Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | EverQuest Next | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,893 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,313,011
XLGAMES | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/16/14)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

ArcheAge Forum » General Discussion » ArcheAge 24/7 & P2P

13 posts found
  Informer80

Novice Member

OP  12/17/12 9:03:01 AM#1

Amazing news from Germany!

This is the boxed version of ArcheAge including 10 days gametime!

Yalexy

Apprentice Member

12/17/12 9:59:04 AM#2

So much can happen during the next two years, before this game eventually hits EU/NA.

Beowulfsam

Advanced Member

12/17/12 10:12:47 AM#3

I wll never ever understand why do the companies have such troubles translating stuff, especially if they work on a game and they know they'll publish it in the other markets. I'd understand max 3 months, but more... if they published sooner = more revenue (unless the game was so buggy noone would play) which easily pays off for translating. If they wait for idk 1-2 years for US/EU/others = lotsa money lost. And then they cry games make no money and stuff..yeh, no wonder.

If I designed a mobile phone, I wonder how good it would sell 2 years after I started poduction and held off the sales for tranlating (ok not so good comparison, but still :P ).

Sukiyaki

Elite Member

12/17/12 3:21:07 PM#4

Oh god! Every time they bring news about gameupgrades its amazing.

New regions expanding both two continents again. YES!

Junk ship models, new medium ship class! YES!!

They apparently added carriages for transport. How many MMOS with CryEngine3/2 level physics have even playerdriven carriages? YES

Seamless open world playerconstructed heavy castle sieges enabled! Siege towers added. Hell YES!!!

CasaFranky

Apprentice Member

12/17/12 4:25:46 PM#5

really strange pricing.
2.5 € for the game.
whats the monthly costs then?

Sukiyaki

Elite Member

12/17/12 5:24:23 PM#6
Originally posted by CasaFranky

really strange pricing.
2.5 € for the game.
whats the monthly costs then?

If subscription based it should be roughly USD 16-18

Otherwise standard PPH price for AAA title.

DayneOrly

Novice Member

12/18/12 3:44:59 PM#7

Asia has a bit diff of a payment model then we do, i played Aion in China and P2P meant you buy time to play.  Basically you buy 5 hours of game time then you get to be logged on for 5 hours (Note: it did end up around the same cost as a sub generally).

I wouldn't be supprised if this was similar.

I also wouldn't expect to see this P2P model in US/EU though.

EmanioAmor

Apprentice Member

1/07/13 5:43:49 AM#8
"  
  • 90 days of game time – 47,500 Korean Won (USD 44.64)
  • 30 days of game time – 19,800 Korean Won (USD 18.60)
  • 30 hours of game time – 9,900 Korean Won (USD 9.30)
  • 3 hours of game time – 3,000 Korea Won (USD 2.82) "
http://www.mmoculture.com/2013/01/archeage-p2p-subscription-model-confirmed/

The pricing is kinda insane, Just a question but  is their any company out right now that can justify a subscription like that? With regular updates and I dont mean Bug fixes but actual content new characters/regions, multiple ways of interaction I.E. Phone apps. But for almost $20 a month i'd expect different events every month or atleast every 3 on top of that the home base being in korea,could we expect to get equal treatment to justify equal payment?
  Otashi

Novice Member

1/07/13 6:02:34 AM#9
Originally posted by EmanioAmor
"  

The pricing is kinda insane, Just a question but  is their any company out right now that can justify a subscription like that? With regular updates and I dont mean Bug fixes but actual content new characters/regions, multiple ways of interaction I.E. Phone apps. But for almost $20 a month i'd expect different events every month or atleast every 3 on top of that the home base being in korea,could we expect to get equal treatment to justify equal payment?

I'm not sure I understand it all because I am not a native english speaker but doesn't it say "game time" as in it only counts when you are logged in ? Then 20 bucks for 30 days of actual gameplay can be even more cheaper than the actual sub for other MMOs... did I read wrong ?

Boneserino

Elite Member

1/07/13 6:12:50 AM#10
Originally posted by Otashi
"  

I'm not sure I understand it all because I am not a native english speaker but doesn't it say "game time" as in it only counts when you are logged in ? Then 20 bucks for 30 days of actual gameplay can be even more cheaper than the actual sub for other MMOs... did I read wrong ?

I think these prices make perfect sense.  This is how most MMO should charge for subscription IMO.

I would probably take the 30 days for the first month as I would likely be playing constantly at that point.  After that I would switch to the 30 hours.   That way I would be paying only for time played.    No complaints about paying for time not played, or with feeling the pressure to play because I pay a monthly sub.

Kudos!

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

TheHavok

Advanced Member

"Free crack and everybody gets laid."

1/07/13 6:19:47 AM#11
Originally posted by Beowulfsam

I wll never ever understand why do the companies have such troubles translating stuff, especially if they work on a game and they know they'll publish it in the other markets. I'd understand max 3 months, but more... if they published sooner = more revenue (unless the game was so buggy noone would play) which easily pays off for translating. If they wait for idk 1-2 years for US/EU/others = lotsa money lost. And then they cry games make no money and stuff..yeh, no wonder.

If I designed a mobile phone, I wonder how good it would sell 2 years after I started poduction and held off the sales for tranlating (ok not so good comparison, but still :P ).

Basically they don't have the funding to publish it right away or they use a 2nd party to publish it.  Then, a series of Q/A and localization changes take place.  THEN the game goes into closed beta and the producers wait to see how well the feedback and sub numbers are.  THEN a licensing agreement takes place which will define how much money is being split between the various parties and what territories they are authorized to cover.

If they aren't working with a 2nd party to publish then most likely they just don't have the resources at the moment to publish everything themselves in every territory.  The CEO answers to a board of directors that allocate a certain amount of money for the company to use.

SlyLoK

Elite Member

1/08/13 1:37:03 PM#12
Originally posted by Otashi
"  

I think you are right.. These prices and time reflect actual in game /played time and not a flat real world time. Seems like a crazy good deal to me.

CyclopsSlayer

Apprentice Member

1/08/13 1:41:46 PM#13

The 'hours' are in game time. Hours do not expire.

The 'days' pricing is tradtitional 30/90 day periods. Expires at the end of the period.

Or so says a Korean streamer that also speaks English 'Ellord05' on Twitch.