Trending Games | Wizard101 | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,249 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,267,705
XLGAMES | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/16/14)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

ArcheAge Forum » General Discussion » Shady business

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
37 posts found
  DMKano

Elite Member

Joined: 6/17/11
Posts: 5739

8/22/14 1:52:41 PM#21
Originally posted by RS-Man
I bet they are the ones doing this shady business and will try to blame that my account has been hacked. I do not disclose any of my information and i am a computer tech and i am certain by 1000% that i have no spyware, virus or any sort of bugs on my computer

 

Trion (nor any game company) cannot take funds from your account unless you have a recurring payment. Little known fact, game companies do not keep credit card data (it's against PCI compliance) - they only generate a token which gets passed to billing service companies (like chase) who actually process the payment info. So even if you have billing and CC info entered - Trion does NOT keep any credit card or PayPal numbers on any of their systems - it's passed on to actual billing service companies. Bottom line Trion couldn't do this even if they wanted to - they don't have any of that info. You got hacked, your CC got stolen - GIFT is a big hint.
  Spankster77

Hard Core Member

Joined: 6/20/14
Posts: 297

8/22/14 1:57:13 PM#22
Originally posted by raggnir

dude, you got your account info stolen because you entered some fake website with the promise to get a reward after logging in with your trion account.

 

no point telling riot did this, you got greedy and thoughlessly clicked some suspect link

Not the case for me.  I haven't tried to win anything.  I participated in the last Archeage beta event and that was about it.  I haven't even logged into Trion since I installed the client 2 weeks ago.

 

It's possible that account information was compromised on Trion's side.

  RS-Man

Novice Member

Joined: 4/17/14
Posts: 26

 
OP  8/22/14 1:57:42 PM#23
Originally posted by raggnir

dude, you got your account info stolen because you entered some fake website with the promise to get a reward after logging in with your trion account.

 

no point telling riot did this, you got greedy and thoughlessly clicked some suspect link

[mod edit]  I Am pretty sure i did not get any of my information in any site specially on a fake website. lol

 

And for so many people to be having the same issue, i am pretty sure this is Trion doing, nothing else.

 

They told me that my account was never logged in on Archeage other than a one time with my Free Beta key and the Gift number has never been used.

They've told me that my Rift account does not have any compromise, if it was hacked they would be using my paypal to buy game currency and Gift trough my account using my characters there.

 

If you guys can't see that it is their doing, than i don't know.... or their servers got hacked or something, pretty sure it is not from my side

 

Did i forget to mention that Trion is not doing well in business

 

They are trying to get unsuspecting customers and people who do not pay attention, like most americans do.

 

 

Better be defeated for a triumph than not to triumph by fear of failure!

  Sargeras77

Apprentice Member

Joined: 5/12/10
Posts: 44

By all that is holy do you see that enemy over there!

8/22/14 1:59:03 PM#24
Originally posted by raggnir

dude, you got your account info stolen because you entered some fake website with the promise to get a reward after logging in with your trion account.

 

no point telling riot did this, you got greedy and thoughlessly clicked some suspect link

I understand that this happens all too frequently but I haven't even touched my trion account in a long time and I definitely do not login to fake websites that promise to give me free crap... I definitely disagree with the stance op is taking by being hostile to trion because I definitely do not believe that this was a shady plot on their part at all, however if someone is getting account info and trying to make illegal purchases I do believe trion would want to know.

 

oh and trion not riot lol

 

  Spankster77

Hard Core Member

Joined: 6/20/14
Posts: 297

8/22/14 2:02:31 PM#25
Originally posted by DMKano

 

Trion (nor any game company) cannot take funds from your account unless you have a recurring payment. Little known fact, game companies do not keep credit card data (it's against PCI compliance) - they only generate a token which gets passed to billing service companies (like chase) who actually process the payment info. So even if you have billing and CC info entered - Trion does NOT keep any credit card or PayPal numbers on any of their systems - it's passed on to actual billing service companies. Bottom line Trion couldn't do this even if they wanted to - they don't have any of that info. You got hacked, your CC got stolen - GIFT is a big hint.

Trion themselves do not store the information but you save your credit card to your account so you can access the cash shop and for recurring payments.  So trion isn't storing your info but your info is linked to your account so if someone is able to log into your account they can buy stuff.  To prevent this most companies do not store CCV number and make you type it in whenever you are making a manual purchase, I am guessing that trions billing company does not require CCV numbers to be entered when manual payments are made.

 

  RS-Man

Novice Member

Joined: 4/17/14
Posts: 26

 
OP  8/22/14 2:08:35 PM#26

Well, just got a refund and i asked the customer service if they are aware that lots of accounts are being charged and getting this email and they said no.

 

I got the email saying the transaction was not able o complete and yet my account was charged...

Better be defeated for a triumph than not to triumph by fear of failure!

  Spankster77

Hard Core Member

Joined: 6/20/14
Posts: 297

8/22/14 2:09:05 PM#27

FYI...  This is my conversation with Trion.

 

GM Pantrin: I do see the account was in fact accessed by an overseas third party. The password change should be enough to secure it. I would also recommend using an authenticator.


Me: How do you suspect they obtained my password information?


GM Pantrin: It is hard to say, we have not heard of any issues internally. Often times, fan sites related to the games on the account can become compromised and matching login information is sometimes acquired that way.

 


 

  RS-Man

Novice Member

Joined: 4/17/14
Posts: 26

 
OP  8/22/14 2:11:28 PM#28
So, now, how can a company not know a lot of customers are getting charged for U$149.99 and send you emails saying the transaction was not completed and yet if you have an still valid payment method your account is charged?

Better be defeated for a triumph than not to triumph by fear of failure!

  Rhime

Hard Core Member

Joined: 7/29/04
Posts: 99

8/22/14 2:15:05 PM#29
Greetings from Trion Worlds:
Facebook Twitter YouTube
There was an error in processing your order. You have not been charged by Trion Worlds for the following items:

GIFT: ARCHEUM FOUNDER'S PACK


Date of order: August 22, 2014, 7:12:47 AM (UTC)

Please verify your payment method and re-try your purchase using Trion Worlds Account Management. Simply click the link below or paste it into your browser to get started:
 
I got this in my email this morning as well. I never ordered the Archeum pack. I called my CC company and they have no record to a transaction even happening. I changed my pw and sent in a ticket for Trion to look into the issue..Good thing my card is maxed lol.
I to0, have never clicked any account links ever and usually ignore the phishing emails which hopefully this is...
  kishe

Advanced Member

Joined: 2/28/04
Posts: 1966

firefighter lvl90

8/22/14 2:16:01 PM#30

What tons of MMO hackers do is they hack a fansite, then grab all user/pass infos in that site and try them in game.

 

You'd be suprised how many people use same user/pass for multiple things.

 

 

  RS-Man

Novice Member

Joined: 4/17/14
Posts: 26

 
OP  8/22/14 2:20:13 PM#31
Originally posted by Rhime
Greetings from Trion Worlds:
Facebook Twitter YouTube
There was an error in processing your order. You have not been charged by Trion Worlds for the following items:

GIFT: ARCHEUM FOUNDER'S PACK


Date of order: August 22, 2014, 7:12:47 AM (UTC)

Please verify your payment method and re-try your purchase using Trion Worlds Account Management. Simply click the link below or paste it into your browser to get started:
 
I got this in my email this morning as well. I never ordered the Archeum pack. I called my CC company and they have no record to a transaction even happening. I changed my pw and sent in a ticket for Trion to look into the issue..Good thing my card is maxed lol.
I to0, have never clicked any account links ever and usually ignore the phishing emails which hopefully this is...

Well, keep checking your bank accounts in case any charge comes in later. My was charged right away.

I recommend all of you to keep an eye out for the next few days since you all got this email from them, unless the payment source has expired, etc...

 

Better safe than sorry

 

Seriously, how can i get an email saying it did not go through and still be charged?

Better be defeated for a triumph than not to triumph by fear of failure!

  Djevik

Novice Member

Joined: 5/25/09
Posts: 73

8/22/14 2:20:56 PM#32

hey man I know how you feel, 

I was at work and i got 2 emails saying someone was trying to buy REX or whatever its call for Rift.. first time it was 750 credits that didnt go through and they tried again and it was for 18,500? I believe

When all this was going on I was at work laying some pavers

http://puu.sh/b3vO4/33dd646dd1.png

Lucky me I removed my card info from my paypal account that they tried to use.. 

 

I kinda laughed about it b/c who ever it was never got anything but he/she tried

Ya this is also the reason i use Pre-Paid cards on my paypal account.. I only put money on the card when I need the card to buy something.. You should take part in that..

  RS-Man

Novice Member

Joined: 4/17/14
Posts: 26

 
OP  8/22/14 2:26:14 PM#33
Originally posted by Djevik

hey man I know how you feel, 

I was at work and i got 2 emails saying someone was trying to buy REX or whatever its call for Rift.. first time it was 750 credits that didnt go through and they tried again and it was for 18,500? I believe

When all this was going on I was at work laying some pavers

http://puu.sh/b3vO4/33dd646dd1.png

Lucky me I removed my card info from my paypal account that they tried to use.. 

 

I kinda laughed about it b/c who ever it was never got anything but he/she tried

Ya this is also the reason i use Pre-Paid cards on my paypal account.. I only put money on the card when I need the card to buy something.. You should take part in that..

Yeah, i use different passwords from games and such and my passwords are horrendously hard. Most are 20 letters, numbers, dots and Upper/Lowercase.

I do computer programming in C# and some java and i like algorithm passwords

Better be defeated for a triumph than not to triumph by fear of failure!

  DMKano

Elite Member

Joined: 6/17/11
Posts: 5739

8/22/14 2:26:36 PM#34
Authenticators - use them. If OP used one this wouldn't have happened. OP - ask Trion support what IP was used to purchase that gift Archeum pack - it's not gonna be anywhere close to your country.
  Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Joined: 9/13/06
Posts: 19226

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

8/22/14 2:28:25 PM#35

Funny story though, when I purchased my AA Founder's pack back in May, they somehow managed to reactivate my 2+ year old RIFT reoccuring subscription.

Even though the exp date on that card had come and gone, I guess my bank just re-issued the card with the same number so they were able to charge me 14.99 which I caught on my statement.

At first they tried to argue with me saying I had screwed up somehow and there could be no refunds, but I kept pressing them and they relented.

I did go into the Trion website and remove all CC info for now, as you didn't need to actually subscribe to play the Alphas.

 

 

Arrogant, Condescending, Dismissive, Elitist, "Meany", you speak as if these are bad things?
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

  RS-Man

Novice Member

Joined: 4/17/14
Posts: 26

 
OP  8/22/14 2:45:17 PM#36
Originally posted by Kyleran

Funny story though, when I purchased my AA Founder's pack back in May, they somehow managed to reactivate my 2+ year old RIFT reoccuring subscription.

Even though the exp date on that card had come and gone, I guess my bank just re-issued the card with the same number so they were able to charge me 14.99 which I caught on my statement.

At first they tried to argue with me saying I had screwed up somehow and there could be no refunds, but I kept pressing them and they relented.

I did go into the Trion website and remove all CC info for now, as you didn't need to actually subscribe to play the Alphas.

 

 

What you've just said, confirms what shady business means...

Lol, i was even subbed for recurring payment with Archeage.

 

Here is the email of paypal cancelling it

Better be defeated for a triumph than not to triumph by fear of failure!

  Wolfhammer

Advanced Member

Joined: 12/11/08
Posts: 518

Bleh!

8/22/14 11:00:00 PM#37

RS Man you are talking out your bell end...  No company can invent a purchase..

 

How about you fuck off and troll elsewhere....

I'll taste your salty tears when I get back from my impending ban!!

P.S You're a fibbing twat!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search