Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Shards | World of Warcraft | WildStar

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,482 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,294,617
Sony Online Entertainment | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 11/20/12)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

PlanetSide 2 Forum » General Discussion » This game is amazing.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
58 posts found
  s1fu71

Novice Member

Joined: 12/08/10
Posts: 220

10/22/12 4:12:23 PM#41

Thanks for the info. I did not know that either. People are tougher from the front, eh?

Guess it makes even more sense to attempt to flank the enemy now.

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

  Crashsplash

Novice Member

Joined: 5/27/12
Posts: 22

10/22/12 4:16:55 PM#42
Originally posted by s1fu71

Thanks for the info. I did not know that either. People are tougher from the front, eh?

Guess it makes even more sense to attempt to flank the enemy now.

People? Lol no, tanks (and sundys)

  Jonoku

Spotlight Poster

Joined: 6/08/12
Posts: 663

"Veni Vidi Vici"

10/22/12 4:24:34 PM#43
I'm tempted to get the Alpha Squad Package but I still need to spend 200 bucks on a new razer headset and a 24inch asus monitor. I can still get new weapons through in-game currency credits.

Looking at: The Repopulation
Preordering: None
Playing: Random Games

  s1fu71

Novice Member

Joined: 12/08/10
Posts: 220

10/22/12 4:46:50 PM#44

Hey, yeah. You mention getting stuff with in game currency. How does that work?

Is that the Station cash, where you have to spend real money? Or do you earn it thru other means?

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

  TeknoBug

Novice Member

Joined: 10/13/07
Posts: 2166

10/22/12 5:06:22 PM#45


Originally posted by s1fu71
Hey, yeah. You mention getting stuff with in game currency. How does that work?

Is that the Station cash, where you have to spend real money? Or do you earn it thru other means?



Not exactly sure, I have 600 SC right now and I have no idea how I earned it.


  Agricola1

Novice Member

Joined: 1/30/06
Posts: 5041

"The one you call messiah is a lie"--- Gary Numan

10/23/12 3:53:19 AM#46
Originally posted by Jonoku
I'm tempted to get the Alpha Squad Package but I still need to spend 200 bucks on a new razer headset and a 24inch asus monitor. I can still get new weapons through in-game currency credits.

Get the Alpha Squad deal first, remember you get 4K of station cash straight away. You can buy the monitor and headset one at a time, the Alpha Squad pays for itself.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

  william0532

Advanced Member

Joined: 7/16/11
Posts: 250

10/23/12 3:57:51 AM#47
I've played alot of the beta and love the game, unfortunately I need a pc update(My rigs weak) so I had some freezing, and when I tried to fix my computer it made it ten times worse lol. I'm going to hold off for a couple months till I get a better rig. Looking forward too it. Just out of curiousity they where switching back and fourth from hacking and just being in the room, what  did they end up with?
  Agricola1

Novice Member

Joined: 1/30/06
Posts: 5041

"The one you call messiah is a lie"--- Gary Numan

10/23/12 4:03:47 AM#48
Originally posted by william0532
I've played alot of the beta and love the game, unfortunately I need a pc update(My rigs weak) so I had some freezing, and when I tried to fix my computer it made it ten times worse lol. I'm going to hold off for a couple months till I get a better rig. Looking forward too it. Just out of curiousity they where switching back and fourth from hacking and just being in the room, what  did they end up with?

Right now you only have to be near the point, however there is an influence system. In a nutshell you capture the points (get 200 XP for flipping a point from enemy to friendly), then a bar starts to fill up when full you flip the base to your faction (500 XP). The speed the bar fills up depends on the area surrounding the points you're trying to capture (more area your faction owns = quicker the bar fills).

You can take out shield generators and stuff, I think they can be hacked but I'm Heavy Assault so you'd have to ask an infiltrator for specifics.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

  Phry

Elite Member

Joined: 7/01/04
Posts: 5421

10/23/12 4:11:14 AM#49

When Planetside 1 is still the better game, kind of wondering how that will work out, do they intend to close Planetside 1 so that Planetside 2 will have less competition ? because no matter how i look at it, i wouldnt choose Planetside 2 over 1, you have more freedom to develop your skill sets in 1 than 2, you have more skill sets when it comes down to it in 1 than 2, and in Planetside 1, you have several forms of stealth, from the stealth suits to electronic implants that gave you some ability to avoid radar detection/motion detection then there are the max's and the weapons themselves, and the vehicles, why are there more of them in Planetside 1 than in 2?

As a long time player of Planetside, there is nothing in Planetside 2 that would give me any encouragement to shift to it, i can only imagine its because SOE is trying to draw in a different type of playerbase and not have their existing players shift from one game to another.  If DUST514 is released on PC, which might happen if rumours are anything near true, then Planetside 2 will be a ghost town.

  Agricola1

Novice Member

Joined: 1/30/06
Posts: 5041

"The one you call messiah is a lie"--- Gary Numan

10/23/12 4:22:18 AM#50
Originally posted by Phry

When Planetside 1 is still the better game, kind of wondering how that will work out, do they intend to close Planetside 1 so that Planetside 2 will have less competition ? because no matter how i look at it, i wouldnt choose Planetside 2 over 1, you have more freedom to develop your skill sets in 1 than 2, you have more skill sets when it comes down to it in 1 than 2, and in Planetside 1, you have several forms of stealth, from the stealth suits to electronic implants that gave you some ability to avoid radar detection/motion detection then there are the max's and the weapons themselves, and the vehicles, why are there more of them in Planetside 1 than in 2?

As a long time player of Planetside, there is nothing in Planetside 2 that would give me any encouragement to shift to it, i can only imagine its because SOE is trying to draw in a different type of playerbase and not have their existing players shift from one game to another.  If DUST514 is released on PC, which might happen if rumours are anything near true, then Planetside 2 will be a ghost town.

PS1 has 9 years of history behind it so that's why it has so much more to offer. PS2 will be F2P so you don't have to pay a dime to play with your mates if they're on PS2.

I'm sure when the day comes that PS2 has player owned bases and as much to offer as PS1 then PS1 will go F2P. As it stands now I'm sure that PS1 is being put on the back burner and PS2 is the focus of development.

In 9 years time someone will probably be asking a similar question about why they should play PS3 when PS2 has so much more to offer?

As for Dust 514, in my opinion much like CCP it's just a joke; without the ability to have 5 alts macro mining and 2 more transporting the goods I'm certain Dust 514 will be as dead as a Greek investment banker being chased by the Golden Dawn!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

  Zadawn

Novice Member

Joined: 11/04/10
Posts: 676

10/26/12 8:00:11 PM#51

I've been in the beta for a month now without even knowing.

I'll be hoping in the game in about 5 minutes.

 

Hope it is as good as you say.

  Abyssuss

Novice Member

Joined: 7/26/12
Posts: 85

10/26/12 11:12:41 PM#52
Originally posted by Phry

When Planetside 1 is still the better game, kind of wondering how that will work out, do they intend to close Planetside 1 so that Planetside 2 will have less competition ? because no matter how i look at it, i wouldnt choose Planetside 2 over 1, you have more freedom to develop your skill sets in 1 than 2, you have more skill sets when it comes down to it in 1 than 2, and in Planetside 1, you have several forms of stealth, from the stealth suits to electronic implants that gave you some ability to avoid radar detection/motion detection then there are the max's and the weapons themselves, and the vehicles, why are there more of them in Planetside 1 than in 2?

As a long time player of Planetside, there is nothing in Planetside 2 that would give me any encouragement to shift to it, i can only imagine its because SOE is trying to draw in a different type of playerbase and not have their existing players shift from one game to another.  If DUST514 is released on PC, which might happen if rumours are anything near true, then Planetside 2 will be a ghost town.

Erm no... CCP signed a deal with Sony for Dust514 and Sony have helped develop Dust514, why would they port Dust514 to the PC to be in direct competition with planetside2? Sony wont allow that for a while. Also it's quite funny how you think Planetside2 would be a ghost down if Dust514 was ported to PC, I don't think you've played the Dust514 beta, yes its in beta but CCP should stick to Eve.

Hope Planetside 2 will be a success, time will tell :)

  Vlhad77

Novice Member

Joined: 8/10/12
Posts: 149

10/27/12 11:13:19 PM#53
from what ive seen its looking ok but is there crafting in this game?
  User Deleted
10/27/12 11:18:41 PM#54
Sadly this game will be a mega disaster.  It isnt really an MMO, its an FPS with some elements of MMO thrown in.  I am sure it will be using a P2W model since it is a SOE game as well and everyone knows station cash is a blatant money grab.  Game reeks of train wreck from my perspective.
  hikaru77

Hard Core Member

Joined: 3/28/07
Posts: 1006

10/28/12 1:00:58 AM#55
Originally posted by Zylaxx
Sadly this game will be a mega disaster.  It isnt really an MMO, its an FPS with some elements of MMO thrown in.  I am sure it will be using a P2W model since it is a SOE game as well and everyone knows station cash is a blatant money grab.  Game reeks of train wreck from my perspective.

Is not P2W when the game is all about teamplay, and you can only unlock weaps and certifications faster but still, since is all about teamwork, a single player cant do much alone. PS2 is a war game, a massive RvRvR FPS MMO, there is nothing in the market with the level of action that this game have.  

  Edelbert

Apprentice Member

Joined: 9/23/12
Posts: 73

10/28/12 5:29:30 AM#56

Game is far from amazing. It is good, but still needs a lot of work.

There's a few things I didn't like:

1. Micro-Stuttering: While participating in large battles I experienced a lot of stuttering, which makes aiming and firing weapons feel awkward, delayed and spongy.

2. Hardware isn't used with full potential. My graphics card is sitting at 70% load and the game still stutters.

3. Textures are muddy. Even when set to maximum quality, these are ugly as fuck.

The biggest problem I have with the game is that I don't feel the weapons. They all feel like I am throwing cotton balls at my enemies. I can't feel my hits register, I can't feel the kills. There is no impact. The weapon sounds have no power. When you played BF3 before you will know what I am talking about.

  TeknoBug

Novice Member

Joined: 10/13/07
Posts: 2166

10/28/12 11:07:37 AM#57

Keep in mind beta runs low quality textures.


  PieRad

Apprentice Member

Joined: 11/14/08
Posts: 1169

 
OP  11/16/12 6:55:04 AM#58
Originally posted by Edelbert

Game is far from amazing. It is good, but still needs a lot of work.

There's a few things I didn't like:

1. Micro-Stuttering: While participating in large battles I experienced a lot of stuttering, which makes aiming and firing weapons feel awkward, delayed and spongy.

2. Hardware isn't used with full potential. My graphics card is sitting at 70% load and the game still stutters.

3. Textures are muddy. Even when set to maximum quality, these are ugly as fuck.

The biggest problem I have with the game is that I don't feel the weapons. They all feel like I am throwing cotton balls at my enemies. I can't feel my hits register, I can't feel the kills. There is no impact. The weapon sounds have no power. When you played BF3 before you will know what I am talking about.

When I first got in, I had no problems with stuttering, but as more and more people got in, it became an issue for me as well.

I think (no source).. That it was intended for testing purposes, you know, testing how much the servers could handle and for optimization.

Issue is gone.

 

Your second point, I can't answer that.

 

They usually lock the gfx settings in alphas and betas.

 

And please don't talk about BF3 as a good game, If you played BF2 you'd know what I'm talking about. :P

 

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search