Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,848 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,774
Reverie World Studios | Official Site
MMORTS | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/06/11)  | Pub:Reverie World Studios
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$14.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Dawn of Fantasy Forum » General Discussion » B2P is a good thing for this game

16 posts found
  Vesavius

Old School

Players come for the game, but they stay for the people- Most Devs have forgotten this.

OP  5/18/11 3:19:13 PM#1

The fact that this game will be a one off payment, in order to keep the kids/ trolls out, is a big seller to me. Unless it launches in a mess, which I am thinking it won't tbh, I wil be picking it up. As long as they havent lied about it being a pay to win game I am cool with the shop in it in this case- it's not a mmorpg in my eyes so different rules apply for me.

"You only pay once - when you purchase the game. There is no monthly payments. There is micro-transactions shop - but this is NOT a pay-to-win game:D"

WhiteLantern

Novice Member

5/18/11 3:27:34 PM#2

Hmmm, the title makes no sense because in your post you quote that there is, in fact, a cash (micro-transaction) shop.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

User Deleted
5/18/11 3:34:20 PM#3

I don't like B2P MMOGs.

Give me a good P2P game or a flexable westren F2P (EQIIX LOTRO).

mithoss

Novice Member

5/18/11 3:35:22 PM#4

*chuckle* i played the game in cb *chuckle* you will be, lets say, surprised at the quality of the game.

mithoss

Novice Member

5/18/11 3:37:06 PM#5
Originally posted by Snaylor47

I don't like B2P MMOGs.

Give me a good P2P game or a flexable westren F2P (EQIIX LOTRO).

better cut that lotro, dont misunderstand, lotro WAS a great game, now you have to pay for the most outragous things like acc bank and more than 2 char slots

Vesavius

Old School

Players come for the game, but they stay for the people- Most Devs have forgotten this.

OP  5/19/11 4:38:24 AM#6
Originally posted by mithoss

*chuckle* i played the game in cb *chuckle* you will be, lets say, surprised at the quality of the game.

So did I, I don't see where the 'suprise' is coming from.

I entirely grasp the concept and purpose of beta.

Seems others don't *chuckle*

Vesavius

Old School

OP  5/19/11 4:39:24 AM#7
Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Hmmm, the title makes no sense because in your post you quote that there is, in fact, a cash (micro-transaction) shop.

ahh sorry lol, you are right, typo, edited to correct :)

Getalife

Novice Member

5/19/11 4:45:40 AM#8
Originally posted by vesavius

The fact that this game will be a one off payment, in order to keep the kids out, is a big seller to me. Unless it launches in a mess, which I am thinking it won't tbh, I wil be picking it up. As long as they havent lied about it being a pay to win game I am cool with the shop in it, it's not a mmorpg in my eyes so different rules apply.

"You only pay once - when you purchase the game. There is no monthly payments. There is micro-transactions shop - but this is NOT a pay-to-win game:D"

Ehh what? also if you don't want kids in your game stop playing video games? even today it is still a bit awkward to see a 30 or 40 year old playing video games but can't be said the same about the kids.

Vesavius

Old School

OP  5/19/11 5:02:17 AM#9
Originally posted by Getalife

The fact that this game will be a one off payment, in order to keep the kids out, is a big seller to me. Unless it launches in a mess, which I am thinking it won't tbh, I wil be picking it up. As long as they havent lied about it being a pay to win game I am cool with the shop in it, it's not a mmorpg in my eyes so different rules apply.

Ehh what? also if you don't want kids in your game stop playing video games? even today it is still a bit awkward to see a 30 or 40 year old playing video games but can't be said the same about the kids.

I am obviously talking about the extremely young and/ or trollish demographic that haunts the F2P games because there is no cost of entry, but I think you know that.

Also, the average gamer age these days is around 32, so the fact that you find it 'awkward' is obviously just your personal issue.

MumboJumbo

Advanced Member

Veni, Vidi, Converti

5/19/11 5:11:29 AM#10

Will keep my eyes on this one, thanks for the info op, did not know it was B2P.

OkhamsRazor

Novice Member

5/19/11 5:15:47 AM#11

I am obviously talking about the extremely young and/ or trollish demographic that haunts the F2P games because there is no cost of entry, but I think you know that.

Also, the average gamer age these days is 32, so the fact that you find it 'awkard' is obviously just your personal issue.

I've tried many free to play games and still play Lord of the Rings and DDO I've certainly found no young and trollish people in Lotro although there were a few in DDO at the start but that quickly died down . All in all I've found theres just as many people with bad attitudes in pay to play games as free to play ones and when it comes to World of Warcraft a far higher percentage of its players seam to have an attitude problem . I'm not sure what the average age of a gamer is these days but I would think your placeing it a little high .

That aside I think buy to play would be a good thing for many mmos that incuding this one . In fact several people were making the same arguement about DC Universe Online in another thread .

Getalife

Novice Member

5/19/11 5:31:57 AM#12

Also, the average gamer age these days is around 32, so the fact that you find it 'awkward' is obviously just your personal issue.

No what i find awkward is to play a video game and not expect to see any kids.

Vesavius

Old School

OP  5/19/11 5:48:17 AM#13

No what i find awkward is to play a video game and not expect to see any kids.

Thats obviously not what you said, but whatever.

This thread is about DoF being B2P, not your need for an argument. Please stop trying to derail.

Ichmen

Advanced Member

hatred enriches.life is a prison, death a release.

8/14/11 2:53:20 AM#14

Q: When will Dawn of Fantasy be released?
A:
 Dawn of Fantasy will be released on September 6, 2011 for North America and September 9, 2011 for Europe.

Q: How will Dawn of Fantasy be distributed?
A:
 Dawn of Fantasy will be available at most major gaming retail stores. It will also likely be available via digital download.

Q: How much will Dawn of Fantasy cost?
A:
 No specifics have been released, but the price will be comparable to that of other current PC RTS titles.

Q: Will there be a monthly fee?
A:
 Nope. After the initial purchase, you can play Dawn of Fantasy online free of charge without having to pay a monthly subscription fee.

Q: How will post-release DLC (downloadable content) work?
A:
 DLC will be available via our site and Reverie Online, and will allow players to purchase additional content in the form of expansions, quest packs, and new units and items in exchange for a small fee or in-game Influence points.

going by this, im going to assume its price will be 20-40bucks USD like most games are (i cant see this game being 60++)

i dislike the DLC statement though, i dont really agree with DLC being priced. as most of it is really pointless and worthless garbage that should be put in an expansion pack(or later does become so). but game seems interesting.. kind of a 24/7 Stronghold game which is rare as most games are going CoD routes X_X or just out right suck

CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 2.8GHz
Evga GeForce 670 FTW
Evga P55 SLI

<

summitus

Novice Member

9/30/11 2:33:53 PM#15

Wtf ?? I'm 54 and have been playing Video games since they were invented , early 70's I believe ... so yeah the fact you find 30 - 40 year olds playing  Video games awkward is a little strange are you ageist ? 

furidiam

Novice Member

What happened to fun and innovative mmo's?

9/30/11 2:47:05 PM#16

This game is very very MMO lite. Main portion is that your online game is persistent but your player interaction is mostly chat based. Last I checked release was the 26th or so of this month and it was going for $29.99. This game is unique but still needs quite a bit for it to be called MMO in my opinion. Mainly due to your player interaction being pvp which is done with a click of a button and atm is only 1 on 1. You also do not see other players in the world.

One thing I would warn about is that the game does have potential, but it also has potential to be PTW in the pvp aspect depending on what is released in the shop. It was also VERY buggy towards the end of beta. Yes, beta is to fix bugs. It is also safe to say that when you get close to the end of beta that most of those bugs should be fixed. In this case they were not.

Please note this is mostly personal opinion so take it with a grain of salt. I would highly recommend waiting for a demo before trying it before you put your money down.