Trending Games | Pirate101 | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Guild Wars 2 | The Secret World

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,272 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,269,341
Sony Online Entertainment | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 11/20/12)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

PlanetSide 2 Forum » General Discussion » Red Tags on Enemies

10 posts found
  Trueth

Novice Member

OP  11/17/12 12:11:40 PM#1
I'm seeing lots of red tags on enemies. Sometimes even an enemy soldier hiding in the rocks (I cant see him) is given away by a bouncing red icon above his head.  This nonesense going to be in the release? How will players ever do anything but ZERG into each other if everyones position is given away by bouncing red tags?
  Ravik

Novice Member

11/17/12 12:16:20 PM#2
I almost positive the only reason they have the red triangle over their head is because someone else has seen them already so their position is broadcast to everyone nearby.  If you aren't seen by the enemy you won't be spotted behind cover.  

Make games you want to play.

muffins89

Novice Member

11/17/12 12:17:45 PM#3

you can spot your enemy with Q.  just like in most fps games.  it lets your teammates know where they are.

I think the prostitute mod corrupted your game files man. -elhefen

Trueth

Novice Member

OP  11/17/12 12:20:50 PM#4
Originally posted by muffins89

you can spot your enemy with Q.  just like in most fps games.  it lets your teammates know where they are.

Nah, most FPS's will tag the location on the map, it wont permantly hamstring your game play with red icon above your head that follows you where ever you go. does this Icon stay forever or will it fade away over time? If it's a forever icon it's bloody hell pathetic.

muffins89

Novice Member

11/17/12 12:31:24 PM#5
Originally posted by Trueth

Nah, most FPS's will tag the location on the map, it wont permantly hamstring your game play with red icon above your head that follows you where ever you go. does this Icon stay forever or will it fade away over time? If it's a forever icon it's bloody hell pathetic.

don't get spotted. 

I think the prostitute mod corrupted your game files man. -elhefen

Trueth

Novice Member

OP  11/17/12 1:49:47 PM#6

don't get spotted. 

That's like saying "Don't run out of bullets because you can't reload" - "Don't get spotted, because you will never be able to regain the initiative."

A weak arguement for a broken game mechanic.

Heretique

Novice Member

Most of my posts get deleted.

11/17/12 1:53:18 PM#7
Works like BF3, goes away after a little bit plus it's limited so you can't spam Q to spot an insane amount of targets.

Originally posted by salsa41
are you have problem ?

Kost

Newshound

In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro.

11/17/12 1:54:13 PM#8
Originally posted by Trueth

don't get spotted. 

That's like saying "Don't run out of bullets because you can't reload" - "Don't get spotted, because you will never be able to regain the initiative."

A weak arguement for a broken game mechanic.

It isn't broken, what is broken is your level of situational awareness. Pretty obvious it is severely lacking.

Trueth

Novice Member

OP  11/17/12 1:57:50 PM#9
Originally posted by Kost

It isn't broken, what is broken is your level of situational awareness. Pretty obvious it is severely lacking.

I must be in the fanboy section - Clearly identified by the lack of an argument and the immediate move to insults when faced a legit concern that water down gameplay for the "younger", less informed crowd.

Trueth

Novice Member

OP  11/17/12 1:59:06 PM#10
Originally posted by Heretique
Works like BF3, goes away after a little bit plus it's limited so you can't spam Q to spot an insane amount of targets.

Thank you for the actual answer. :)