Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes | World of Warcraft | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,902,102 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,275,049
Sony Online Entertainment | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 11/20/12)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

PlanetSide 2 Forum » General Discussion » Playing Sniper...Which Faction ?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
29 posts found
  Zinzan

Novice Member

12/05/12 5:07:06 AM#21
Originally posted by tank017
Originally posted by Hydhra
Vanu takes about 2-3 headshoots to kill, NC/TR takes 1 shoot, stay away from Vanu if you want to kill people easy.

This is simply not true..

I constantly get one hit headshot kills.Its probably the weapon youre using.

Correct, weapon is irrelevant, any faction sniper (even the basic models) can get a headshot and it's always a 1-hit kill.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

spizz

Novice Member

12/05/12 6:50:58 AM#22

Best faction is TR:

Why ? Because of the repeater UZI type pistol which a lot more powerfull than the pistils from other factions. Other ones have only single shots.

SysOpPsyche

Novice Member

12/05/12 9:47:45 AM#23

Originally posted by Zinzan

Originally posted by Hydhra Vanu takes about 2-3 headshoots to kill, NC/TR takes 1 shoot, stay away from Vanu if you want to kill people easy.
This is simply not true..   I constantly get one hit headshot kills.Its probably the weapon youre using.
Correct, weapon is irrelevant, any faction sniper (even the basic models) can get a headshot and it's always a 1-hit kill.

I can't tell if thats sarcasm or just a flat out lie.

Want to test how many headshots it takes to kill with a sniper - test it in your factions warpgate area on friendlies in the spawn room (it'll give a warning but nothing more than that - grief system isn't in)

Of the Basic starter snipers, Only the NC Bolt Driver can 1 Headshot kill. The Vanu basic starter sniper takes 2 Headshots to kill and the TR take 2-3 Headshots to kill(depending on what armor upgrades they have).

TweFoju

Tipster

12/05/12 1:18:09 PM#24

i managed to kill more with NC using sniper

Vanu no luck so far, which is crazy, either i suck or the Vanu sniper not as good as NC, cause i havent been able to 1 shot using the Vanu

So What Now?

Teala

Spotlight Poster

"Really officer, they're herbs."

12/05/12 2:16:43 PM#25
Originally posted by Beanpuie
Ok then tell me what weapon your using and ile try it out.

Im currently using the Ghost with a 4x scope.Its a step up from the rifle you get starting out in terms of damage.

Ive gotten quite a lot of head shots with it.

i get a few with the V10 as well.

@Teala   

does it drift when you get at a certain scope distance? (x7,x8,x8 etc.)

supposedly, its to simulate your steadiness while aiming your crosshairs down on the enemy, it sways and drifts about.

You can hold down Shift, your character holds his/her breath which steadys the aim for a good couple seconds.

Thanks for the info.   I figured it out justfrom messing around with it.    It seems to work like it did in PS, but I think it still needs tweaked a bit.  Even being able to hold your breath it still doesn't stay as steady as I remember it being in the older game.    Also, which is the best sniper/scope available in the game?  Do they still have the NCBolt Driver?  

Beanpuie

Advanced Member

12/05/12 4:11:17 PM#26
Originally posted by Teala
Originally posted by Beanpuie
Ok then tell me what weapon your using and ile try it out.

Im currently using the Ghost with a 4x scope.Its a step up from the rifle you get starting out in terms of damage.

Ive gotten quite a lot of head shots with it.

i get a few with the V10 as well.

@Teala   

does it drift when you get at a certain scope distance? (x7,x8,x8 etc.)

supposedly, its to simulate your steadiness while aiming your crosshairs down on the enemy, it sways and drifts about.

You can hold down Shift, your character holds his/her breath which steadys the aim for a good couple seconds.

Thanks for the info.   I figured it out justfrom messing around with it.    It seems to work like it did in PS, but I think it still needs tweaked a bit.  Even being able to hold your breath it still doesn't stay as steady as I remember it being in the older game.    Also, which is the best sniper/scope available in the game?  Do they still have the NCBolt Driver?  

yea NC bolt driver is still there, it should be the default sniper gun for the NC, but im not NC so i dont know  for sure

(DIE NC SCUM!!!!!

kidding.............*puts gun away*

also, head shots count this time around, and with the NC bolt driver, its a 1 shot kill if you get the head shot, but be sure to compensate with the bullet drop ( and further bullet drop if you add a supressor).

it pays off the more you get use to the weapon, both its behavior and the games mechanics itself.

Beanpuie

Advanced Member

12/05/12 4:13:08 PM#27
Originally posted by TweFoju

i managed to kill more with NC using sniper

Vanu no luck so far, which is crazy, either i suck or the Vanu sniper not as good as NC, cause i havent been able to 1 shot using the Vanu

which sniper you using for the Vanu side

VS10 you can get 1 shot kills via head shot i thats what your going for

if its the default vanu sniper rifle,  triple taps are mandatory, But you can stay in scope if you fire the gun unlike the bolt driver counterpart(s)

cosy

Newshound

EvE Rules #491 you should never, ever attack Russians on winter months

12/05/12 4:40:14 PM#28

i play NC and VS sniper the only advantage for NC is that the starting weapon is decent after that there is no much difference if u go pure sniper

VS is better at long range even if u go above 300-350 if u aim for head u get the kill for any other body part u need 2 or even 3 shots depending on your range
NC give u 250-275 range above this range u need to aim above head to get head shots and any part of the body require 2 shots

i use on both 8x and 12x optics based on the range and if is about camping or action

PD:EvEisNot4WoWkids
BestSigEver :P

InvalidString

Novice Member

12/06/12 3:24:41 PM#29
TR sniper - got bolt action now and dat pistol ...
2 Pages « 1 2 Search