Trending Games | Trove | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | Shroud of the Avatar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,766,322 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,186,127
Sony Online Entertainment | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 11/20/12)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

PlanetSide 2 Forum » General Discussion » One hacker keeping a group of 100 from taking sungrey amp station

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
26 posts found
  Airwren

Novice Member

12/03/12 9:35:07 PM#21
Originally posted by ellobo29

as title says.... seriously one hacker keeping an entire base locked down...

sure it was 100 nc vs 100'ish vs and as soon as we started gaining any ground on sungrey hacker started killing ppl by the 20's. If u were there this morning you know who i speak of....

I saw a youtube video that someone posted yesterday on the official forums of an NC hacker that held a base by himself against probably 50+ people.  All the typical goodies, aim bot, along with area radar/sonar so he could see on his screen where everyone was positioned.  Honestly though, I've played the game a lot since launch and I still don't find the hacking all that prevalent.  The unfortunate thing is that it doesn't need to be to have a major impact on the flow of the game. 

Rhoklaw

Advanced Member

$500 Backer to 2014's Top New MMO... The Repopulation!

12/03/12 10:52:01 PM#22
Originally posted by Airwren

sure it was 100 nc vs 100'ish vs and as soon as we started gaining any ground on sungrey hacker started killing ppl by the 20's. If u were there this morning you know who i speak of....

I saw a youtube video that someone posted yesterday on the official forums of an NC hacker that held a base by himself against probably 50+ people.  All the typical goodies, aim bot, along with area radar/sonar so he could see on his screen where everyone was positioned.  Honestly though, I've played the game a lot since launch and I still don't find the hacking all that prevalent.  The unfortunate thing is that it doesn't need to be to have a major impact on the flow of the game. 

Well, not only is it an FPS, but it's a free FPS which just screams for hackers. I've been playing it here and there, but believe it or not, aimbots are around more than you think. People didn't believe players were aimbotting in APB either and that game was riddled with them. PS2 is a new game so hackers aren't going to be stupid about it. They'll hide their kills to try and remain discreet. But as the OP said, soon as the opposing forces gain ground, they'll let loose to turn the tide again.

Ehliya

Advanced Member

12/04/12 3:47:36 PM#23

This will be the death knell for any future plans for PS2 to implement player created/owned bases, a deeper system of alliance conflicts, etc.  No one will want to invest time in anything persistent if it can be swept away by cheats/hacks.

kadepsyson

Advanced Member

The doctors say his chances are 50/50...but there's only a 10% chance of that.

12/04/12 3:52:30 PM#24
Well, I'm glad in my FPS... it can't do this!  :P

El Psy Congroo

Vyeth

Hard Core Member

Celebrated pariah of MMORPG.com

12/04/12 4:02:21 PM#25
Originally posted by denshing

How can people enjoy ruining the game. It takes away the skill and everything epic about the game. Somethings seriously wrong with them.

The internet is about the "lulz" .. The 4chans and reddits of the world make sure that everyone will laugh at you while you rage at getting "roflpwned" by a hacker in an FPS...

They don't care about the "skill", the potential of becoming a pro player or any of that.. They just want to see how mad they can make you so they can turn you into a meme on a bulletin board site and lol at you with their friends..

InvalidString

Novice Member

12/06/12 2:59:24 PM#26
Originally posted by CalmOceans
Originally posted by Onomas

Screenshots? Video? Nothing?

Well, to be fair, my thread that showed a video got deleted. I'm not complaining about that, I don't mind, but you can see why he can't post a video. Yes, it's easy to find them, just go to youtube and sort by the last 2 days, it's full of videos.

They already said they dont delete them, just move them into a places where the mods can view them.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search