Trending Games | EverQuest Next | Guild Wars 2 | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,760 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,312,481
Gas Powered Games | Official Site
MMORTS | Genre:Historical | Status:Final  (rel 08/16/11)  | Pub:Microsoft Game Studios
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | ESRB:E10+Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Empires Online Forum » General Discussion » Age of Empires Online is scandalous!!!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
49 posts found
  eddieg50

Elite Member

10/06/11 8:42:32 AM#41
Originally posted by drakwon

you need microsoft live account to play this game, stop saying its f2p because it does require you to purchase something.

I never spent a dime to play this game until I decided to spend $20 to be more competitive in PvP, now after my big expense of $20 LOL i am very competitive , and If I just wanted to PvE I prob would not have spent a dime

drakwon

Novice Member

10/06/11 3:13:43 PM#42
you bought an xbox live account so yes you did spend money
  eddieg50

Elite Member

10/06/11 4:01:28 PM#43
Originally posted by drakwon
you bought an xbox live account so yes you did spend money

getting an microsoft online live account did not cost me any money, if it cost you money than someone ripped you off, I did spend $20 because i wanted to PvP but microsoft live was free

Kez95

Apprentice Member

10/07/11 10:00:05 PM#44
Originally posted by Zolgar

It's bad. Really bad. I mean... soooooo bad. It's like a bastardized AoE2, with the fun sucked out of it, and a ton of microtransactions on top. Plus the aesthetics are a MAJOR turn off.

I agree completely.  I played for 5-6 hours trying to find something fun, nothing there like the old AoE2.  Simple and boring quests and skinner box activities to waste your time.

MMORPGs are virtual skinner boxes.

http://www.nickyee.com/eqt/skinner.html

StoneRoses

Hard Core Member

10/07/11 10:34:30 PM#45

I noticed they took out the Season Pass 1.

Wizardry

Elite Member

Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

10/07/11 10:34:53 PM#46
Originally posted by BatsyBatsy

Hey guys, I'm the Community Manager on this title.

I'd love to chime in and explain a few things here.

Regarding there only being 2 free civs. We're launching with 2 civs, they both have a free to play component and they also have a premium/paid component. These are not the ONLY civs we'll have. We've announced 2 more coming out later this year, the Celts and the Persians. We'll be adding civs to this game for YEARS to come.

Having to pay 102 euros for 6 months of content. This is an option. If you buy the Season Pass bundle, you'll pay once, and receive EVERYTHING we release during that 6 months. This includes all civs we release, all booster packs, and all vanity packs. If you're a player who wants EVERYTHING, this package offers substantial savings. This is not a forced purchase. We're allowing users to purchase only what they want. If a user really only likes Horde Mode style games, they can spend $10 (or their regions pricing) and that can be their ONLY purchase in Age of Empires Online. When you make a single purchase of a Civ, you unlock everything for that civ. The entire tech tree, the advisers, larger warehouses, rare and epic gear, etc. We're not nickle and diming our users.

The online portion: The capitol city is persistent. When you're not online playing, friends can still visit your city and buy from your stores, as well as your city is still producing goods. We aren't charging for online play.

The art style: By changing the art style we were able to lower the requirements needed to run the game. Which means, more people can play it!

It's a free download and free to play.  You don't have to buy a civ right off the bat to check the game out. I'd highly suggest you at least try the game before deciding you hate it. Instead of the past where you'd have to pay full retail price for a game, only to find out you dislike it (we've all had that happen), we're letting you check the game out for free. And if you chose to upgrade to a Premium Civ at any point in time, you don't have to start your city over. If you chose not to, you're not out any money.

Anyone that knows me ,i call it as i see it,i do not kiss anyone's ass nor am i fanbois of any game.

In saying that ,i find this response quite acceptable,again coming from me ,it means alot.

I especially commend the rep stating the reason for using this art style,i think he is the ONLY rep of al lthe "other" games willing to admit it.To me it's a no brainer and no secret,but i have seen hundreds of posts on these very forums by people who try to make BS excuses,i am just glad the rep here is stating the truth ,i again commend him.

I have not personally tried the game,i saw the graphics and was turned off,so perhaps it won't garner more players,it is really a crap shoot a guessing game.So because i have not tried it out ,i can't really comment on the exact cost to play this game,but based on the rep's post,i sort of beleive his honesty and feel the game is perhaps at least as fair as any other f2p  game.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Napolianboo#p/u/15/rCYLLQCNc1w
Samoan Diamond

Object

Novice Member

10/21/11 7:53:57 AM#47

I agree completely with Wizardry.  Anyone here that is watching the direction of MMO's today knows about the Perfect World era of mmo's.  We are in a freemium world now people, get with the times.  I love sub based games, but they're a dying breed.

F2P stand for Free to Pay, we all know this already so quit whining about it.

GreasyGhoul

Novice Member

12/12/11 9:54:23 PM#48
Originally posted by Object

I agree completely with Wizardry.  Anyone here that is watching the direction of MMO's today knows about the Perfect World era of mmo's.  We are in a freemium world now people, get with the times.  I love sub based games, but they're a dying breed.

F2P stand for Free to Pay, we all know this already so quit whining about it.

I think you mean Pay to WIn.

Castillle

Forum Bunny

7/24/12 3:15:24 AM#49
I tried aoeo. I hated it. Guess what I still play? AoM collectors edition, aoe2, aoe 3. Take
That grind and shove it up yours. I <3 my aom collectors edition @_@

Also was there something similar to skirmish vs ai in aoeo? I got to like... Level 15 i think before i gave up because it was all quests or pvp and my friend didnt want pvp lol.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
( o.o)
(")(")
**This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search