Trending Games | Marvel Heroes | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,147 Users Online:0
Games:712  Posts:6,173,669
Sony Online Entertainment | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 11/20/12)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

PlanetSide 2 Forum » General Discussion » This game is amazing.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
58 posts found
  Crashsplash

Novice Member

10/05/12 2:04:58 PM#21
Originally posted by marganculos

guys i never played PS1, now im playing GW2 and im bit bored, i remember years ago i played Global Agenda as Medic and i LOVED IT, i want to know if in PS2 i can play as dedicated support-only-medic because i love to play pure support more than anything else (maybe thats why im bored in GW2 because there is not "pure" support class/role).

edit: i would also like to know how good/bad is playing from Europe on USA servers, you know im talking about ping, MMORPG im usually playing on USA servers so 150~250ms is not problem but this is "MMOFPS" so im not quite sure if it will be playable from Europe on USA servers >.<

Well, there are medic roles and engineer roles ..... each get a gun but I suppose you don't have to fire it :P altho your team-mates may prefer you to shoot at that bloke who is just flanking them :)

I wouldn't think playing on east coast US would be a problem. I played PS1 on both european, US East for years without an issue. I usually got 105-120 ping. Even playing on US west wasn't bad with 180-210 ping.

fadis

Novice Member

10/06/12 2:07:16 AM#22
Originally posted by chryses
My experience with these type of games is that they are freaking awesome for about 1-2 months tops then you realise a FPS on the PS3 is a lot more slicker.  I am really interested in hearing about your thoughts of the longevity of the game itself.  Its a game I know I will love but I have rarely stuck it out with this genre. 

I think a lot of people will try it...

I think the game will get a lot of positive buzz on launch.

I think most will find the small-scale combat to be better than any other F2P titles and just a notch below BF/COD.  Some won't enjoy or grasp the larger scale and persistence of the game... those won't stick around long.

I think the game will do surprising well in Europe/Asia.  Similarly to PS1, I think you will see a core of players that play the game for extended periods of time.  I think that core will be larger than PS1 by a decent amount.

I wouldn't expect a mega-hit, but PS2 is going to end up a well-received game. 

spookydom

Apprentice Member

I'm a lvl 50 Batman!

10/06/12 11:29:32 PM#23
Just got my key in the e-post. Been playing for almost 2 hours. This is the shizzle! Also, can anybody get me a bedpan please? ;)

biogerm

Apprentice Member

10/08/12 7:40:01 PM#24

been playing for 3 days now and having a blast.

with all the good 2 are just about here (gw,torchlight,borderlands and ps) i even boguht the 40$ pack. 

this game is very much a fresh of air for those of us who lik mass pvp.

i played sp1 for about 2 months, and did like it, but couldnt jusify paying 15$ for it.

i think they made the right call with the f2p here.

also so far the cs does not seem to be p2w, but its still soe so we will wait and see.

anyhow, if they priced the alpha pack at 40$, for me, that is the price for the game, much like GA and TRibes did. pay 30-40 $ and get some cash and cool items.

is this game worth 40$?> hell yeah.

do you need 40$ to play it? hell no.

I 3930k -- Rampage IV Extreme -- G.skill RipjawsZ 32 GB -- Corsair Force Series 3 120gb -- G.skill Phoenix Pro 60gb -- WD 1 TB Black -- Corsair H 100 -- Thermaltake Level 10 Gt Snow Edition -- Corsair AX1200 -- Asus 560 Ti Sli -- Microsoft Sidewinder X4 -- Logitech G5 -- DELL UltraSharp 2007FP -- Samsung Syncmaster Sa700 -- Logitech Z2300 -- Logitech G35 -- Logitech G600 White -- coming soon : Dell U2711.

Comaf

Hard Core Member

I want an mmorpg where pvp matters, my enemies are not my race or class, and community matters.

10/08/12 7:53:31 PM#25
Originally posted by Squal'Zell
Originally posted by PieRad
Originally posted by Squal'Zell

I'll put up with small annoyances (<- not sure that's a word) and changes, as long as the awesome experiences outweigh the bad ones.. :)

And I hope for the PS1 vets that they implement some of the stuff you guys are asking for, I never played it myself, but I can see it from your side as well, but for those that are saying it's a fail already, screw you guys :P I like it.

SOE doesn't do "small annoyances"... 

SOE does  "blatant insults to their playerbase"

They haven't insulted me, until then...

just curious, no bait no flame

what SOE games have you played for an extended period of time (1.5 years or more)

They ruined SWG - but everyone agrees on that one.

It was Vanguard, Saga of Heroes, that did it in for me.  Even now, it's still barely coughing along with 2 pve servers.  Begging these folks to have  1 pvp offering but even with free 2 play - Sony still can't pull it off.  Just mind boggling naivety.

TeknoBug

Novice Member

10/11/12 8:40:08 AM#26

it's been a while since I last visited it, since they slaughtered CoD after CoD 4, and slaughtered battlefield after battlefield 2.

Man I feel exactly the same way, CoD blows after CoD4, and Battlefield 3 is just... terrible, I WANTED to like it but it got worse then again I'm thinking that's EA pulling DICE's strings like they do with other subcompanies they work with.

For me, I can't really get into Planetside 2, there's something about it that puts me off, maybe it's being FAR too twitchy for an MMOFPS game, Planetside 1 wasn't very twitchy but still required you to think whereas in Planetside 2, you move fast and shoot infinitely until the target dies and base capturing isn't necessary- it's just going to turn into another fragfest deathmatch where people ignore the objective just like in CoD and BF objective based matches.

Lobotomist

Hard Core Member

I got so much trouble on my mind Refuse to lose.

10/11/12 8:46:21 AM#27

The game starts heavy loading when i move rapidly into new zone. Than crushes - EVERY TIME

Unplayable for me

Betaguy

Elite Member

Some folks are like Slinkies, totally useless but great fun to watch when pushed down stairs

10/11/12 1:18:29 PM#28
I am enjoying the game at the moment, but.... dun dun dun dun.... I see what it will be after a month or two of solid play. I can already see the repetative gameplay and know I could only play this for a month or so unless they add more content.... Like I said though, having a blast for now.... see you on the battlefield ;}

KatlaOdindottir

Novice Member

10/11/12 1:32:38 PM#29
Too repetetive, they need to add a lot more before launch. Adding new maps woo, more hexagons to take it's just more of the same will be keeping an eye on it though and remain hopeful as I did have fun the first few days.

www.daneslaw.com

@GamerKurisu

Awaiting Darkfall Unholy Wars

GolbezTheLion

Advanced Member

10/11/12 1:43:09 PM#30

It has very little in common with Planetside 1, and is essentially CoD or MoH on a massive scale.

One big game of team deathmatch amongst three teams. Sorely disappointing to say the least.

ruceccu1

Novice Member

10/15/12 12:54:13 AM#31
Originally posted by GolbezTheLion

It has very little in common with Planetside 1, and is essentially CoD or MoH on a massive scale.

One big game of team deathmatch amongst three teams. Sorely disappointing to say the least.

It is in closed beta. Should prolly give them a bit more time before you get too "sore".

Crashsplash

Novice Member

10/15/12 4:21:41 AM#32
Originally posted by ruceccu1
Originally posted by GolbezTheLion

It is in closed beta. Should prolly give them a bit more time before you get too "sore".

Actually it's open beta, but the rest of your sentence holds true. Many changes are being made and the game has improved a lot since tech test.

I'd point you to the introduction of the AMS which has completely changed the'flow' of the battle and create battlefront. We've also been agitating on the metagame and we seem to be getting progress on that. We're also talking about the base layouts and howe those impact on gameplay, particularly infantry combat.

So changes are happening and it's moving in the right direction.

I'd also direct you to a few statements from Smed. Several months ago he said the it played like BF3MMO 'and that's not the game we want to make'! Also there is a recent interview with RPS (I think) where he clearly is looking at the sandbox and emergent gameplay of Eve as an inspiration. If there ever was a game that could move in that direction I think it would be Planetside as it was already a player-driven game, at least more that most. In Planetside the 'players were the content' and will be down the line too.

ZigZags

Novice Member

10/16/12 4:33:07 AM#33

OP must be a SOE employee....this game is not good. I beta tested it as well and it literally has no hook on me whatsoever. Since I am THE authority on games, I have delcared this game a loser. So sayeth the ZigZags.

Now: Skyrim
Later: ?
Played: M59, UO, EQ, Runescape, DAOC, SB, EQ2, WoW, EVE, Darkfall, AoC, FFXI, FFXIV, WAR, SWTOR
BOYCOTTING: EA/BioWare/Origin/SOE

Tilo

Novice Member

10/19/12 6:23:26 PM#34

I loved PS1 and yes the Gundam robot too! =P Sad it's not in PS2 also.

Got into PS2 today, have not played much, but it seem a little like the first one. I'm a bit lost when it comes to the map and where to run to get stuff etc. Forgot some parts from PS1. Full of action all over the place, signs all over the screen, bullets over my head........wtf where do I go?!?!? ....thats me ing right now.

And there is no 3th person view for the infantry.... =(

I also find the game a bit messy, the aim control is wierd... and I'm having a real hard time to see the enemy. I think it's a lot of lag or bugs. Then again, it's in Beta. =)

TeknoBug

Novice Member

10/21/12 9:50:51 AM#35

To a certain extent, yes amazing, but it's too close to a generic FPS shooter than PS1 was. I close/open beta tested PS1 and I thought THAT game was super amazing and that was back in 2003. I don't have that same amazed feeling with PS2 however, but it's still a pretty good game.

Yes PS2 is too much like a CoD or MoH or BF type game, PS1 was its own type of FPS game, I don't know why SOE went this way. The game is set to release a month from now, however it isn't ready yet but they have 4 weeks to get down to it.

I wonder if they'll take off the sub for PS1, I'd go back to that if they change it to F2P.

Icewhite

Made History

Pink, it's like red but not quite.

10/21/12 9:53:15 AM#36

If you got nothing else out of this thread at least you got to see attractive women in bikinis.

At revoltingly low resolution (boo hiss)

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

s1fu71

Novice Member

10/22/12 10:29:20 AM#37

Very fun game. I've tried to dabble in a little bit of everything to see what I like the most.

I was most horrible at trying to fly. Perhaps it was my setting, but the single fighter felt so very slow in it's maneuvering. But, still fun.

Of the classes, I enjoyed the infiltrator the most. But, I'm horrible at it. At first, I could not take anyone out with less than 4 shots. And it seemed like I'd get taken out with 1 or 2 shots at the most.

At times, it felt like I could take people out faster with an open sight rifle (like from the light armor infantry or heavy armor.)

I'm not sure why. If I could get to higher ground and shoot down on the enemy, the light armor or heavy armor infantry seemed to actually work a little better.

So, I decided to watch a couple youtube videos about sniping. It was unbelievable. Each video had the player running and barely aiming, yet he was pulling off amazing headshots. I'm no where near that good.

Since the video, I've tried to be more patient and really try for the headshots, and I've had better success, but only slightly. Well over half the of the guys I shoot take 3 to 4 shots, with the occaisional 1 or 2 shots. Maybe it's just practice?

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

Crashsplash

Novice Member

10/22/12 2:01:25 PM#38
Originally posted by s1fu71

Very fun game. I've tried to dabble in a little bit of everything to see what I like the most.

I was most horrible at trying to fly. Perhaps it was my setting, but the single fighter felt so very slow in it's maneuvering. But, still fun.

Of the classes, I enjoyed the infiltrator the most. But, I'm horrible at it. At first, I could not take anyone out with less than 4 shots. And it seemed like I'd get taken out with 1 or 2 shots at the most.

At times, it felt like I could take people out faster with an open sight rifle (like from the light armor infantry or heavy armor.)

I'm not sure why. If I could get to higher ground and shoot down on the enemy, the light armor or heavy armor infantry seemed to actually work a little better.

So, I decided to watch a couple youtube videos about sniping. It was unbelievable. Each video had the player running and barely aiming, yet he was pulling off amazing headshots. I'm no where near that good.

Since the video, I've tried to be more patient and really try for the headshots, and I've had better success, but only slightly. Well over half the of the guys I shoot take 3 to 4 shots, with the occaisional 1 or 2 shots. Maybe it's just practice?

Headshots?

s1fu71

Novice Member

10/22/12 2:55:21 PM#39

Yes, headshots.

The 2 videos I watched, mentioned to try for these. Supposedly, you can do more damage. I didn't know that the game worked that way. I thought it was just a flat damage rate if you hit your opponent. I even asked my question in game. Several people said that headshots do more damage.

Last night, I killed my first opponent around medium range. He was standing still and I was able to put the cross hair directly on the back of his helmet. It killed him in one shot. (I've only done this twice.)

After he dropped, a little box appeared at the top of  my screen that said, "headshot" in block letters.

So, apparently, it's possible. I just suck at it. Need more practice, I guess.

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

Crashsplash

Novice Member

10/22/12 2:57:30 PM#40
Tanks too have locational damage...... toughest at the front and weakest at the rear.
3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search