Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,724 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,241,667
Sony Online Entertainment | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 11/20/12)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

PlanetSide 2 Forum » General Discussion » To nerf Camo, or not to nerf Camo....[Video inside]

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
29 posts found
  User Deleted
12/03/12 6:10:19 AM#21

As a NC Medic i have the artic camo (white grey) and i did just troll for 45 seconds in the midst of an Vanu frontline packed with 30+ vanus at 10 square meters.

This was on broad daylight on indar "The Crown".

Killing over 20 people with the knife / c4 and a few handgun shoots. It took the respawning sunderer guys to actually kill me.

And the arctic camo seems to trigger an "angst" effect on my own NC faction. I probably get every 5 minutes friendly fire killed by one guy not realizing i'm an nc, despite my blue tag, my blue helmet and me healing him. (I'm not talking about fireline accidents but right out aiming and killing me standing next to them without enemies)

It made clear:

1. People don't use spot
2. They don't watch their surroundings in the midst oftheir own
3. Nearly no one seems to know the Color and even less the armor shape of any factions including their own.
4. People are so used to color nametags they can't tell friend from foe without them.
5. Even blinking red indicators for friendlyfire are not visible to the majority

Dullahan

Advanced Member

Death to Themepark.

12/04/12 6:30:21 AM#22

I personally kill friendlies that wear the opposing teams colors.  Countless times I've accidently shot them in thick fire fights, given away my position or attempted to heal them and died when I otherwise would not have  Now if I see a friendly that looks like the enemy in the heat of battle, I just waste him.

Just my perogative.

Played EQ, UO, DAoC, AO, WoW, EQII, Vanguard, Ryzom, Darkfall, Warhammer, Rift, MO, Tera, DFUW, Age of Wushu, NW2, ESO and many others I don't remember or care to admit.
-
Awaiting The Repopulation, and Archeage.
-
Don't be ignorant. Get an MMO education!

Thane

Hard Core Member

I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

12/04/12 6:34:35 AM#23
Originally posted by Beanpuie

WARNING

Before watching this video, please understand the following,  There were no hacks, exploits, cheats, bugs, involved in this video what so ever - everything that happened is legit, and unfortunately, may end up being nerf in the near/later future. other than that..... enjoy the lulz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tL9aWePmO2k

Summary:  Many have explained that buying Camo is a waste of money, or is just for looks.  In this video, buying certain Camo that has similiar colors of the enemy faction might prove useful... perhaps too useful.

My opinion: In this video, a Vanu light assault has applied the  [Giraffe Camo] on his uniform,  flew down and had some fun with the NC, the worse part however, is that it took the NC a VERY LONG TIME, to figure out the enemy was amongst them.

Q: why nobody spammed  spot?

A: perhaps in a psycohological perspective, the fire fight  being very thick, many of the NC's focus was towards one particular direction, the enemy being as close as the Giraffe camo guy, the idea didnt pop up for anybody to blindly start spamming spot and spin around in 360 degree's non stop to find any enemies;  they thought they were safe.

Q: as many people that he killed why didnt he show up on radar

A: again the fire fight being thick and many having their attention placed on that and not the surrounding area, the Vanu Giraffe soldier mostly killed using a knife, knife kills dont register on radar because they dont make much noise unlike using a gun.  and of the times he finally used a shotgun, whether he appeared on the radar or not,  the NC were not paying attention (note: i dont think shotguns can have suppressors on them, let alone he was equiped with one)

Also thought of the lag, bugs that perhaps helped him,  and to be honest, if that were the case, then ALL of those NC that were in the area , all of them must of had the same frame rate, bugs, color blindness at the exact same time to not notice the Vanu Giraffe soldier.

errrm... dude? dont do those drugs, seriously.

you ask to nerf camo and then you show the next vid doing the same WITHOUT the camo?

point dissaproved i guess.

didnt it cross your mind that the camo had nothing to do with it then? if you find a bunch of noobs it's usualy quite easy to kill em ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

12/04/12 7:01:54 AM#24
Camo is a double edged sword
You're more likely to die to friendly fire wearing it.
  Vyeth

Novice Member

Celebrated pariah of MMORPG.com

12/04/12 7:10:56 AM#25

lol.. Epic...

Camo is winning..

Infilitrators being able to kill someone and actually disguise themselves for a limited time would be even better!

Beanpuie

Advanced Member

OP  12/04/12 4:02:20 PM#26
Originally posted by Thane
Originally posted by Beanpuie

WARNING

Before watching this video, please understand the following,  There were no hacks, exploits, cheats, bugs, involved in this video what so ever - everything that happened is legit, and unfortunately, may end up being nerf in the near/later future. other than that..... enjoy the lulz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tL9aWePmO2k

Summary:  Many have explained that buying Camo is a waste of money, or is just for looks.  In this video, buying certain Camo that has similiar colors of the enemy faction might prove useful... perhaps too useful.

My opinion: In this video, a Vanu light assault has applied the  [Giraffe Camo] on his uniform,  flew down and had some fun with the NC, the worse part however, is that it took the NC a VERY LONG TIME, to figure out the enemy was amongst them.

Q: why nobody spammed  spot?

A: perhaps in a psycohological perspective, the fire fight  being very thick, many of the NC's focus was towards one particular direction, the enemy being as close as the Giraffe camo guy, the idea didnt pop up for anybody to blindly start spamming spot and spin around in 360 degree's non stop to find any enemies;  they thought they were safe.

Q: as many people that he killed why didnt he show up on radar

A: again the fire fight being thick and many having their attention placed on that and not the surrounding area, the Vanu Giraffe soldier mostly killed using a knife, knife kills dont register on radar because they dont make much noise unlike using a gun.  and of the times he finally used a shotgun, whether he appeared on the radar or not,  the NC were not paying attention (note: i dont think shotguns can have suppressors on them, let alone he was equiped with one)

Also thought of the lag, bugs that perhaps helped him,  and to be honest, if that were the case, then ALL of those NC that were in the area , all of them must of had the same frame rate, bugs, color blindness at the exact same time to not notice the Vanu Giraffe soldier.

errrm... dude? dont do those drugs, seriously.

you ask to nerf camo and then you show the next vid doing the same WITHOUT the camo?

point dissaproved i guess.

didnt it cross your mind that the camo had nothing to do with it then? if you find a bunch of noobs it's usualy quite easy to kill em ^^

Lol

re-read what i wrote then come back to me.

aRtFuLThinG

Advanced Member

12/04/12 4:17:40 PM#27

silencer is actually deadlier than camo. Camo still gives you away on radar, silencer makes your shots quiet, no trace, no radar signals.

I actually killed a lot of people that way as a heavy at range or even in several cases up close (because they can't really hear me around the corner). Without trace and radar signal a firing soldier is very hard to spot if they are not directly in your sights.

Camo... too often people will just friendly fire you.

Beanpuie

Advanced Member

OP  12/04/12 7:22:48 PM#28
Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

silencer is actually deadlier than camo. Camo still gives you away on radar, silencer makes your shots quiet, no trace, no radar signals.

I actually killed a lot of people that way as a heavy at range or even in several cases up close (because they can't really hear me around the corner). Without trace and radar signal a firing soldier is very hard to spot if they are not directly in your sights.

Camo... too often people will just friendly fire you.

I usually find  the V10(vanu with a supressor to be deadly , esspecially if you have patience.

but a supressor on a Artemis(vanu) is just as scary as well when in close up , very loud fire fights

InvalidString

Novice Member

12/06/12 3:03:13 PM#29
I think i need to buy me some camo tonite ...  lol
2 Pages « 1 2 Search