Trending Games | Moonrise | Elder Scrolls Online | Pirate101 | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,562 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,269,939
Sony Online Entertainment | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 11/20/12)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

PlanetSide 2 Forum » General Discussion » Is planetside 2 really worth playing?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
29 posts found
  Khondor

Apprentice Member

Don't Tread On Me!

12/23/12 8:02:33 PM#21
Originally posted by Renton81

I kinda want to dig myself into a nice FPS. I disliked black ops and wanted something a little more... so I opted to consider the MMOFPS route. But I don't want to invest time into the game, then feel regret hours down the line that reall the game wasn't all that.

A few things that concern me is I've been hearing a lot of complaints about bad hit detection boxes.  Then there are people saying how its a Pay 2 win game. I've even seen some referencing links from gaming sites showing how much it would cost if you wanted to buy everythign and its a lot.

I've played MMO's before. At least with WoW, for example, I can say to myself 'well if I want to experience everything the game has to offer, I just need to pay for a couple of expansions worth in cash. Where as if I wanted to experience all the guns and items in PS2 the total would be an extortionate amount.

Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick. Is it worth it?

It's free!  So yea, it's worth it.

tixylix

Hard Core Member

12/24/12 2:01:50 AM#22
Originally posted by Khondor

I kinda want to dig myself into a nice FPS. I disliked black ops and wanted something a little more... so I opted to consider the MMOFPS route. But I don't want to invest time into the game, then feel regret hours down the line that reall the game wasn't all that.

A few things that concern me is I've been hearing a lot of complaints about bad hit detection boxes.  Then there are people saying how its a Pay 2 win game. I've even seen some referencing links from gaming sites showing how much it would cost if you wanted to buy everythign and its a lot.

I've played MMO's before. At least with WoW, for example, I can say to myself 'well if I want to experience everything the game has to offer, I just need to pay for a couple of expansions worth in cash. Where as if I wanted to experience all the guns and items in PS2 the total would be an extortionate amount.

It isn't free, it takes so long to unlock anything and the base stuff is crap, you will die a shit ton and you need to purchase stuff to compete really. 

Khondor

Apprentice Member

Don't Tread On Me!

12/24/12 9:53:49 AM#23
Originally posted by tixylix

It isn't free, it takes so long to unlock anything and the base stuff is crap, you will die a shit ton and you need to purchase stuff to compete really. 

You don't need to buy anything to compete.  Everything you can buy is pretty much a side grade.  And you will die a shit ton when you first start, regardless. 

tixylix

Hard Core Member

12/24/12 10:55:37 AM#24
Originally posted by tixylix

You don't need to buy anything to compete.  Everything you can buy is pretty much a side grade.  And you will die a shit ton when you first start, regardless. 

It really isn't a side grade at all, the game is poorly balanced.

Keltik

Novice Member

"Yes, I really do have a bullet hole in me"

12/28/12 3:24:35 AM#25

Well, the game is free, so it may be worth a little of your time. It's ok TBH, not outstanding, nor innovative, nor particularly well balanced (regardless how many of Youtube/twitch casting fraternity sing it's praises).

It can be fun, but you will meet aimbots and invulnerable troops (like any online FPS) and you will die a lot as a consequence.

Try it and see.

expresso

Tipster

12/28/12 3:33:24 AM#26
PS2 just feels like COD in space, anyone want a fix of sci-fi action check out Tribes Ascend, free to play and a tonne of fun if you can handle the pace.
  dimnikar

Novice Member

12/28/12 3:37:15 AM#27

Tribes has too specific gameplay to be enjoyable in the long term.

Planetside 2 is fun if you don't plop 8 hours per day for 1 week straight into it, because you willl get sick of it very, very fast.

This may be true for any game.

I try to avoid that. I still restrain myself from playing BF3 excessively - still haven't seen all the maps / game modes - just so the wonder lasts me longer.

Luckily, there's enough good games out to do this with all of them.

http://lyrics.iztok.org/verse/Lynyrd_Skynyrd/Simple_Man/80615

timeraider

Apprentice Member

12/28/12 8:04:51 AM#28

worth playing? its free so you can test it out anyway. In my opinion totally worth the time though. So far ive got about 120 hours of fun out of it.

find a good outfit and you will have a great time :P

aspekx

Novice Member

12/28/12 8:17:58 AM#29
its great. i love it and play it everyday.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
One could be called finite, the other infinite.
A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

2 Pages « 1 2 Search