Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,782,750 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,192,215
XLGAMES | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

ArcheAge Forum » General Discussion » AA nerfs Crafting

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
81 posts found
  Doogiehowser

Hard Core Member

7/14/13 5:59:41 AM#61
Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
Originally posted by BadSpock

I found this interesting - seems the slide to mediocrity on this game is both sudden and tragic for those excited about this title.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07/11/lost-continent-should-we-worry-about-archeages-crafting/#continued

"So what exactly happened? I'll let KeksX, the author of the aforementioned review, explain. "Crafting in ArcheAge is a really controversial topic. In CBT3 (or 4? I forget), the crafting was really different," he wrote. "There was great item decay, synthesis and all that funsie stuff for hardcore crafters. But because of exactly that, Jake Song and his company decided to put it out. They replaced it with a system that has RNG and not that much item decay anymore; also the item synthesis is out."

Song addressed the controversy directly via his Twitter account late last year. "Most users didn't like the system except hardcore crafters. So we removed it. Sorry," he wrote.

And that appears to be that. ArcheAge, while never advertised as a hardcore sandbox, was at one point shaping up to be a sandpark with a crafting system that actually made crafters an integral part of the game instead of relegating them to the second-class citizen status that they occupy in most of the MMOs released in recent years."

So ArcheAge is no longer a "sandpark with a crafting system that actually made crafters an integral part of the game."

It's really looking more and more to be a themepark with open world housing and RvR. Not a bad thing, for those who want such a thing, but each day new information comes out it seems less and less likely this game is going to really meet the hopes and dreams of the sandbox/sandpark crowd.

Lol that sucks I suppose the casuals get another win under their belt for destroying another game :)

AA is still a lot more casual unfriendly than FFXIV. If you can enjoy that game then why not AA?

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

Mothanos

Elite Member

7/14/13 6:02:57 AM#62

Another mmo that will go down the drain that had much promise.
RNG is the worse of the worse stuff in gaming, does anyone even like that crap ?
Aion is the prime example of not doing that shit -_-

Wonders what goes into the mind of developers these days hmm.....:(

http://speedtest.net/result/2112016336.png

MMOExposed

Spotlight Poster

7/14/13 6:06:02 AM#63

I found this interesting - seems the slide to mediocrity on this game is both sudden and tragic for those excited about this title.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07/11/lost-continent-should-we-worry-about-archeages-crafting/#continued

"So what exactly happened? I'll let KeksX, the author of the aforementioned review, explain. "Crafting in ArcheAge is a really controversial topic. In CBT3 (or 4? I forget), the crafting was really different," he wrote. "There was great item decay, synthesis and all that funsie stuff for hardcore crafters. But because of exactly that, Jake Song and his company decided to put it out. They replaced it with a system that has RNG and not that much item decay anymore; also the item synthesis is out."

Song addressed the controversy directly via his Twitter account late last year. "Most users didn't like the system except hardcore crafters. So we removed it. Sorry," he wrote.

And that appears to be that. ArcheAge, while never advertised as a hardcore sandbox, was at one point shaping up to be a sandpark with a crafting system that actually made crafters an integral part of the game instead of relegating them to the second-class citizen status that they occupy in most of the MMOs released in recent years."

So ArcheAge is no longer a "sandpark with a crafting system that actually made crafters an integral part of the game."

It's really looking more and more to be a themepark with open world housing and RvR. Not a bad thing, for those who want such a thing, but each day new information comes out it seems less and less likely this game is going to really meet the hopes and dreams of the sandbox/sandpark crowd.

Again, the reality that Hardcore Sandbox or hardcore MMO gamers in general are a niche group that isn't profitable.

SpottyGekko

Elite Member

7/14/13 6:23:35 AM#64
Originally posted by MMOExposed

Again, the reality that Hardcore Sandbox or hardcore MMO gamers in general are a niche group that isn't profitable.

That's a fallacy.

The correct argument is: "Making an MMO for "hardcore sandbox players" will be less profitable than making an MMO for the average MMO player". Clearly, WoW makes more profit than EVE-Online.

Profitable is relative. EVE-Online appears to be meeting the profit expectations of its developers, even though it's clearly aimed at only "hardcore MMO players" 

Doogiehowser

Hard Core Member

7/14/13 6:47:11 AM#65
Originally posted by SpottyGekko

That's a fallacy.

The correct argument is: "Making an MMO for "hardcore sandbox players" will be less profitable than making an MMO for the average MMO player". Clearly, WoW makes more profit than EVE-Online.

Profitable is relative. EVE-Online appears to be meeting the profit expectations of its developers, even though it's clearly aimed at only "hardcore MMO players" 

Yeah but it depends upon the company and investors and how much money they spent on development. So comparison with EVE Online is not correct. 

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

DarthRaiden

Advanced Member

i make art,
till someone dies.

Forum Terrorist

7/14/13 10:23:49 AM#66

The game is not published here.

Trion has a chance to not ruin it and offers us the best version which includes item decay !

We aren't koreans, we like quality xperience !

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
$OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

drakaena

Hard Core Member

7/14/13 10:48:42 AM#67

At no point (besides a brief trial in an early CBT) was there ever going to be item decay in AA. Never. Again, there is no nerf.

I would advise posters only reading the OP and posting to go back through this thread and read Lexx's posts. 

Ideally would I prefer item decay? Yes. But that is equivalent to arguing  "OMG they nerfed sieges because they have a player number cap". When in reality this has always been known from years ago. 

I usually like your posts BadSpock but this is just straight trolling.

At some point people are just going to have to accept a games faults and appreciate what it does offer (and AA offers A LOT for the old school sandbox crowd) otherwise we will always be waiting on the next thing, until real info comes out on that and we realize it isn't ideal and are left waiting again, and again, etc. 

But EQN will get it right, right? Zzz.

I have played AA. It isn't perfect. There are things I like and dislike. But overall I would recommend it to any gamer looking for a player driven open world MMO experience. 

People call it a sandpark but the themepark is really only experienced during leveling to transition players to end-game which is very sandboxy.

Dihoru

Elite Member

7/14/13 11:02:01 AM#68
Originally posted by Doogiehowser

That's a fallacy.

Yeah but it depends upon the company and investors and how much money they spent on development. So comparison with EVE Online is not correct. 

Or in CPP's case: How awesome the devs are.

DarthRaiden

Advanced Member

i make art,
till someone dies.

Forum Terrorist

7/14/13 11:41:49 AM#69
Originally posted by drakaena

At no point (besides a brief trial in an early CBT) was there ever going to be item decay in AA. Never. Again, there is no nerf.

I would advise posters only reading the OP and posting to go back through this thread and read Lexx's posts. 

Ideally would I prefer item decay? Yes. But that is equivalent to arguing  "OMG they nerfed sieges because they have a player number cap". When in reality this has always been known from years ago. 

I usually like your posts BadSpock but this is just straight trolling.

At some point people are just going to have to accept a games faults and appreciate what it does offer (and AA offers A LOT for the old school sandbox crowd) otherwise we will always be waiting on the next thing, until real info comes out on that and we realize it isn't ideal and are left waiting again, and again, etc. 

But EQN will get it right, right? Zzz.

I have played AA. It isn't perfect. There are things I like and dislike. But overall I would recommend it to any gamer looking for a player driven open world MMO experience. 

People call it a sandpark but the themepark is really only experienced during leveling to transition players to end-game which is very sandboxy.

It weas enabled during beta test and just got removed because of Koreans.

We would like it enabled on the Eu and NA servers. We like quality over crapify.

Trion enable item decay again to not crapify AA ! We believe you want to release the best possible version.

It was enabled with the plan to release and just koreans hinderend this for their servers. we no Koreans !

What koreans disabled we want to be enabled, that is Item decay !

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
$OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

ste2000

Apprentice Member

7/14/13 2:27:35 PM#70

Problem is that Asian love PvP (any kind) while NA/EU players are more into other activities (crafting included)

I think Trion should try with the first version of crafting for the Western release.................crafting shouldn't be for everyone.

OG_Zorvan

Apprentice Member

7/14/13 2:48:23 PM#71
Originally posted by steelwind
Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Trion isn't developing the game, XL Games is and since Trion is only in charge of localization, a change as big as this one I feel is unreasonable to think XL Games will support. Trion has already stated that any suggestions or changes they may forward along to XL Game will likely be implemented for both regions not just NA. A more realistic possibility is for XL Games to change both the KR and NA versions back to item decay as they are just too fundamentally different to expect XL Games to support both a RNGed based system (KR) and item decay (NA).

Truth be told I would love to see it changed back but I just don't see that happening, that ship has sailed.

Which is why AA is going to tank when it hits the West. Sorry, but what works for Koreans does not work for us.

EA CEO John Riccitiello's on future microtransactions: "When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging."

Dihoru

Elite Member

7/15/13 3:31:48 AM#72
Originally posted by OG_Zorvan

Trion isn't developing the game, XL Games is and since Trion is only in charge of localization, a change as big as this one I feel is unreasonable to think XL Games will support. Trion has already stated that any suggestions or changes they may forward along to XL Game will likely be implemented for both regions not just NA. A more realistic possibility is for XL Games to change both the KR and NA versions back to item decay as they are just too fundamentally different to expect XL Games to support both a RNGed based system (KR) and item decay (NA).

Truth be told I would love to see it changed back but I just don't see that happening, that ship has sailed.

Which is why AA is going to tank when it hits the West. Sorry, but what works for Koreans does not work for us.

What works for Icelanders/Europeans would never work with the US...oh wait...

Informer80

Novice Member

7/15/13 8:10:48 AM#73

I have no hope for a return of the item decay system in NA :(

Mr. Songs twitter post ruined it all :(

botrytis

Advanced Member

7/15/13 8:37:03 AM#74

That's a fallacy.

No it is not a fallacy. The graphics in EVE are easy to render. I mean dots in space? If you made an actually complex game graphically, that would be one thing - Eve graphics are simplicity itself.  That is why Eve Online is profitable, they only have to deal with the underlying systems - graphics need not apply (it is more like a forum, which is relatively easy to deal with).

"In 50 years, when I talk to my grandchildren about these days, I'll make sure to mention what an accomplished MMO player I was. They are going to be so proud ..."
by Naqaj - 7/17/2013 MMORPG.com forum

Doogiehowser

Hard Core Member

7/15/13 8:43:11 AM#75
Originally posted by Dihoru
Originally posted by OG_Zorvan

What works for Icelanders/Europeans would never work with the US...oh wait...

Western/ European games are quite successful with players from these two regions because of similar design philosophies and play styles.

So yes he got a point. What works in Asian market mostly never works here with exception of FF series. Similarly a lot of western MMOS tried to make a foothold in Asian market but haven't had much success.

-Jesse Schell

-Luke McKinney

BadSpock

Hard Core Member

Logic be damned!

OP  7/15/13 8:57:52 AM#76

Just going off what I saw was posted.

I read the post at Massively at face value, as if the writer there was accurate and factual.

I didn't see any mention of the same topic on the forums here, so I decided to repost it as I know there is a lot of love/hype for AA on these boards.

Now Playing: D3:RoS, Watch Dogs
Looking Towards: Destiny

lizardbones

Elite Member

I've become dependent upon spell check. My apologies for stupid grammatical errors.

7/15/13 9:11:41 AM#77

Originally posted by ste2000
Problem is that Asian love PvP (any kind) while NA/EU players are more into other activities (crafting included)

I think Trion should try with the first version of crafting for the Western release.................crafting shouldn't be for everyone.

They didn't make the change so that crafting would be for everyone. They made the change because most of the people on the server didn't like dealing with item decay for the sake of the few craftspeople that existed.

They had a choice between one group and another group, and they chose the much larger group.

Or maybe they did want everyone to do some crafting. Meh. They still chose the large group over the small group because they couldn't please both groups.

For every large, complex problem, there is a simple, clear solution that also happens to be absolutely wrong.

InporylemQQ

Tipster

7/15/13 2:55:06 PM#78
I like when people call the new crappy rng crafting less "hardcore" than what the easy crafting with item decay was.

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

Foomerang

Elite Member

A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still

7/15/13 3:07:43 PM#79

Originally posted by Benedikt

Originally posted by muffins89 most players don't want deep crafting mmo's.  who knew?  oh,  the developers of 99% of the mmo's to release n the last ten years.
yeah and thats the reason why not to put in .... because we would not want people who dont really like crafting not to be able to.

QFT
I dont understand why devs make game systems shitty for the sake of attracting people to a system they dont really like anyway. You already got em playing for the combat/pvp, you dont need to dumb down crafting to keep them "more" playing.

If you thought the events were dynamic, you'll think the stories are living.

LlexX

Novice Member

7/15/13 3:23:41 PM#80
Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by Benedikt

Originally posted by muffins89 most players don't want deep crafting mmo's.  who knew?  oh,  the developers of 99% of the mmo's to release n the last ten years.
yeah and thats the reason why not to put in .... because we would not want people who dont really like crafting not to be able to.

QFT
I dont understand why devs make game systems shitty for the sake of attracting people to a system they dont really like anyway. You already got em playing for the combat/pvp, you dont need to dumb down crafting to keep them "more" playing.

Since you are such an expert with the AA crafting mechanics to say this, please explain to the others who are still not familiar with this crafting system, explain in detail how it works, and why is it shitty!

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search