Trending Games | Marvel Heroes | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,922,098 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,315,132
XLGAMES | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/16/14)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

ArcheAge Forum » General Discussion » Timing of Archeage NA its worst enemy?

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
79 posts found
  Apraxis

Novice Member

8/23/13 5:54:25 PM#41

In the new interview (@mmorpg.com) hartman said they are working hard so they can get it out next year. I guess it was somewhat to expect, that we don't see ArcheAge this year.. but hopefully at least in the beginning of 2014, and not the end.

It is really somewhat annoying to wait for years, whereas it is already released in Korea for over 6 month. I really hope Korean developer will adapt in future projects and start a lot earlier to look for western partner that, so we see more a western release just a month or a few month later.. and not years.

Alders

Hard Core Member

I cannot fiddle but I can make a great state of a small city.

8/23/13 5:57:37 PM#42

Timing is always an issue for Korean MMO's.

This 6 month later release everywhere else nonsense should have stopped years ago.

dgarbini

Novice Member

8/23/13 6:03:49 PM#43
So here is a question to anyone in the 'know' what exactly takes so long for these conversions of eastern -> western or vise versa?  I know the translation does not take nearly that long, so what exactly is it that takes a year to process?
  Astraeis

Hard Core Member

8/23/13 6:45:48 PM#44
Originally posted by dgarbini
So here is a question to anyone in the 'know' what exactly takes so long for these conversions of eastern -> western or vise versa?  I know the translation does not take nearly that long, so what exactly is it that takes a year to process?

They have found one guy willing to do the translation, but he is still learning Korean.

Anyway. When you listen to what Scott Hartsman has to say on the matter you will hear between the lines that he blames XL games for the delay. From which you can conclude that the delay has nothing to do with the localization itself but is due to other stuff.

It takes one to know one.

Jabas

Elite Member

9/02/13 9:47:37 AM#45

AA is still the only mmo i want to try it, so for me timmin is not a issue.

A issue is i cant play it right now!!   :/

vidiotking

Novice Member

one in the bush is better than one in the hand.

9/13/13 10:54:48 AM#46

This, and EQN, are the only MMO's I'm looking forward to.

Is this game ever coming to the U.S.? I know 'they' say it is... but will it come out before EQL?

Because, as cool as I think AA looks, if EQL comes out first, it's the death of this game, for me anyway.

ROFLcopter13

Novice Member

9/17/13 7:54:16 PM#47
Originally posted by velmax
Timing has nothing to do with this, as long as its a good game, it will be successful. 

Actually it does. If you started playing EQN and 2 months later THIS game is released, id be hard pressed to think that you wouldnt want to abandon EQN if you are happy and enjoy playing it for ArcheAge when it comes out. So yes, timing means a lot.

Jockan

Hard Core Member

Playing TERA: Fate Of Auron

9/17/13 8:01:53 PM#48
Originally posted by ROFLcopter13
Timing has nothing to do with this, as long as its a good game, it will be successful. 

Actually it does. If you started playing EQN and 2 months later THIS game is released, id be hard pressed to think that you wouldnt want to abandon EQN if you are happy and enjoy playing it for ArcheAge when it comes out. So yes, timing means a lot.

I don't think so. With free to play games timing does not really matter. If Everquest 2 released today and ArcheAge released tomorrow people will try both games and play both if they like them. You don't have to abandon anything.  You only have to make a choice when it comes to sub based games.

Sephros

Novice Member

9/17/13 8:33:12 PM#49
Someone playing in korea, china, japan versions please pm me how I can join the servers. There are plenty online but im interested in hearing from people that actually did it. Thanks

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
Press F1 to continue......

vidiotking

Novice Member

9/18/13 10:59:25 PM#50
Originally posted by VastoHorde
Originally posted by ROFLcopter13

I don't think so. With free to play games timing does not really matter. If Everquest 2 released today and ArcheAge released tomorrow people will try both games and play both if they like them. You don't have to abandon anything.  You only have to make a choice when it comes to sub based games.

I have to disagree. Time is the issue, not money. I don't really have enough time to dedicate to 2 mmo's. I usually like to imerse myself, and w/ 2 games going on, it's hard. Between work, home ownership, and an 8 year old daughter, only 1 mmo at a time is usually a lot.

Blazeyer

Novice Member

:)

9/18/13 11:04:02 PM#51

If you don't think the delay in the release of this to NA is an issue then tell me how many people are still looking forward to Blade & Soul? lol

I used to salivate over AA, but now I doubt I'd even care if I got in the beta.

Teala

Spotlight Poster

"Really officer, they're herbs."

9/18/13 11:11:16 PM#52

Cars and bikinis are ArcheAges worst enemy in the NA market.

User Deleted
9/18/13 11:20:51 PM#53
I wouldn't say "Timing" is the worst enemy, but I would say that "Time" has been. When I first saw Archeage it blew me away. This was years ago. It's just not impressive anymore since other games have caught up and in some ways passed them. They haven't really been able to pull off all of the insane ideas that Jake Song and the crew were musing about and it's looking more and more generic as each month passes without concrete release information. It's simply 2-3 years too late.
  AmbrosiaAmor

Novice Member

9/19/13 4:41:42 AM#54
Originally posted by Teala

Cars and bikinis...

Vroom! Vroom! Honk! Honk!

bound4hades

Advanced Member

9/19/13 8:05:41 AM#55
Originally posted by Roxtarr
I wouldn't say "Timing" is the worst enemy, but I would say that "Time" has been. When I first saw Archeage it blew me away. This was years ago. It's just not impressive anymore since other games have caught up and in some ways passed them. They haven't really been able to pull off all of the insane ideas that Jake Song and the crew were musing about and it's looking more and more generic as each month passes without concrete release information. It's simply 2-3 years too late.

Other games have caught up how? Please fill me in on how and what? I currently play AA and I can't think of anything any current  mmo is doing better that it wasn't before.

The gfx are some of the best of any mmo or any top video games on the market. It hasn't been surpassed or even been caught up to.

The quests are like all other games, so not here.

Crafting is not how it was at first beta, but really nothing that any other game has caught up to.

Are you just butt hurt that it took a few years?

vidiotking

Novice Member

9/19/13 10:16:13 AM#56

I am 'butt hurt'. I want to play this game... 

Right now I'm playing FF XIV, it's ok, but(t) it's not what I'm looking for really.

How are you playing it? 

bcbully

Elite Member

9/19/13 10:23:21 AM#57
It needs to drop now, next week. Not this winter (EQN:L). Not in the spring (ESO).
  Sovrath

Elite Member

9/19/13 10:31:19 AM#58
Originally posted by Hokie

Historically "Eastern" MMOs havent done that well in the "Western" market.

So yes waiting is about as stupid is as stupid does.

If historically Eastern games have not done well then what does it matter?

It will come out when it comes out and then those who are usually interested in Eastern mmo's will buy the game.

Essentially "those who want the game will buy it" regardless of release.

cnutemp

Apprentice Member

9/19/13 10:35:36 AM#59
Originally posted by Teala

Cars and bikinis are ArcheAges worst enemy in the NA market.

says who?  Could care less about either, I want my sandbox / player built castles.

Stone_Fountain

Apprentice Member

"Death is certain, life is not."

9/19/13 11:14:40 AM#60
Well, I'm not much into GTA titles (snicker) but they are popular. AA looks promising but I am just not a fan of the art styles. That said if it is released and the post release reviews are very positive I might have to ignore my minor pet peeves and give it a try anyway. (I do not remember if it will be sub or not) Sub games have an audience just like F2P games do but many F2P players do not have parental permission to pay a sub. The game might be pretty good to but I am all about people playing the games that they love for as long as they can. As someone said, a good game is a good game regardless of when it is released but price tags now are not cheap. $60 followed by another $60 will make a difference for some people when 2 great games are released at the same time. Before or after is the way to go. Personally, EQN, ESO, AA, all these games are front runners for the masses. EQN for consolers, and AA/ESO for the PCers respectfully though FFARR has a great following already and for the non 40hour a week gaming crowd, they have alot of months left for more content to surface. 

First PC Game: Pool of Radiance July 10th, 1990. First MMO: Everquest April 23, 1999

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search