Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Firefall | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,739,257 Users Online:0
Games:715  Posts:6,177,369
Seamless Network Systems LLC | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:Seamless Network Systems LLC
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Browser | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
Browser GameOut of date info? Let us know!

Fantasy Realm Online Forum » General Discussion » Anyone playing? Like UO?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
27 posts found
  SaintPhilip

Novice Member

OP  7/14/12 6:37:53 PM#21
Originally posted by helthros

I'll definitely be down to check this out.

I just want to say one thing about the people that automatically won't be trying it because they sell gold in the cash shop -

EVE Online has done this for YEARS. It helps control the MT black-market and is a surprisingly effective way to keep revenue coming in. This has allowed CCP to offer every expansion for free etc. Again, selling gold in a CS doesn't have to be the worst thing in the world if it's implemented properly.

I agree- Although I understand people issues because I have them as well. I just have seen how they are implementing it and since this isnt really a "gear" game and items break/degrade- Any bought monies will go back into the economy or to housing (it seems)...Its a risk but I have been without a good game for so long I am wiulling to take it.

-If anyone plays, make sure to hit Global Chat... There is a stellar bunch of people to answer questions or just bullshit with.

Torgen

Novice Member

7/15/12 7:04:46 AM#22

Will be playing around with the game once I get tired of my steam summer sales :P

Hope to see you then.

Sinsai

Apprentice Member

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.
-Benjamin Franklin

7/15/12 10:37:51 AM#23

Went to official forums and read up a bit, extremely interested so DLing it now.

I like the fact that Chris is in almost every thread I read and the fact that crafted items are going to be needed, want to make a Merchant, but going with a Combat Class too so I can go out and "stock up" on items for him.

Also like the fact that people can't gank a merchant since they don't fight, now just to decide on other class Hmmm....:)

SaintPhilip

Novice Member

OP  7/16/12 3:40:11 PM#24

Still going very well- Just want to bump this post and say that now that I have put some time in this game I KNOW I have found a new "home"- Hope to see some of you guys soon.

helthros

Novice Member

7/17/12 7:16:53 PM#25

What do you recommend someone to do when they log in? I ran around and couldn't find anything to kill. I attacked a guard in town and they chased me to my doom lol.

SaintPhilip

Novice Member

OP  7/17/12 7:40:23 PM#26
Originally posted by helthros

What do you recommend someone to do when they log in? I ran around and couldn't find anything to kill. I attacked a guard in town and they chased me to my doom lol.

LOL =P

You can do pretty much anything- There are quests (but not Quest grind type quests) which Shopkeepers and such will have sometimes if you talk to them or other NPCs as well, these quests will lead you into Dungeons and across the Landscape - There are no ? above their heads or anything. These quests also are not "level" dependant so its possible to take a quest which will send you to your DOOM... There is also the option to fully ignore the quests and just go adventuring, which is what I do.

The game is more of a "world" and there isnt much direction given- While exploring you can easily wander into very dangerous places. The dungeons are also VERY unforgiving and deadly so  I wouldnt recomend going at it alone until you are probably at least level 15- 20 (class dependant)

Right now its Open Beta but there will not be a character wipe- So personally I am just grinding mobs for XP and trying to level my Wizard quickly (before the game goes Gold and begins adverising)- BUT I have done dungeon runs (alone and in groups) exploring and some friendly PVP. Plus trying to bank as much Gold as possible so that I may purchse a Home once the game goes live.

The World is pretty large (and what we are playing in now is 1/8 of the actual World) and systems are being tweked and tested. The "idea" isthat we will be in a three faction War with Terrirory Control and events which will effect the World. An example given by the Dev on how this will work involved capturing and holding a Goblin Camp and then sending the Goblins to attack the opposing side- This among other things which he hasnt speculated on.

There will also be systems added to attack opposing Towns (currently we have a "good" and "evil" Town) to garner some other benefit... The territory control system is not yet in place- 

SO yeah-  Its pretty sandboxy and the gist of the "game" will come from us The Players... But the Quests seem well done if you are looking for some direction. You can also craft/mine/tailor and all that good stuff with a crafter Character but I have not yet done that yet and that is a whole nother game in itself it seems. Crafters will be VITAL to the World but CANNOT fight and have to use stealth and subterfuge to stay alive.

I would recomend hitting the Global chat. The game is quite complex and the learning curve steep and even if you are just reading what others are asking or doing it will help- There are Dragons to Slay, Magicks to learn and even talk of curses and such being added to game. Plus the game is a work in progress and suggestions and comments are taken seriously.

As far as things to kill- Oh boy. They are there. Probably head South to Wolven wood and fight Wolves or kill deer at first- Plaus at night there can be different beasts... 

I will be glad to give you a tour of the land and introduce you to some cool people but I wont be on today I dont think... Well Maybe I will =P

But my name is Eppenguar in game.

I know I am not doing the game justice here, and there is so much to do- I am jusr...Blah today =/

EDIT/ADD- Also not that these dungeons are not "typical" run through and slay everything- You need to supply yourself properly from town (bring food/potions/extra weapons/reagents/etc.) and you must slowly make your way through them and often take "rests" to heal between battles. These are deadly mazez- REAL DUNGEONS and personally are a complete blast to try to defeat (hidden doors/switches and all)

jdlamson75

Spotlight Poster

There's some lovely filth down here.

7/17/12 7:48:57 PM#27

OK then, gonna download and give it a shot.  What the hell, right?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search