Trending Games | WildStar | Guild Wars 2 | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,637,103 Users Online:0
Games:678  Posts:6,072,385
XLGAMES | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

ArcheAge Forum » General Discussion » A concerning Hartsman quote.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
31 posts found
  User Deleted
10/26/13 2:16:11 PM#21
Originally posted by xAPOCx

While reading the interview with Hartsman, one of his replies was very unsettleing for me.

HARTSMAN: Everyone wants the same thing, which is great: A great game that's
accessible, fair, and enjoyable to the largest number of people
possible. Truly.

This statement right here has me very worried. Were these some of the changes that were alluded to buy Hartsman from XLGames themselves? Will the "accessible, fair, and enjoyable to the largest number of people" version of AA be a shell of its Korean counterpart?

I think we were left with many more questions then ones that were answered by Hartsman. The bottom line is after reading that Q&A, I'm more worried then ever about the fate of the NA version of AA.

Im left wondering why the OP wants to buy Hartsman from XLGames........

xAPOCx

Apprentice Member

OP  10/26/13 2:23:24 PM#22
Originally posted by Torvaldr
Originally posted by Dihoru

While reading the interview with Hartsman, one of his replies was very unsettleing for me.

possible. Truly.

This statement right here has me very worried. Were these some of the changes that were alluded to buy Hartsman from XLGames themselves? Will the "accessible, fair, and enjoyable to the largest number of people" version of AA be a shell of its Korean counterpart?

I think we were left with many more questions then ones that were answered by Hartsman. The bottom line is after reading that Q&A, I'm more worried then ever about the fate of the NA version of AA.

You missed a word in your rant. EVE-Online is a fair game for example yet it isn't a kind game (even with the accessibility upgrades given to it for the low end players).

Im sorry you were trying to make sense?  Lets not single out words so its suits you. Lets work on the full statement and go from there shall we.

Indeed and you single out the word accessible and use it to turn the sentence into something it is not (which as mentioned previously is a generic CEO statement devoid of any real meaning) because lets face it if you scratch out the word accessible you will look like a fool grasping at straws (nothing new there my overly athletic friend).

There is an added level of humor and irony when you consider the answer the OP distorted was phrased within the context of the Russian payment model and how it would affect the players.

Hartsman in that statement referred to the "game". Perhaps he ment it as payment model but it doesn't read that way. When he said "game" instead of "payment model" it changed the way one would perceive his answer. Even withing the context of the question.

If he is indeed just speaking on payment model then my bad. If however his comment was broader in scoop and referred the "game" as a whole then thats something different all together.

xAPOCx

Apprentice Member

OP  10/26/13 2:29:25 PM#23
Originally posted by DMKano
?Originally posted by xAPOCx

possible. Truly.

OP - you left out the QUESTION - this response was to what type of payment model AA would be.

So obviously accessible to all, fair and enjoyable are alluding to the fact that ArcheAge will be F2P with the same model as Rift (which is IMO the best model on the market)

So Hartsman is NOT talking about ArcheAge gameplay at all, he is talking about payment model - the game will still have open world PvP that is brutal like it is in Korea.

So please stop taking things out of context - ArcheAge in US/EU will be exactly the same gameplay wise.

This remains to be seen.

And i hope that what he meant and wasn't generalizing the entire game its self.

InporylemQQ

Tipster

10/26/13 3:06:42 PM#24

In Korea they already tried to make it enjoyable for largest number of people and it failed miserably, since probably that wasn't what people wanted, they wanted ArcheAge what it was. All the changes to make it more theme parkish and appealing to everyone did not work. So what if Hartsman knows anything about Korean release he would do everything completely opposite or even better publish an older version of the game and stop fingering the game completely.

Sadly reading all those comments from the AMA shows he might have some outdated data of how the game is doing at Korea atm. ("We have a lot of faith that XL is on the right track with what they're doing with the game. ")

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

niceguy3978

Advanced Member

10/26/13 3:13:39 PM#25

possible. Truly.

You missed a word in your rant. EVE-Online is a fair game for example yet it isn't a kind game (even with the accessibility upgrades given to it for the low end players).

Im sorry you were trying to make sense?  Lets not single out words so its suits you. Lets work on the full statement and go from there shall we.

What was the question?  It sounds like an answer to a business model type question, but I can only guess, since you only stated the answer and not the question.

Edit:  I should have read through to the end, I see someone already answered this.  

cylon8

Advanced Member

10/26/13 3:17:51 PM#26
irregardless of how dumbed down it is, which I doubt as a publisher trion has much say in that, the extended localization delay is pushing this game out of gamers interest....all it will take is one Asian publisher to push out a similar game and trion might as well not even bother.

so say we all

Jinxys

Elite Member

10/28/13 4:34:28 AM#27
I'll just be happy when we get a working version of that game that we can play and sink our teeth into. I'm worried now that this game will fall of too many radar screens and sorta be forgotten. It's Trion's radio silence that concerns me. Eh time will tell though!
  tom_gore

Hard Core Member

10/28/13 5:14:52 AM#28

Does it matter anymore? It's not like AA is coming out in the west anytime soon. We have heard absolutely nothing from it since the summer, when they claimed it's launching this year.

I'm predicting end of 2014, if we're lucky.

XAleX360

Apprentice Member

11/10/13 3:49:05 AM#29
Originally posted by tom_gore

Does it matter anymore? It's not like AA is coming out in the west anytime soon. We have heard absolutely nothing from it since the summer, when they claimed it's launching this year.

I'm predicting end of 2014, if we're lucky.

That's admittedly sad, but even end of 2014, if they manage to incorporate all the changes made by XL Games, would still be before most of the upcoming sandbox games, except for The Repopulation perhaps.

World of Darkness isn't coming out in 2014 at 100%.

Pathfinder Online will only begin a very limited Early Enrollment.

Black Desert won't release in the West until 2015.

The only one would be Star Citizen, but it's going to be a very different kind of game anyway. 

Founder, CEO & Editor in Chief of Worlds Factory, a brand new videogame and entertainment online publication.

Torvaldr

Elite Member

Opportunist

11/10/13 5:05:49 PM#30
I think 2015 for a Black Desert release is incredibly optimistic. Has the game released yet? They still have to find and announce a western publisher. Then they need to do the translation and localization. I would expect 2016 to be more realistic, even 2017.
  rutaq

Elite Member

11/10/13 7:21:41 PM#31
Originally posted by Distopia

Accessible= Not bogged down by overly complicated controls or excessive micro management.

Fair= a balanced play-field

Enjoyable to the largest player-base possible= Successful.

What is wrong with any of this?

Hmm well for many players including myself what you predict could be horrible...

Accessible =  So streamline and easy to play that the game requires not thinking , no strategy, no coordination, no challenge beyond logging in and spamming 1-2-3 every few seconds while following glowing arrows.

Fair =  a balanced play-field  designed to the lowest common denominator with such lack of options, customization, choices that no one can make a mistake or lose including the ADHD kid that can only play for 13.5 minutes while watching TV, texting with friends and only using is left hand.

Enjoyable to the largest player-base possible =  certainly works for monetary success but the product you produce is about as good as the Pink Slime filled "Hamburgers" at McDonalds.

We don't know what direction Trion will take but if they follow the lead of the last 5 years of mainstream MMOs that have been crapped out by major developers than it could even be worse than I can imagine   :(

2 Pages « 1 2 Search