Trending Games | World of Warcraft | WildStar | Dragon Age: Inquisition | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,202 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,293,047
Sony Online Entertainment | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 11/20/12)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

PlanetSide 2 Forum » General Discussion » Better than PS1

9 posts found
  Shoko_Lied

Novice Member

SWG Publish 4 Jedi:Flurry: TKM unlock

OP  11/26/12 9:15:42 PM#1

The game is definitely better than planetside 1. The graphics are beautiful, and the combat doesn't let up. It's so much fun driving up a valley with a convoy of 40+ vehicles and then assaulting a base or outpost. Another nice thing is the in game voice system. You can just plug in your headset and talk in group, platoon, or outfit.

One of the greatest feelings is when you are in the mid gun for the Liberator and it's equipped with explosive rounds. Just aim, and take out tanks or infantry. 1 shot can blow up 3-4 softies in one hit.

Sometimes it feels like you are playing planetside 1 when there are a bunch of players defending an outpost next to a cliff looking down at a bridge and valley.

I am glad my friend got me to play. I was in the tech test, and I absolutely hated it. I knew it wasn't done, but I figured it was close enough mechanically to judge whether it would be good or not. Everyone fought in the middle of the map at one base in specific, and it was just boring. The warpgates were very impractical too. Now the warpgates are very streamlined for convenience and fights take place throughout the entire map.

Before release, there was no benefit to taking over the entire continent, and now there are perks for pushing the enemy back into their warpgate.

I used to be NC Markov on PS1. Now I have betrayed them and went Terran. I can't wait to log in every day and blast some smurfs. Terran pride!

rodingo

Elite Member

11/26/12 10:29:04 PM#2
I dunno.  I was also NC Markov in PS1 and I think I actually prefer the cert system in PS1 more than PS2.  Well before they NGE'ed it a little with that Core Combat expansion.  Plus I think the Max'es now are not even worth jumping into.  They took a pretty good cert system that made you consider trade offs in PS1 and re-invented it into something that is just designed to earn them money in a f2p set up.  Yes I know they need to make money, and for some reason maybe they can as f2p with that set up.  But I really do wish they would have at least kept the original cert system somehow.  Don't get me wrong, I'm having a blast playing PS2 becuase it's bringing back all of those great memories and moments from PS1, but still,....you know?

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

tachgb

Apprentice Member

11/27/12 3:59:31 AM#3

A big fan of PS1. But all I can say is...WOOHOO, A BRILLIANT NEW MMOFPS IS HERE! :)

And it's going to last. They've made a great effort so far to learn from their mistakes in PS1.

bcbully

Elite Member

11/27/12 3:46:44 PM#4
Never played one, but PS2 is a huge jump forward in FPS design. The only thing missing is warships and sea battles for total war, I kinda get the feeling this is what the gang over at World of Tanks is working on.
  cybertrucker

Spotlight Poster

Freeloading mooches are the scourge of the gaming community.

11/27/12 3:46:46 PM#5
Originally posted by mikecackle
[mod edit]

[mod edit] Might give this game a try myself

bcbully

Elite Member

11/27/12 3:48:31 PM#6
Originally posted by cybertrucker
[mod edit]

There is nothing stopping you. The combat is thrilling.

Shoko_Lied

Novice Member

SWG Publish 4 Jedi:Flurry: TKM unlock

OP  11/27/12 7:27:40 PM#7
Originally posted by bcbully
Originally posted by cybertrucker
[mod edit]

There is nothing stopping you. The combat is thrilling.

[mod edit]

If you think there's no point, it's boring, and repititious. Then there is literally not a single FPS out there for you. Sorry but PS2 has more purpose than match based FPS games that have maps the size of your house.

The game has hundreds of locations to fight over, so it's not repititious, unlike games where you play the exact same tiny map over and over. 6 years to unlock certs is a huge exaggeration. People will be playing years after launch, and you will be proven wrong.

Too bad it's not for you. But don't lie about the game. Taking from your own choice of words. "There's no point".

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

11/27/12 7:29:18 PM#8
Best mmo since daoc, I'm frikin lovin'it.
  mmoguy43

Spotlight Poster

11/29/12 5:25:57 PM#9

PS2 > PS1 in many ways. I liked both cert systems too and see both of their strengths and weaknesses.

I can even recall PS1 in the beta was it a really piss poor state in comparison to PS2. Then even after launch it never kept up with the innovations for FPSs. PS1 wasn't really subscription worthy and PS2 is worthy of playing for free and spending a few bucks here and there.

Yeah, a lot better.

Let's build the ultimate MMO 1 feature at a time
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/398555/page/1

"blocked nariusseldon since forever"