Trending Games | Pirate101 | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,726 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,268,428
X-Legend | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 06/16/11)  | Pub:Aeria Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Eden Eternal Forum » General Discussion » Stay away from this game

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
63 posts found
  hybridchic

Novice Member

"I love to do things the censors won't pass"

11/06/11 2:06:39 PM#41
Originally posted by Prosti

I hope these guys pull there heads out of their @$$ and start changing what they are doing. Because they are going to really be in a world of hurt if they manage to keep up what they are doing. Im suprised people still play that game at all. Let alone download anything that the company makes themselves. Thank goodness I wisened up and stayed the hell away from them for good. Lol.

Smart You. I stayed as long as I did in the hopes of an apology. Never happened though. I ended up filing a BBB and FTC complaint. And then a complaint with the state attorney general of pa because they facilitated harassment and encouraged players to stalk other players. oi vey.

Pingmeister

Novice Member

11/06/11 2:09:54 PM#42
Been interesting following this thread. I beta'd this game, liked it but burned out on the grinding. My hope is that once the market saturation of F2Ps tops out we will start to see the better games and games companies shine through.
  farfanugon

Novice Member

blaw blaw blaw

11/06/11 4:00:54 PM#43

Old Old news Brother Aeria Game has always done this , I was 1 of the first to feel the wrath of  Aeria Games "you did to well and spent to little " ban hammer .  when i turned to paying the market on last chaos , Id racked up 48,000 AP worth of Cash shop packs useing only ingame money to buy them off other players , and set a monopoly on ingame resale of AP items.

2 weeks later my account was banned for suspicus trade activity , Id played the game from the first day of CBT , everyone knew what i was doing and how i was doing it ,a few 100 players sent in complains on my behalf and  about a month later my account wa given back all the toons were naked all money and items gone

Aeria Games final word on the matter " You bought or sold a item to a player that had used gold in your transaction that was gained by a 3rd party site , all items and gold will now be removed from this account , in order to insure all ill gained gold is removed from the sytem , in the future be more careful of who you trade with "

I reposted Aeria Games E-mail to there forums for all to read turned out to be a massive flame thread in less than 5 mins , so my then striped account was perm banned . for showing the light .

Maybe its a good idea to look into the company that host your game before you start one. its very very ez to find 1 million post on how crappy Aeria Games conducts buissness

fatless

Novice Member

11/06/11 4:10:38 PM#44

try ea's 

fenistil

Novice Member

11/06/11 4:28:55 PM#45

Well F2P / Freemium game design is "pay and you'll be great or don't pay and you can stay in game but you're peasant who paying users compare to to enlarge their e-peens".

OP was dedicated enough to not pay and aquire many store items - well company then banned him cause obviously they want only paying users be 'succesful' players.

Nlow you have true face of such developers and business models. It is nothing wrong itself, but really it should show those players that are worshipping f2p that there is nothing for free. 

Pay, be a peasant or gtfo - that's basically what Aeria games want.

hybridchic

Novice Member

11/06/11 8:41:13 PM#46
Originally posted by fenistil

Well F2P / Freemium game design is "pay and you'll be great or don't pay and you can stay in game but you're peasant who paying users compare to to enlarge their e-peens".

OP was dedicated enough to not pay and aquire many store items - well company then banned him cause obviously they want only paying users be 'succesful' players.

Nlow you have true face of such developers and business models. It is nothing wrong itself, but really it should show those players that are worshipping f2p that there is nothing for free. 

As much as I hate Aeria Games, and love discussing all the things wrong with the company, I doubt that's how any publisher envisions the free to play model.

Publishers know that if a game is f2p, it has to meet certain standards to rake in customes and retain customers. Banning players for choosing to never spend money on the game isn't a good way to retain customers. The thing is f2p games are usually highly receptible to bots, gold dupers because people that make up this content do not have to pay anybody to get money. So it's very possible that someone that earns all their in game currency by trading/buying/selling high value items could have run into an item that was introduced into the game by a third party source. banning is usually done to safe guard the account from certain suspicious activities. Stripping your account of all that you earned/worked for was probably an overzealous GM at work.

It's not the business model that failed. it was the customer support.

Arthasm

Advanced Member

11/07/11 3:03:43 AM#47

I only see League of Legends as successful F2P game, they deserve every money players willing to spent. Other games are just pay 2 win. Nothing there is free. I've learned on hard way, then sticked to P2P games and I'm happy. For 15$ per month I have everything ingame, have support, I don't worry if my account going to be hacked, they will return everything I lost after hacking. F2P games are just to be avoided. They only want to milk money, they don't care about customers, they only want money. It's not problem, everyone need to be payed for work they done, they deserved, but if I'm gonna spend money and you gonna sell me a product, think twice will I pay if u want to sell me a shit. 

As for Aeria games, it's not their fault to be such a bad company, it's people without brain support them. We can discuss every day/night 24/7 how they really sucks, but they do everything to milk (blind) players. Still, they are doing good bussines, no matter they sucks or not. It's just people being stupid, they don't think what will happend tomorrow, they care about today. Demands are such low. It's only matter that game needs to be F2P, but no one cares about quality, content and everything else that makes a good game. When today happends, they found themselves being stupid, they spent their time/months/years/money and they got - nothing. 

I just wait GW2, I wonder will be there people spending 100-5000$ per month on cash shop or they will buy once and play forever free  (thought I don't count expansion/new content u need to buy later :P).

farfanugon

Novice Member

blaw blaw blaw

11/07/11 12:14:01 PM#48
Originally posted by hybridchic
Originally posted by fenistil

As much as I hate Aeria Games, and love discussing all the things wrong with the company, I doubt that's how any publisher envisions the free to play model.

Publishers know that if a game is f2p, it has to meet certain standards to rake in customes and retain customers. Banning players for choosing to never spend money on the game isn't a good way to retain customers. The thing is f2p games are usually highly receptible to bots, gold dupers because people that make up this content do not have to pay anybody to get money. So it's very possible that someone that earns all their in game currency by trading/buying/selling high value items could have run into an item that was introduced into the game by a third party source. banning is usually done to safe guard the account from certain suspicious activities. Stripping your account of all that you earned/worked for was probably an overzealous GM at work.

It's not the business model that failed. it was the customer support.

Your as wishy washy as dish water dude ,

hybridchic

Novice Member

11/07/11 1:44:36 PM#49
Originally posted by farfanugon

not really. i'm just pointing the person in the right direction. the guys that come up with the business models aren't always the same that delivery on customer service. I'm just helping him target the right entity within age. :P

farfanugon

Novice Member

blaw blaw blaw

11/07/11 1:56:35 PM#50
Originally posted by hybridchic
Originally posted by farfanugon

not really. i'm just pointing the person in the right direction. the guys that come up with the business models aren't always the same that delivery on customer service. I'm just helping him target the right entity within age. :P

But his observation was almost spot on .

Its been Aeria Busniness practice for quite some time to remove from the game free players that are out ranking the bulk of the paid players, if it can all be had for free the business end of the game fails. so Aeria discredits the free play by alledging mis behavior and issuing a ban .

Now it looks to the paying chumps in the F2P game that "See im still Ubber Cuz so and so cheated" free players removed from the ranking board , pay player returns to the top of the list , everyones happy but 1 sad gamer. If in business you can make everyone happy but 1 person that isnt spending money anyhow , you have done a good thing.

There are plenty of ways to get to the same goal without ban hammering away at the free players, But all other ways involve work. Aeria Games will not WORK for anything . they take the EZest path the can find to reach there goal . which is why they have the reputation they have now in the gaming world. And there games grow old and stale long befor there times.

Prosti

Novice Member

I feel so close to you right now.. It's like a force field.

11/07/11 4:08:24 PM#51

In all honesty. I hate what they have done to people and how much bullsh** they have managed to put people through. Somehow, I feel really glad. Because now companies can learn from what people have said and stories that have been shared amongst people and learn not to become an Aeria. And hopefully people will start to steer clear of this company that has managed to do nothing but make peoples lives hell because you managed to do exactly what people should be doing in a F2P. Which is become as good as you can or want to be without paying a damn dime.

I say good for you to fight back against Aeria. F*** them, they don't deserve our money and I honestly hope they get shut down.

nak08

Novice Member

11/17/11 4:59:46 PM#52

I saw this game. It looked interesting....until I saw it was published by Aeria Games. I played Shaiya. I played for a total of three days. I never even made it past level 10. But I logged in on the third day and I was banned. I sent a ticket asking why my account was banned, they replied that I was a gold farmer. LMAO, I didn't hardly know anything about the game other than how to shoot my archer's arrow and I am a farmer? Nice. Thanks for confirming what I thought was the truth. Random bans for no reasons. I will do just that...since my account is banned anyway. It wasn't perma banned, but why bother fighting when I could get banned again for the same reason?

I'll Just wait for Eligium to come out...

Reizla

Elite Member

MMORPGs are no longer about the mass multi-user anymore *sadly*

11/17/11 5:06:33 PM#53
Originally posted by Rednecksith

I'd normally be a little more skeptical, but I'm well aware of the reputation Aeria has built for itself insofar as customer service is concerned, so I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt here. Anyway...

Don't start me about Aeria CS... I had an old account there from the time I played Shaya in beta (4 or 5 years ago). Got some of that CS currentcy for playing through that beta at the time (around 3200), and never looked at Aeria games ever since.

Wanted to pick up Eden Eternal about 2 months ago (more out of curiosity than to play 'hardcore' like OP did), only to find out that my account was locked for some odd reason. I could logon to the web-account system, but I couldn't play any game or see the status of that 3200 gold I had there (as wel as any other account related action), so I wrote a petition...

They wanted some info from me. Like the last 4 digits of the creditcard I bought that gold with, the IP address of when I created the acount and more of this silly stuff. I was like WTF? You're kidding right? The gold was free and asked to remember an IP address I used 4-5 years ago to create an account (and all that other silly stuff).

Well, they were serious, and it took over 2 weeks to get my account unlocked again. By that time I already moved on (backk actually) to Lineage II...

Demigoth's RPG adventures ~ My blog

AsRock 990FX Extreme3
AMD Phenom II 1090T ~3.2Ghz
GEiL 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
GTX660 (ASUS/EVGA) 3x HD monitor spanned 5760x1080
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion

Dragonantis

Novice Member

11/17/11 5:23:25 PM#54

Nice thread, sorry that you were another victim of Aeria Games stupidity.

Yet another reason to avoid this company and its games.

Weretigar

Novice Member

If you watch a game, it’s fun. If you play it, it’s recreation. If you work at it, it’s FF-XIV.

1/07/12 1:56:46 PM#55

Bump

*New thing they are starting to do is let well known gold sellers sell items way underpriced in the middle of Aven, then turn around and ban the people for buying their items. Saying that said person was buying gold. Their TOS says they don't need proof to ban anyone for anything.  I think it's kinda wierd that they are not upping the security on the game but using it as an excuse to make all the cash shop items Non-Tradable. I've also been hearing that people that have bought underpriced items have had GM's and GS's actually log into their account taking the items that they have wanted to sell to get gold back from goldseller? This is the first company that i have seen like this myself. However people kinda bring it on themselves when they mess with Korean games(you know they hate US) Here is a proof pic btw.

Have you ever known someone whose account was hacked with their gold or items
stolen? Often times the item you are purchasing is coming from their stolen
account. Buying their items also encourages these gold sellers to spam the
community, which disrupts everyone's gameplay.
We have evidence of your character buying items within the game. If we are not
able to retrieve all the items purchased by this account, we will be forced to
remove items in place of the items. Your ban will expire after 1/2/12 PST.
Please keep in mind that repeated offenses may result in a permanent ban.
Thank you for understanding,Team Eden Eternal

-- 
Earn more with your purchase. Find out how here:
http://www.aeriagames.com/news/16665/get-extra-aeria-points-with-every-purchase?lang=en

Expand your empire.  RPG meets RTS – Our newest browser game, Golden Age!http://goldenage.aeriagames.com/

Aeria Games will Never Ask for your Password. Please do not ever give it out.

To respond to this ticket, simply hit reply (you do not need to use the web form to make a new ticket)

Also This is the post from their forums that were never anounced in-game so the people that were buying these items at first just thought they were getting a good deal.

Hello everyone! 

As you know, fraud has been such a severe problem that our team was forced to remove Eden Crystals from the Item Mall as an extreme anti-fraud measure. This has been very helpful, but as predicted the frauders have moved on to other items. 

After reviewing your suggestions in the other Forum thread and via our RT system, we agree that using NT versions of items is worth a try-- and we do recognize that it's annoying that they can't be traded, but it's a better solution than removing items completely. 

We are currently testing a new NT Eden Crystal on our test server, which we will deploy to live as soon as we can. Additionally, we will use NT items to help fight the fraud for now: 

* Safety Stone (NT) is available exclusively in the Item Malls now 
* Auric and Iris Jewel (NT) are available exclusively in the Item Malls now 

Two other items that needed to be addressed were 5-slot Packs and Memory Tomes, which do not have NT versions. These were removed from the Item Mall, and have been placed in the Crystal Altar Table as a temporary solution. 

Please consider all of these actions to be temporary solutions until further notice, and please continue to give us your feedback. 

...and remember: If you don't buy gold and items from the gold spammers, they don't make money, and they will GO AWAY. Please do NOT buy gold or items from the gold spammers, as you will be BANNED.

SuprGamerX

Apprentice Member

1/07/12 2:05:33 PM#56

Heh , what were you expecting exactly off a "F2P" MMO?  Of course they'll get on players back who do well without using the cash shop , it surrounds all F2P.  Even I got banned off a few F2P by owning those putting thousands and those cry babies couldn't accept the fact that they can be owned by a non cash shopper. The reason why I bash any F2P out there with pride , the F2P Devs only concern is to make the ones that put money in cash shops happy and screw those that don't buy anything in the long run.

F2P is bullcrap , I don't know why people play them.  As a famous Rage Quitter would say : "Freaking ball-in-a-cup is more fun then this piece of sh.."

Justsomenoob

Novice Member

1/11/12 8:23:41 PM#57

I was playing an mmo from Aeria Games when men in assault gear with Aeria logos on their uniforms kicked the door in.

They yelled "What the hell are you doing?" and shot me in the face and I died.

So stay away from Aeria games.

BethelsBoy

Novice Member

"What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion."

1/13/12 11:56:50 AM#58
Originally posted by Tingtong1

Stay away from this company and it's game. 

I played this game hardcore for 1.5months only to get innocently banned 5 times!!!! yes 5 TIMES! 

I was the GM of the #2 Ranked guild on Emerald  with 175 members called "Elysium"

You can read the whole story on my blog since it contains over 70 screenshots of how I played, and even a Youtube video of their GM's manipulating forums filters to discredit a post I was trying to make on the forums to make me look bad. YES REALLY!!

http://aeriagamestruth.blogspot.com/

There are bots everywhere, and all their GM's are focused on banning players who legitly buy cash shop items from players with gold. 

Their idealogy is to ban any F2P player who does well in their game without purchasing cash shop items.

If you have any questions i'll be happy to anwer, but STAY AWAY from this company and this game. or DON'T and find out yourself!

You're a joke

Arthasm

Advanced Member

1/13/12 12:13:41 PM#59
Originally posted by maverick1127
Originally posted by Tingtong1

Stay away from this company and it's game. 

I played this game hardcore for 1.5months only to get innocently banned 5 times!!!! yes 5 TIMES! 

I was the GM of the #2 Ranked guild on Emerald  with 175 members called "Elysium"

You can read the whole story on my blog since it contains over 70 screenshots of how I played, and even a Youtube video of their GM's manipulating forums filters to discredit a post I was trying to make on the forums to make me look bad. YES REALLY!!

http://aeriagamestruth.blogspot.com/

There are bots everywhere, and all their GM's are focused on banning players who legitly buy cash shop items from players with gold. 

Their idealogy is to ban any F2P player who does well in their game without purchasing cash shop items.

If you have any questions i'll be happy to anwer, but STAY AWAY from this company and this game. or DON'T and find out yourself!

You're a joke

You're probably blind tard.

vgp1983

Apprentice Member

1/23/12 2:37:53 PM#60

This game really deserves more. Just try it.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search