Trending Games | Wizard101 | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,249 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,267,696
XLGAMES | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/16/14)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

ArcheAge Forum » General Discussion » is people loosing interest in Archeage?

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 Search
103 posts found
  LlexX

Novice Member

9/08/13 9:24:19 AM#101
Originally posted by icculus2112

1.  Other sandbox games in the works

2.  Trion's rep has taken a downturn

3.  More people are realizing that ArcheAge is a PvP based game 

1. Really? I don't see any as rich in features as AA, and has an amazing graphic like AA. The sandboxes you are thinking about are just presenting you "ideas and promises" and not showing you working features.

2. Still, they have way better reputation than EA, NCSoft, SOE, Frogster...

3. You just went full retard with this statement, and this shows that you don't have a single clue about how the game works... i wish you were true with your statement (because i want a PvP centric game for once), but the truth is that the game is turned almost fully PVE.

icculus2112

Apprentice Member

9/08/13 10:29:34 AM#102
Originally posted by LlexX
Originally posted by icculus2112

1.  Other sandbox games in the works

2.  Trion's rep has taken a downturn

3.  More people are realizing that ArcheAge is a PvP based game 

1. Really? I don't see any as rich in features as AA, and has an amazing graphic like AA. The sandboxes you are thinking about are just presenting you "ideas and promises" and not showing you working features.

3. You just went full retard with this statement, and this shows that you don't have a single clue about how the game works... i wish you were true with your statement (because i want a PvP centric game for once), but the truth is that the game is turned almost fully PVE.

1.  But its features in a setting most players dont like.  If there werent other sandboxes in the works maybe people would be more open for the whole eastern pseudo steampunky weird vibe the game has.  Or they may be more willing to try a PvP centric game.  but since there are other titles on the horizon people are willing to wait.  

2.  The big advantage most of the studios have over Trion is you know they arent going anywhere.  trion is on some rocky ground with numerous under performing titles.  EA is hated more than nayone, and it wouldnt surprise anyone if they became EA-Trion.

3.  The problem is, there are large parts of the game designed around PvP.  And PvP is really an all or nothing thing.  if you make a sizable part of your game locked behind forced PvP, PvE players will dismiss it.  Look at EvE:  there is a lot to do without fear of PvP.  But many PvErs wont touch it with a 10 foot pole because their progression will eventually be interrupted by PvP.

Myria

Advanced Member

9/08/13 10:56:21 AM#103
Originally posted by LlexX

Not among people who spent money on Defiance, they don't.

Debacle is far too kind a word for what Trion has foisted off on the playerbase and both the episode "content" and the first DLC were an insult. The second DLC, with "grenadegate" is shaping up to be even worse.

At least the forums were amusing, as long as you don't mind constant bot spam that goes unmoderated for depressingly long periods.

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 Search