13 12:51:58 PM#1

Sounds like the upcoming patch will address a lot of the major issues (though sadly not hacking). Most of them revolve around the spawn camping problem.

Bravo! If the feedback after the patch is good, I *might* download the game.

I'm not going to a party full of clowns (F2P), then offer to buy them all drinks. -GregorMcgregor

Playing: XCom, Rome Total War, Master of Orion II, Majesty 2, and HOMM I.
Played: Everquest, Planetside, Vanguard, Pirates of the Burning Sea, EVE, UO.

Caskio

Advanced Member

MMOs are entertainment, not lifestyles.

1/09/13 12:57:26 PM#2

I do wish people would get off this whole hacking deal.  No one will ever stop hacking.  All you can do is ban them and hope they get annoyed or bored enough to stop playing.

I never had a problem with spawn camping. Maybe because I was usually on the side that was doing it.  People are making a big deal about the short invulnerability time on the forums though.  I don't know if they think it lasts until they fire or what, but I assume it is only like 2 or 3 seconds long regardless.

"If you're going to act like a noob, I'll treat you like one." -Caskio

Adventurers wear fancy pants!!!

Arclan

Spotlight Poster

Ideas are worthless. The only currency that holds any weight is the ability and drive to execute.

OP  1/09/13 3:13:50 PM#3

I would guess a second or two, too. Re: hacking, I think a F2P game opens the flood gates on hackers.

I'm not going to a party full of clowns (F2P), then offer to buy them all drinks. -GregorMcgregor

Arclan

Spotlight Poster

OP  1/11/13 2:09:27 PM#4

Ouch. over 6,000 posts on this forum, yet in the past week, only a handful. Not good. Did PS2 miss the boat? Hope not. Moral of the story, don't release junk cuz you only get a few months before everyone black lists your game. You would think SOE had learned their lesson with Vanguard. Never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Wishing PS2 luck and I will probably download it, even if no one else does.

aktalat

Spotlight Poster

Wookiee. Jetpack. Lifeday moomoo. Flying into the SWG sunset on Lok.

1/11/13 2:23:13 PM#5
Originally posted by Arclan

Ouch. over 6,000 posts on this forum, yet in the past week, only a handful. Not good. Did PS2 miss the boat? Hope not. Moral of the story, don't release junk cuz you only get a few months before everyone black lists your game. You would think SOE had learned their lesson with Vanguard. Never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Huh?

Planetside 2 is the sleeper hit of 2013, it's already a cash-cow for SOE and is packed with people 24/7....  I vowed after SOE murdered SWG to never play another SOE game, ever, but after 4+ years here I am, subscribed to Planetside 2.

Just don't expect an immersive MMO, it's more like Unreal Tournament on steroids... go in, shoot stuff, shoot more stuff, then go back to finishing an essay or whatever you were doing (taxes in my case). But if you take it for what it's worth it's a great game and worth the time. And hey, I even threw some money at them, imagine that.

Abyssuss

Novice Member

1/20/13 6:43:29 PM#6
Patch looks good cant wait to give it a try :)
  birken

Novice Member

1/20/13 6:50:04 PM#7
I  Downloaded the game made a character then log in. Game plays like crap and  it is like a cheap halo. It has to be one of the worse game i have played in awhile. Unless the patch change the  game good luck with that epic fail.
  DA_MadAce

Novice Member

Everything is relative.
-Albert Einstein-

1/24/13 5:54:47 AM#8
Originally posted by Arclan

The problems is that this community right here... Is the epitome of retardation. It's pretty luch amazing how they can keep spewing the most insanely wrong opinions at such an intense pace. They're quite dedicated to their immense stupidity.

PS2 is commercially succesful, despite all the efforts of the community to kill it.

May The Force Be With You.
DA_MadAce
visit: http://blastacor.tripod.com