Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Firefall | H1Z1 | ArcheAge

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,852,086 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,710
Sony Online Entertainment | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 11/20/12)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

PlanetSide 2 Forum » General Discussion » What would you change about Planetside 2?

12 posts found
  lmcd

Apprentice Member

Joined: 9/27/12
Posts: 2

 
OP  9/27/12 6:58:26 AM#1

Hey folks!

I'm a massive planetside 2 fan and have been really enjoying the Beta. But there are always little things these games could do better or new things that players want to see introduced.

I've made a short video about 6 things I would fix or introduce to the game. I think having a strong community is essential so I wanted to share it with you guys and maybe get a discussion going about what we would change?

All the best,

Gandeh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dSrB6giObE

  bcbully

Elite Member

Joined: 3/03/12
Posts: 7200

9/27/12 7:01:14 AM#2

Spawn control units. Taking them out of towers and outpost is a iffy move. Sometimes it makes sense sometimes it makes no sense at all.

 

edit- Oh, sunnderers are better than galaxys now ;) need to put them back in their place.

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

  Sybnal

Elite Member

Joined: 2/16/04
Posts: 260

9/27/12 7:20:28 AM#3
I'd change the fact that it crashes instantly on startup.  That would be a step in the right direction imo.
  Phry

Elite Member

Joined: 7/01/04
Posts: 5224

9/27/12 7:31:47 AM#4

take away the classes, and use the original skills setup that was in planetside 1, its far superior and allows for a greater degree of flexibility.  i'd also make the bases less 'open plan' and keep to the original basis, Planetside 1 was in desperate need of a graphical update. Though i am more than happy to not see BFR's etc, ever make an appearance in game.

to be honest, i see a lot of things in Planetside 2 that i don't think are really all that well thought out, its not just the introduction of classes in a game that seriously did not need them, its the abilities themselves, cloaking is now a temporary thing that lasts just a few seconds, it eliminates the stealth part of the game almost entirely. Even MAX's i just don't understand what they are doing, they needed to fix Planetside 1, thats true, but thats because they had broke it themselves in the first place, Planetside 2 just seems to be following on from some of the dafter ideas they dumped on Planetside 1 that made the game unpopular. 

  Centhan

Apprentice Member

Joined: 2/17/04
Posts: 485

9/27/12 7:40:07 AM#5
Originally posted by Phry

take away the classes, and use the original skills setup that was in planetside 1, its far superior and allows for a greater degree of flexibility.  i'd also make the bases less 'open plan' and keep to the original basis, Planetside 1 was in desperate need of a graphical update. Though i am more than happy to not see BFR's etc, ever make an appearance in game.

to be honest, i see a lot of things in Planetside 2 that i don't think are really all that well thought out, its not just the introduction of classes in a game that seriously did not need them, its the abilities themselves, cloaking is now a temporary thing that lasts just a few seconds, it eliminates the stealth part of the game almost entirely. Even MAX's i just don't understand what they are doing, they needed to fix Planetside 1, thats true, but thats because they had broke it themselves in the first place, Planetside 2 just seems to be following on from some of the dafter ideas they dumped on Planetside 1 that made the game unpopular. 

Agree.  When I first heard about classes in PS2, the first question that went into my head was...why?

I thought the skill system was nearly perfect in PS1.  All they needed to do was give PS1 the engine of PS2 (which looks very good by the way), then make a few tweaks across the board here and there.

My initial impression of PS2 is that they are trying too much to ride the coat tails of the Battlefield and CoD series.  I hope it turns out right for them.

  Beanpuie

Hard Core Member

Joined: 6/15/07
Posts: 807

9/27/12 10:40:00 PM#6

3 things

 

Doors, solid doors not forcefields, 

bring back hacking (ya i know its coming back)  

more Logistical duties  ( a vehicle that focuses on carrying resources to and from base to base)

  ignore_me

Apprentice Member

Joined: 7/04/11
Posts: 2034

9/27/12 11:13:42 PM#7
Originally posted by Beanpuie

3 things

 

Doors, solid doors not forcefields, 

bring back hacking (ya i know its coming back)  

more Logistical duties  ( a vehicle that focuses on carrying resources to and from base to base)

I agree with what this person said.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

  william0532

Novice Member

Joined: 7/16/11
Posts: 240

9/27/12 11:44:10 PM#8
Originally posted by Beanpuie

3 things

 

Doors, solid doors not forcefields, 

bring back hacking (ya i know its coming back)  

more Logistical duties  ( a vehicle that focuses on carrying resources to and from base to base)

You will have more logistical duties on the player owned continents(mining and what not) where you build your guildhalls.

 

I don't dig the forcefields either.

 

I'm not sure about hacking yet, it seems more fun standing there and being able to shoot back, but its also fun to run in on someone hacking and shoot them while they are defenseless. I could honestly go either way on this one.

 

What I would change about planetside 2, is artillery(I'd like it) and perhaps the whole guild continent thing they want to do, I think it would be better as a space thing(guild spacestations), for the life of me, I just can't picture blank continents with resources on it for guilds to build housing on(I just get images of SWG ghost towns in my head)

  aRtFuLThinG

Advanced Member

Joined: 4/30/09
Posts: 1012

9/28/12 12:08:30 AM#9
Originally posted by Centhan

Agree.  When I first heard about classes in PS2, the first question that went into my head was...why?

I thought the skill system was nearly perfect in PS1.  All they needed to do was give PS1 the engine of PS2 (which looks very good by the way), then make a few tweaks across the board here and there.

My initial impression of PS2 is that they are trying too much to ride the coat tails of the Battlefield and CoD series.  I hope it turns out right for them.

I don't know what the hell is SOE's obsession with classes.

In every game they do they really like messing with their nice skill point system and just go ahead introduce the mundane class system.

 

They did that for SWG, and now they do it with PS2 a well.

  DavisFlight

Elite Member

Joined: 9/25/12
Posts: 2525

9/28/12 12:28:37 AM#10
Proper flight controls, with joystick support.
  Incomparable

Hard Core Member

Joined: 3/11/11
Posts: 758

9/28/12 11:41:21 AM#11

As an FPS'er I would say creating different scenarios that emulate other FPSes of close combat encounters, and also include gernades, flash bangs and smoke gernades.

The close combat mechanics in FPSes have a lot do with spawn locations and racing to specific choke points, and thats what planet side 2 needs to try recapture more when compared to open space which is for vehicles and air crafts. It needs to have areas which feel specific in design like different maps in an FPS game (such as CS Source) that offer different choke pionts from the spawn locations to certain forts offering different indoor vantages. There are choke points, but the way it works in games like CS Source for example is that you rush to a choke point and either rush in offensively, or hold that point defensively, and there are only a few points to get in with, and makes the game different than having a space that is too open.

I feel that PS2 is a bit too open, and needs some actual narrow passages and architecture that offers different gameplay that differs from open spaces like in BF2 or Day of Defeat for example. 

 

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

  SysFail

Apprentice Member

Joined: 7/01/05
Posts: 377

9/28/12 5:23:31 PM#12
The stupid unavoidable shit like blinds and the horrid grenade that makes your char competely helpless, why do they think we want crap like this, its game breaking!