Trending Games | World of Warcraft | EVE Online | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,815,180 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,214,180
Sony Online Entertainment | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 11/20/12)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

PlanetSide 2 Forum » General Discussion » Game get's better and better!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
26 posts found
  Dragonantis

Apprentice Member

1/04/13 7:37:37 AM#21

Started playing at launch and play at least 2 hours a day, I still find it extreamly hard to find an outfit or a platoon that actually works together opr communicate.

other than that the game is amazing, I guess its community just needs more time before social groups form.

Warspine

Novice Member

Dark age of Camelot
Everquest 2
Planetside 1&2
Vanguard saga of heroes
Might & Magic 6,7 and 8

OP  1/04/13 6:06:11 PM#22

Yeah, i think youre right.

If the squadleaders could somehow make missions that the squad members would like to do it would be nice. I dont know how this would work since i kinda thougth about this right now. But if there was a few tasks you could pick from as a squad member. Smaller or bigger tasks and you got a bunch of becons to play around me maybe it would be easyer to get squad members to start working together in random groups.

And to get to the point.

Thouse semi tactic groups would start to recognize the players they play with and maybe build more relations or grow better tactics when they accualy work closer together.

This was just a quick thought but i bet PS2 Crew are looking at these discussions we have, at least now this close to the release so help me out here and give me youre thoughts. (Possitive feedback and suggestions that is, burns never lead to anything)

TeknoBug

Novice Member

1/05/13 7:32:01 AM#23

I haven't had a single epic fight in PS2 yet and I've been in beta since day 2 or 3 back in August. I've had countless epic fights in PS1, the bridge fights on Cyssor or Hossin were amazing and fights around the mountains on Seahrus or Oshur and of course some base fights were very intense. In PS2 you just leave the base that's being attacked and head to the next nearest base, there's no point in defending because the game isn't designed to allow you to defend successfully.

Warspine

Novice Member

Dark age of Camelot
Everquest 2
Planetside 1&2
Vanguard saga of heroes
Might & Magic 6,7 and 8

OP  1/06/13 4:53:39 PM#24

Hmm, Theres a long time since i played ps1. How did you successfolly defend there? I can agree that it's a bit like you say. You fight for a base and you try to go to the next one fast before they can defend that one.

TeknoBug

Novice Member

1/06/13 8:41:51 PM#25

Originally posted by Warspine
Hmm, Theres a long time since i played ps1. How did you successfolly defend there? I can agree that it's a bit like you say. You fight for a base and you try to go to the next one fast before they can defend that one.

PS1 base structure made it much easier to defend than in PS2, you had to go down 2 floors to take out the generator or CC and you can setup defense in the halls and rooms leading to those. In PS2, those are scattered around the base and are ALL exposed to outdoors which means vehicles can annihilate any infantry that dares to defend them.

User Deleted
1/07/13 2:21:39 PM#26
Originally posted by TeknoBug

I haven't had a single epic fight in PS2 yet and I've been in beta since day 2 or 3 back in August. I've had countless epic fights in PS1, the bridge fights on Cyssor or Hossin were amazing and fights around the mountains on Seahrus or Oshur and of course some base fights were very intense. In PS2 you just leave the base that's being attacked and head to the next nearest base, there's no point in defending because the game isn't designed to allow you to defend successfully.

There was a recent thread on sonys forums showing screenshots of the alpha version of bases, they looked like they were a lot better.

I can't imagine why they didn't stick with a design similar to this instead of going with the useless/messy bases we have now.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search