Trending Games | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Star Wars: The Old Republic | EverQuest | Pirate101

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,901,331 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,271,842
Gameloft | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/27/11)  | Pub:Gameloft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$06.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: Mobile Devices iOS Android | Out of date info? Let us know!

Order & Chaos Online Forum » General Discussion » First desktop standard pocket MMORPG!

4 posts found
  stinkingD

Apprentice Member

OP  5/17/11 7:59:41 AM#1

Excellent game, very impressed.  I don't have time to play computer games these days, and to have an authentic MMORPG in my pocket is fantastic.

Regarding the WoW-clone claims.  I agree, it has been influenced by WoW regading the races (the elves look just like night elves), and the graphic style, but that's no biggy.  WoW did nothing unique itself, other than introduce instances and item binding (O&C has binding, but no instances that I can see yet).

I'm not going to go into a long review, but in summary, this feels and plays like a genuine desktop MMORPG, complete with all the things you've come to expect.  The beauty of it is that you can take it out of your pocket, quickly log in (how quickly depends on how long you've been logged out, if for a while you go through the login screen, otherwise you immediately hop in to where you were) and play for 10 minutes.

The game works well as a quick diversion whilst waiting for the kids, and also works well as a long play session (great to lie in bed whilst playing a MMORPG till I fall asleep).

By the number of reviews on the apple store, this looks like a big success for game loft who will doubtless create new content to keep the dollars flowing.  Looking forward to see how it expands.

MumboJumbo

Hard Core Member

Veni, Vidi, Converti

5/17/11 9:18:10 AM#2

Interesting. I personally play PL and the mmobile gaming you describe in O&C is similar reason:

1. About 1.5 minutes to take out of your pocket and login and jump into a dungeon that could be played from as little as a 2 minutes (interruption) up to 5-10 minutes. 2. In addition to not having the time/inclination to sit down to a full game on the PC when work takes off.

O&C certainly raises the bar with persistence however. Be interesting to see the persistence vs instance development in this space... I'm looking forward to improvements in pvp along the way.

Dreamo84

Defender of Worlds

I actually still like MMORPGs

6/26/11 1:07:21 PM#3

I have to agree with everything said here. I was amazed to say the least when I first tried O&C. I had tried Pocket Legends in the past and it was fun at times, but not a real MMO experience.

Vorras

Novice Member

3/17/12 11:01:21 PM#4
Originally posted by stinkingD

Regarding the WoW-clone claims.  I agree, it has been influenced by WoW regading the races (the elves look just like night elves), and the graphic style, but that's no biggy.  WoW did nothing unique itself, other than introduce instances and item binding (O&C has binding, but no instances that I can see yet).

Actually Anarchy Online introduced Instances.