Trending Games | WildStar | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | Elder Scrolls Online

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,777,346 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,191,814
XLGAMES | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

ArcheAge Forum » General Discussion » Sub fee + cash shop

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
86 posts found
  xAPOCx

Elite Member

Joined: 10/25/12
Posts: 842

1/07/13 6:00:26 PM#61
Originally posted by Torvaldr
Originally posted by xAPOCx
Originally posted by Torvaldr
Originally posted by theoneandonly
Originally posted by xAPOCx

Sub + Cash Shop

Posting picture of an asian man in scotish like outfit?????

AA got deep crafting system deep housing system. It separates PVPers From PvEers without braking ecomony. What else u need from Sandbox MMO?

Well he's got a Korean pop star dancing on Obi-Wan Kenobi's table.  What do you expect?

A sub is a deal breaker for me.  I'm not renting limited access to games anymore.  None of them are worth that to me.

I think iv said this in another post before but ill say it again here. Im very VERY glad AA will have a sub. It will insure that i wont have to play with people like you.

EDIT: *rude comment*

If you have no interest in sub based games then i guess its time to move on then.

Interesting that you had to be so obnoxious and rude.  I'm not sure why you're so threatened by those who have a different view from yours.  Anway, I guess I'm glad I won't have to game with you either.  I doubt I'm really missing out.

Oh, and I'll give my feedback in the discussion any time I damn well please and you and those like you will just have to deal with it.  I'm not "moving on" or "shutting up".  Believe it or not, I'm not alone and it seems those of us who like sub-free gaming options have some financial muscle.  Notice TSW offers a sub-free option now.  Expect this changing business model to evolve and become more pervasive if games want to survive.

It will be interesting to see in the coming couple of years if the staunch sub-only crowd is large enough to support that business model anymore.  I doubt it, but we'll see.

LOL the interweb muscles are big with you arent they?

The real reason your seeing alot of f2p games are the current crop of MMOs are so shity they arent worth a sub. All you want to do is game jump. Thats who you are. And thats fine if thats the type of player you are. But thats not the type od player i am. I want to spend my time playing one main game.

If the day comes that ALL MMOs adopt the f2p model then ill know that my time playing MMOs are over and its time to move on. Only time will tell.

Very glad we will not have to inhabit the same game. P2P4LIFE!

  xAPOCx

Elite Member

Joined: 10/25/12
Posts: 842

1/07/13 6:02:34 PM#62
Originally posted by theoneandonly
Originally posted by Torvaldr
Originally posted by xAPOCx
Originally posted by Torvaldr
Originally posted by theoneandonly
Originally posted by xAPOCx

Sub + Cash Shop

Posting picture of an asian man in scotish like outfit?????

AA got deep crafting system deep housing system. It separates PVPers From PvEers without braking ecomony. What else u need from Sandbox MMO?

Well he's got a Korean pop star dancing on Obi-Wan Kenobi's table.  What do you expect?

A sub is a deal breaker for me.  I'm not renting limited access to games anymore.  None of them are worth that to me.

I think iv said this in another post before but ill say it again here. Im very VERY glad AA will have a sub. It will insure that i wont have to play with people like you.

EDIT: *rude comment*

If you have no interest in sub based games then i guess its time to move on then.

Interesting that you had to be so obnoxious and rude.  I'm not sure why you're so threatened by those who have a different view from yours.  Anway, I guess I'm glad I won't have to game with you either.  I doubt I'm really missing out.

Oh, and I'll give my feedback in the discussion any time I damn well please and you and those like you will just have to deal with it.  I'm not "moving on" or "shutting up".  Believe it or not, I'm not alone and it seems those of us who like sub-free gaming options have some financial muscle.  Notice TSW offers a sub-free option now.  Expect this changing business model to evolve and become more pervasive if games want to survive.

It will be interesting to see in the coming couple of years if the staunch sub-only crowd is large enough to support that business model anymore.  I doubt it, but we'll see.

There r 3 types of gamer.

Dedicated

Casuals

Just to play and forget.

TSW is Casual. AA is dedicated. Diffrent game for diffrent crowd.

Yep i fall under the Dedicated tab.
Will not waist my time with game jumpers.

  Daxamar

Advanced Member

Joined: 10/13/05
Posts: 454

1/07/13 6:03:55 PM#63

Ok, can we get back on topic. :)

I dont see anywhere on my searches what will be available on there cash shop that makes poeple hate the cash shop so much. Still looking tho!

Im looking forward to this game, by the way.

  xAPOCx

Elite Member

Joined: 10/25/12
Posts: 842

1/07/13 6:04:04 PM#64
Originally posted by PsychoPigeon
Another game to avoid then. I avoid anything that has a cash shop or a monthly fee. I want everything free, I'm also a socialist.

I cant tell if this is sarcasm or not since its coming from you.

  Zetsuei

Apprentice Member

Joined: 8/21/03
Posts: 249

The one and only power

1/07/13 6:06:56 PM#65

I don't understand you guys who say if the cash shop is like WoW it will be fine. You're paying $15 to access and play the game, so you like being ripped off by paying MORE for items that should be freely included into the game? I just don't get you people.

As for this news, the game will be DOA if it comes to US with that model. Sandbox is already niche, sub will turn off a good deal of players, sub and cash shop will turn off a lot more. So I would be really surprised if it didn't come here with a different model. At this point in MMOs games need to aim for GW2 style payment model. Box price + purely convience items you can buy with in-game money.

  RizelStar

Apprentice Member

Joined: 8/12/11
Posts: 2823

We all breathe and we all die.

1/07/13 6:10:20 PM#66
Originally posted by Cecropia
Originally posted by Xirik
That is the pricing they have set for S.Korea. Not for when they decide to bring the game over to the west.  Yes there is a chance that it will be the same model here but remains PURE speculation.

Hopefully the cash shop doesn't cross the ocean, otherwise I won't even give this title a second glance. Here's to hoping

Same.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

  Yalexy

Novice Member

Joined: 12/17/10
Posts: 1020

1/07/13 6:29:49 PM#67


Originally posted by Zetsuei

As for this news, the game will be DOA if it comes to US with that model. Sandbox is already niche, sub will turn off a good deal of players, sub and cash shop will turn off a lot more. So I would be really surprised if it didn't come here with a different model. At this point in MMOs games need to aim for GW2 style payment model. Box price + purely convience items you can buy with in-game money.


Wrong.

A MMO with lots of sandbox-elements and FFA-PvP needs a pure subscription model, where they may be a cashshop with pure vanity-items (clothes, etc).
This is the only way to level the playing-field, especially when it comes to open world FFA-PvP and territorial conquest.

  PsychoPigeon

Novice Member

Joined: 8/15/07
Posts: 587

1/07/13 6:33:20 PM#68
Originally posted by Zetsuei

I don't understand you guys who say if the cash shop is like WoW it will be fine. You're paying $15 to access and play the game, so you like being ripped off by paying MORE for items that should be freely included into the game? I just don't get you people.

As for this news, the game will be DOA if it comes to US with that model. Sandbox is already niche, sub will turn off a good deal of players, sub and cash shop will turn off a lot more. So I would be really surprised if it didn't come here with a different model. At this point in MMOs games need to aim for GW2 style payment model. Box price + purely convience items you can buy with in-game money.

 

1. This isn't a sandbox game, this is what average people expect from an MMO plus the freedom to sail around the world and siege, plus take territory.

2. No it won't 'die' because the game has a monthly fee plus cash shop for cosmetics, plenty of MMOs do it.

3. GW2 is theme park as it gets and can only survive with more theme park addons. ArcheAge plans to have a long lasting 'end game' rather than sitting at max level waiting for the next expansion.

  hockeyplayr

Hard Core Member

Joined: 9/27/10
Posts: 554

1/07/13 6:37:25 PM#69
Originally posted by PieRad

They'll put in as much as they can to grab your money...

 

Even Runescape is grabbing peoples money now with squeel of fortune.

"Get 1-2 spins per day, but you can always buy more! :D"  

Gee, thanks!

 

 

Expect every game coming out to be all about getting your cc out of your wallet.

 

We all know, F2P is the best option for us gamers! :D it cost more, but you decide when and what to buy... weeee! We're so lucky!

 

Start with 10 inventory slots, and 10 bank slots, it's so cool, love to pay for the simple stuff, makes my gametime so much more enjoyable!

 

And paying for 50 things, instead of finding/unlocking them with time-played in those pesky P2P games, is so much more fun.. Cause we all have jobs you know, we don't have time to play video games!

 

 

 

 

when i checked back on runescape a couple months ago to see what changed.  The cash shop wasn't intrusive at all.  It was literally all cosmetic.  And someone did a test buying 100 squeal spins and got nothing but junk, thus wasting money.  The chances of getting something like 200m off of it are so slim that it isn't gamebreaking at all  

  Grotar89

Novice Member

Joined: 5/01/10
Posts: 343

1/07/13 6:43:36 PM#70
Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

1. This isn't a sandbox game, this is what average people expect from an MMO plus the freedom to sail around the world and siege, plus take territory.

2. No it won't 'die' because the game has a monthly fee plus cash shop for cosmetics, plenty of MMOs do it.

3. GW2 is theme park as it gets and can only survive with more theme park addons. ArcheAge plans to have a long lasting 'end game' rather than sitting at max level waiting for the next expansion.

2, Really ? Name them plz...

3. And what do they/you consider under ''long lasting'' end game?

  A.Blackloch

Apprentice Member

Joined: 10/21/07
Posts: 837

"Choke on the smoke from my quill."

1/08/13 1:15:12 AM#71

The funny thing is, everyone b*tching about the subscription and cash shop here is still going to buy the game, pay the sub and buy that silly hat from the cash shop. There's no need for that "Oh another game to avoid" -play since no one believes or cares anyway.

  PieRad

Apprentice Member

Joined: 11/14/08
Posts: 1169

1/08/13 1:44:43 AM#72
Originally posted by hockeyplayr
Originally posted by PieRad

They'll put in as much as they can to grab your money...

 

Even Runescape is grabbing peoples money now with squeel of fortune.

"Get 1-2 spins per day, but you can always buy more! :D"  

Gee, thanks!

 

 

Expect every game coming out to be all about getting your cc out of your wallet.

 

We all know, F2P is the best option for us gamers! :D it cost more, but you decide when and what to buy... weeee! We're so lucky!

 

Start with 10 inventory slots, and 10 bank slots, it's so cool, love to pay for the simple stuff, makes my gametime so much more enjoyable!

 

And paying for 50 things, instead of finding/unlocking them with time-played in those pesky P2P games, is so much more fun.. Cause we all have jobs you know, we don't have time to play video games!

 

 

 

 

when i checked back on runescape a couple months ago to see what changed.  The cash shop wasn't intrusive at all.  It was literally all cosmetic.  And someone did a test buying 100 squeal spins and got nothing but junk, thus wasting money.  The chances of getting something like 200m off of it are so slim that it isn't gamebreaking at all  

 

Gambling isn't intrusive?

The poor chance of actually getting something doesn't help the situation, this is how gambling works.

Pay real money, for a chance to get a prize, in this case xp, items, gold... This sh*t doesn't belong in mmo's.

 

 

Once we had to buy a box, and pay a sub, but we got everything, and everything the developers released was given to you. (except big expansions)

Now they implement mechanics / "features", designed to get you to reach for your cc, IN A GAME.

 

It's greed, and it's done just because they can, the community as a whole just accepts it.

"Wow, it's FREE TO PLAY? Let me get some of that!... Oh, You have to buy inv slots? Oh that's fine, I like to support you guys... Oh you have to buy bank slots? Oh that's fine, I like to support you guys.... Oh you have to buy a costume to look different? Oh that's fine, I like to support you guys." etc. etc. etc.

Before you know it, you've spent $xxx in order to enjoy the game.

 

A GAME... *shakes head*

  Scalpless

Hard Core Member

Joined: 3/22/07
Posts: 1272

1/08/13 1:49:34 AM#73
I don't have a problem with sub fees, especially in good sandbox games, but the CS must lack be very basic for me to even consider trying this. No Wushu-style dubious crap.
  LlexX

Novice Member

Joined: 1/09/12
Posts: 200

1/08/13 3:40:20 AM#74

Why are you guys so concerned about the payment system in Korea? Its not like we gonna be playing there...

It has a P2P+CS so what... in China Tencent will launch it with a F2P system. Who knows which one will we get in the west...

  TsaboHavoc

Novice Member

Joined: 11/01/11
Posts: 340

1/08/13 4:37:54 AM#75
Originally posted by Zetsuei

I don't understand you guys who say if the cash shop is like WoW it will be fine. You're paying $15 to access and play the game, so you like being ripped off by paying MORE for items that should be freely included into the game? I just don't get you people.

As for this news, the game will be DOA if it comes to US with that model. Sandbox is already niche, sub will turn off a good deal of players, sub and cash shop will turn off a lot more. So I would be really surprised if it didn't come here with a different model. At this point in MMOs games need to aim for GW2 style payment model. Box price + purely convience items you can buy with in-game money.

i dont get it too, its just mindblowing (no sarcarsm).

  Yalexy

Novice Member

Joined: 12/17/10
Posts: 1020

1/08/13 9:04:12 AM#76


Originally posted by Grotar89

Originally posted by PsychoPigeon 1. This isn't a sandbox game, this is what average people expect from an MMO plus the freedom to sail around the world and siege, plus take territory. 2. No it won't 'die' because the game has a monthly fee plus cash shop for cosmetics, plenty of MMOs do it. 3. GW2 is theme park as it gets and can only survive with more theme park addons. ArcheAge plans to have a long lasting 'end game' rather than sitting at max level waiting for the next expansion.
2, Really ? Name them plz...

3. And what do they/you consider under ''long lasting'' end game?


2. There would be WoW for example... you know, this really big MMO you might have heard of before.

3. long lasting endgame = deep crafting-system, playerdriven economy, open world FFA-PvP and territorial conquest... you know, the stuff that's missing in 99% of the MMOs currently available.

  SlyLoK

Advanced Member

Joined: 7/04/08
Posts: 939

1/08/13 12:16:39 PM#77
Originally posted by Sovrath
Originally posted by Kuppa
I expect whomever is their US publisher to not be naive enough to do sub + cs. Doing a sub will be risky enough, with a cs it will probably end up like TSW and have to change their model at some point. People don't like double dippin....

They might choose the whole freemium bit.

Essentially there will be a cash shop but if you pay a sub then you get "tokens" to spend in the cash shop.

That is probably how its going to be.

It depends on the publisher though.

  Sovrath

Elite Member

Joined: 1/06/05
Posts: 17008

1/08/13 12:21:43 PM#78
Originally posted by Doogiehowser
Originally posted by Sovrath
Originally posted by Doogiehowser
Originally posted by SandBoxKing
Originally posted by Doogiehowser
This model isn't going to work. When will these people learn? it is very strange to see a an already niche title to take road of monthly sub and cash shop. Guess someone is too over confident of their game.

Greetings..

This model may not be to players in the west liking but be in no doubt that in Asia it will not be an issue. I think many here are forgetting that we in the west wont be seeing AA for at least a year and a half with Russia being the first outside Asia.

 The MMO world does not start and finish in the west, AA will be the biggest MMO in Korea and have a vast following in Asia.

Damn right they are confident of they're game.

Yeah but this is not going to work in west. That is what i am trying to say. When even themepark MMOS can not pull it off i highly doubt a niche sandbox title is going to pull it off in west. So yeah they are way too over confident if they released AA in west with this model. They are going to fall flat on their face.

 

Well, now, wait a minute...

Themepark games can't pull it off because they can't keep up with the content or, if you are thinking of some of the latest offers, not enough content and bugs and such.

People will pay for a sub if there is value to be had and people will pay for cosmetic items if they are "neat".

I really doubt that it is just because of lack of content that prompts people to reject sub model + cash shop model.

I'll edit tthis:

people will pay a sub and will use cash shop if they are inclined. WoW proves this.

The problem comes when there isn't enough content in themeparks to keep players. Of course there are players who are adamantly against both but I don't believe success or failure rests solely on them.

  darkhalf357x

Elite Member

Joined: 1/25/12
Posts: 1089

I'm only playing the role chosen for me. Who you supposed to be?

1/08/13 12:23:59 PM#79

Not sure why we even debate this anymore.  Whatever the model is, you'll have to pay it if you want to play.  Or wait to see if the model you want is implemented down the road.

Either way I'll be there day 1 to let you know...

  wb8594

Novice Member

Joined: 8/18/07
Posts: 14

1/08/13 12:26:13 PM#80

Most MMO's released today are moving toward the Cash Shop cause that's where the most money is at.

Not enough folks are buying subs to make it worth while just look at all the MMO's that have moved to F2P in just the past year.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search