Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Heroes of the Storm

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,643,429 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,077,138
XLGAMES | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

ArcheAge Forum » General Discussion » Trading and its consequences.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
31 posts found
  CyclopsSlayer

Hard Core Member

OP  1/08/13 8:37:08 AM#1

ArcheAge is not full loot, at least for those things carried in the normal inventory. However, resource bundles used to build houses, land claim tokens for the 3rd continent, trading packages, are all carried in a seperate back slot that CAN be looted from a dead player.

Houses, Boats, Castle segments, all require a blueprint to start building. The blueprints all cost special coins available through doing trade runs, craft a trade package, and carry it to a distant island. The trick is that both East and West player factions use the same turn in point.

While a player is carrying an item in their back slot their movement is slowed to walking speeds.

So here we see a group camping the turn in point, liberating the trade packages and finishing the turn in themselves. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHX1yeZ4t20

Yalexy

Novice Member

1/08/13 8:57:52 AM#2

That's actually quiet nice :)

Sukiyaki

Elite Member

1/08/13 12:45:37 PM#3

The shared turn in points are new to me. Sounds exciting.

But I hate to see there are "rogue" like specs with invisibility skills again in this game. It makes me fear there is yet again a  class with gamebraking skills like "permanent invisibility". One of the most exploitable, imbalanced and straight out annoying skills in MMORPGs if not well restricted. Staying invisible, prey for targets with no risk unless from others in stealth, moving invisible, attacking from invisibility and then retreating into invisibility if anything goes wrong with usually no means to break it unless the exploiter makes poor decissions himself. There is rarely ever any sort of balancing contra to it. Not just a mere counter, but a polar opposite that can at least invalidate or compensate for this advantage if wisely used.

Mardukk

Spotlight Poster

1/08/13 12:47:39 PM#4
Originally posted by Sukiyaki

But I hate to see there are "rogue" like specs with invisibility skills again in this game. It makes me fear there is yet again a  class with gamebraking skills like "permanent invisibility". One of the most exploitable, imbalanced and straight out annoying skills in MMORPGs if not well restricted. Staying invisible, prey for targets with no risk unless from others in stealth, moving invisible, attacking from invisibility and then retreating into invisibility if anything goes wrong with usually no means to break it unless the exploiter makes poor decissions himself. There is rarely ever any sort of balancing contra to it. Not just a mere counter, but a polar opposite that can at least invalidate or compensate for this advantage if wisely used.

It's called a group use it.

Sukiyaki

Elite Member

1/08/13 12:49:18 PM#5
Originally posted by Mardukk

The point just went completely over your head.

lizardbones

Elite Member

I've become dependent upon spell check. My apologies for stupid grammatical errors.

1/08/13 12:52:55 PM#6

Originally posted by Mardukk

Originally posted by Sukiyaki The shared turn in points are new to me. Sounds exciting. But I hate to see there are "rogue" like specs with invisibility skills again in this game. It makes me fear there is yet again a  class with gamebraking skills like "permanent invisibility". One of the most exploitable, imbalanced and straight out annoying skills in MMORPGs if not well restricted. Staying invisible, prey for targets with no risk unless from others in stealth, moving invisible, attacking from invisibility and then retreating into invisibility if anything goes wrong with usually no means to break it unless the exploiter makes poor decissions himself. There is rarely ever any sort of balancing contra to it. Not just a mere counter, but a polar opposite that can at least invalidate or compensate for this advantage if wisely used.
The point just went completely over your head.

I heard the whoosh from over here.

For every large, complex problem, there is a simple, clear solution that also happens to be absolutely wrong.

CyclopsSlayer

Hard Core Member

OP  1/08/13 1:46:13 PM#7

Stealth;

It is limited by proximity. You become visible based on being too close to a target. As well there is at least 1 skill that increases that radius by double iirc. So it will let you get set up for an attack, but you'll still have to charge through a visibility range.

Secondly, the skill has a 40sec Duration, 40sec Cool Down, and reduces movement by 30%.  So the user will likely become visible briefly as they refresh.

coretex666

Hard Core Member

"I shall take your position into consideration"

1/08/13 1:47:21 PM#8
It looks pretty cool. I like OWPvP.

Playing: Chronicle 1
Waiting for: None of the games already announced

My game concept thread: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/369707 (any feedback appreciated)

LlexX

Advanced Member

1/08/13 2:21:13 PM#9

Do some research before starting to talk nonsense, stealth in AA is not overpowered as in most of the other games.

And this whole goods transporting system i a good way to encourage teamwork (on group of players responsible to carry goods while they teammates responsible to defending them), something to give meaning to teamwork which most of the MMOs are lacking lately, and to punish soloers!

Amate

Apprentice Member

1/08/13 3:01:15 PM#10

Funny thing is that you can see me easily busting someone out of stealth at 2:13 in the video.

Teala

Spotlight Poster

"Really officer, they're herbs."

1/08/13 3:03:18 PM#11
Guess people will need to hire scouts and guards.    That is what I would do.   :)

PsychoPigeon

Advanced Member

1/08/13 3:22:53 PM#12
Clans will have to work together to ensure safe traval and even then you could be out gunned and your resources lost, just another aspect of AA that makes team work worthwhile.
  Ice-Queen

Hard Core Member

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. They won't expect it back."

1/08/13 3:37:42 PM#13
Looked good except the guy that was invisible, I guess that's their stealth, kinda like rogues in WoW, and stealthers from DAOC. I despise the invisible mechanic in mmorpg's. I have and probably will play one, of course, just because of the advantage. Seriously, wish it were hidden in shadows or a brief stealth though, I hate perma-stealth-invisibility.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

PsychoPigeon

Advanced Member

1/08/13 4:30:10 PM#14
Originally posted by Tayah
Looked good except the guy that was invisible, I guess that's their stealth, kinda like rogues in WoW, and stealthers from DAOC. I despise the invisible mechanic in mmorpg's. I have and probably will play one, of course, just because of the advantage. Seriously, wish it were hidden in shadows or a brief stealth though, I hate perma-stealth-invisibility.

It isn't, read the 1st page

CyclopsSlayer

Hard Core Member

OP  1/08/13 5:26:02 PM#15
If you watch the video full screen, keep an eye on the chat window. You'll see that the attackers had placed scouts; "Boat to the south, south, landing..." Also, notice that one of them died, and respawned in Jail. LOL
  Ice-Queen

Hard Core Member

1/08/13 6:38:38 PM#16

Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

Originally posted by Tayah Looked good except the guy that was invisible, I guess that's their stealth, kinda like rogues in WoW, and stealthers from DAOC. I despise the invisible mechanic in mmorpg's. I have and probably will play one, of course, just because of the advantage. Seriously, wish it were hidden in shadows or a brief stealth though, I hate perma-stealth-invisibility.
It isn't, read the 1st page

Ok so it's 45 seconds of invisibility. It's not perma stealth but definately gonna be most useful for pvp. 45 seconds is still a good long time to be invisible. I understand the vocation tree for assassinnis a lesser form of stealth that can be seen through if you're too close to an enemy. Ah well guess I'll have to be a stealther....again.

Dark Age of Camelot

kadepsyson

Hard Core Member

The doctors say his chances are 50/50...but there's only a 10% chance of that.

1/08/13 6:45:28 PM#17
Originally posted by LlexX

Do some research before starting to talk nonsense, stealth in AA is not overpowered as in most of the other games.

And this whole goods transporting system i a good way to encourage teamwork (on group of players responsible to carry goods while they teammates responsible to defending them), something to give meaning to teamwork which most of the MMOs are lacking lately, and to punish soloers!

He didn't claim it was overpowered like other games.  He said he feared it could be a gamebreaking skill.  He didn't know that it was a short (40 second) duration rather than toggle forever.  He just stated why he didn't like such things in other MMOs.

Also, encouraging teamwork is great, punishing solo players is not. A lone wolf type should have the ability to interact in a very different way with others than a group.  It shouldn't end up being no group = may as well quit forever.

Do some careful reading of his post before starting to talk nonsense.

El Psy Congroo

Rhoklaw

Elite Member

$500 Backer to 2014's Top New MMO... The Repopulation!

1/08/13 7:04:00 PM#18
See, now this is the kind of stuff that makes MMO's entertaining. As for the guy who went to jail, what exactly did he do to end up in jail?

kadepsyson

Hard Core Member

The doctors say his chances are 50/50...but there's only a 10% chance of that.

1/08/13 7:09:08 PM#19
Originally posted by Rhoklaw
See, now this is the kind of stuff that makes MMO's entertaining. As for the guy who went to jail, what exactly did he do to end up in jail?

Armed robbery, attempted murder, maybe even actual murder?

On the off chance you didn't know, the game has in-game jail with in-game player courts.

El Psy Congroo

Ice-Queen

Hard Core Member

1/08/13 7:16:50 PM#20

Originally posted by PsychoPigeon Clans will have to work together to ensure safe traval and even then you could be out gunned and your resources lost, just another aspect of AA that makes team work worthwhile.

Yeah, I can see places that will probably be camped all the time with lots of pvp action, which is great. Finding a good guild that isn't full of elitest jerks may be a problem. I'm hoping I can can find a small to medium sized guild that work together, much like the one I was in in Daoc Pre-Toa. The larger guild I was in in Wow were full of elitest jerks and the guild was so big I never got to know everyone in it.

Dark Age of Camelot

2 Pages 1 2 » Search