Trending Games | WildStar | ArcheAge | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,032 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,491
XLGAMES | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Beta Testing  (est.rel 09/16/14)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

ArcheAge Forum » General Discussion » Happy 100th day ArcheAge

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
29 posts found
  Hatefull

Hard Core Member

Your tears make my gun work better.

5/16/13 6:07:25 AM#21
Originally posted by SavageHorizon
Originally posted by Hatefull
Originally posted by asmkm22
For what it's worth, I don't think the Asian market is very receptive to open-world standbox style games.  They seem to like a lot of structure in their culture.

Yeah right lol, Age Of Wushu had 20 million player in china alone think it's dropped to 15 million now, only the west understands sandbox, right lol.

Some of the best looking, feature packed sandbox mmo's are coming from Asia in the next few years.

Off-topic

I bet the western mmo media would like to receive this http://www.mmoculture.com/2013/05/archeage-preview-of-awesome-media-gift-bag-as-debut-test-nears/

That's some media gift bag, Ccan you see Trion or a western dev team doing this, nope.

No one is bashing Korean game designers or developers.

Yes, I can see Trion doing all manner of stuff to promote AA, but again, you have to play to your audience.  We have different tastes in games, Koreans tend to stick with their games as more of a social gathering, where as we tend to move along, playing several games in a year. 

Age of Wushu is not a sandbox, not nearly as sandbox as AA looks to be at any rate.  I alpha tested Age of Wushu and played up through open beta, and I would bet their subscription numbers are based more on free to play than anything else.

Anyway, way off topic, glad to see AA is going strong and I can't wait for it to release here.

Lol, Age Of Wushu is as much sandbox as ArcheAge is but both are really hybrids. 

Wow...no not at all not sure where you are dreaming this up , but can you build a castle in Age of wushu? no you can't you can't even have your own house.  so you are really wrong there, or you don't understand what sandbox is.

2.  Every developer that invites press and special guests into their studio for a preview give the press and guests some sort of swag.  Its pretty much common knowledge.

While I can appreciate your passion, your statements are based on opinions and misinformation, I am just pointing out the inaccuracies. 

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

SavageHorizon

Advanced Member

5/16/13 11:35:31 AM#22
Originally posted by asmkm22
For what it's worth, I don't think the Asian market is very receptive to open-world standbox style games.  They seem to like a lot of structure in their culture.

Yeah right lol, Age Of Wushu had 20 million player in china alone think it's dropped to 15 million now, only the west understands sandbox, right lol.

Some of the best looking, feature packed sandbox mmo's are coming from Asia in the next few years.

Off-topic

I bet the western mmo media would like to receive this http://www.mmoculture.com/2013/05/archeage-preview-of-awesome-media-gift-bag-as-debut-test-nears/

That's some media gift bag, Ccan you see Trion or a western dev team doing this, nope.

No one is bashing Korean game designers or developers.

Yes, I can see Trion doing all manner of stuff to promote AA, but again, you have to play to your audience.  We have different tastes in games, Koreans tend to stick with their games as more of a social gathering, where as we tend to move along, playing several games in a year. 

Age of Wushu is not a sandbox, not nearly as sandbox as AA looks to be at any rate.  I alpha tested Age of Wushu and played up through open beta, and I would bet their subscription numbers are based more on free to play than anything else.

Anyway, way off topic, glad to see AA is going strong and I can't wait for it to release here.

Lol, Age Of Wushu is as much sandbox as ArcheAge is but both are really hybrids. 

Wow...no not at all not sure where you are dreaming this up , but can you build a castle in Age of wushu? no you can't you can't even have your own house.  so you are really wrong there, or you don't understand what sandbox is.

2.  Every developer that invites press and special guests into their studio for a preview give the press and guests some sort of swag.  Its pretty much common knowledge.

While I can appreciate your passion, your statements are based on opinions and misinformation, I am just pointing out the inaccuracies. 

WTF are you talking about?

You can build forts, own guild territory and defend it, attack guild forts, guild wars, own land.

Farming, courts, prison, player policing in fact the games have quite a bit in common other than the theme.

300 people plus another 80 from assisting players and another 80 from Jianghu.

I could go on but i'm off to the gym but at least know what you are talking about before you actually post.

I'm not saying one is better than the other because they are both good game but make no mistake both games fall into the same category.

Hybrid mmo's.

They are not full sandbox mmo like Wurm Online or numerous other full sandbox mmo's.

You learn something new everyday, hey?

While i appreciate your passion, your statements are based on opinions and misinformation, i am just pointing out the inaccuracies.

Coolermaster Cosmos II Case
Corsair AX1200W Modular PSU
Intel Core i7 3970X OC 4.50GHz
Asus P9X79 PRO Intel X7
16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-1866MHz
840 Series 250GB SSDs
Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDDs
EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN 6GB GDDR5 SLi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0i88t0Kacs

Killsmallchi

Novice Member

Don't be simple

5/16/13 11:42:56 AM#23
Oh snap girl! *grabs popcorn*

Bossalinie

Apprentice Member

5/16/13 11:52:39 AM#24
Dayyyyummm...someone got told...
  Pivotelite

Novice Member

5/16/13 11:57:35 AM#25
Originally posted by Kumapon

At least it isn't Tera where it was just a massive bomb..lol

TERA stayed in the top 10 in South Korea for the first year it was released, dropped as low as 20 and climbed back to 11 with F2P and is currently sitting 15th after 2.5 years.

Archeage is ahead of the pace(7th after 3 months, TERA was 2nd), so it's going to be a megabomb if TERA was a bomb.

AmbrosiaAmor

Elite Member

5/16/13 2:29:59 PM#26
Originally posted by Killsmallchi
Oh snap girl! *grabs popcorn*

Mhmm! You go girl! You go on and tell them who is moving on up! Happy Birthday Kumapon!

Kumapon

Apprentice Member

OP  5/16/13 8:08:48 PM#27

Originally posted by Pivotelite

Originally posted by Kumapon At least it isn't Tera where it was just a massive bomb..lol
TERA stayed in the top 10 in South Korea for the first year it was released, dropped as low as 20 and climbed back to 11 with F2P and is currently sitting 15th after 2.5 years.

Archeage is ahead of the pace(7th after 3 months, TERA was 2nd), so it's going to be a megabomb if TERA was a bomb.

Hey I like Tera as well, you should see all those Tera posts I made back in the day. But the numbers don't lie. So there is no point in getting all upset over it.

Kumapon

Apprentice Member

OP  5/16/13 8:24:16 PM#28

Originally posted by Sukiyaki
I'm more inclined now about the updates the game received over the past and are planed ahead.

I can only make so much about some few trailer and patch notes.

Have more zones been added lately? Or any soon?

Off the top of my head, Xl games has added this past month :

- 2 new regions on the Northern continent

- Open dungeon under the ocean

- 10 man instance pve dungeon

- 5 vs 5 PVP BG

- New islands with bosses on them

- New Heroic World boss that lives under the ocean.

maccarthur2004

Hard Core Member

5/18/13 9:51:01 AM#29
Originally posted by Zornhau
Originally posted by coretex666

How is AA doing in Korea?

Is the population stable?Is it rising?Is it bleeding subs?

Not sure about subs but according to gamenote ranking it's held steady at #7 after falling from #3 since the start.

Top 10:

1) League of Legend

2) Sudden Attack

3) FIFA Online 3

4) Lineage

5) Blade & Soul

6) Aion

7) Archeage

8) Cypher Online

9) Critical

10) Diablo 3

So, the only P2P mmorpg above Archeage is Blade & Soul (a martial arts mmo?). If yes, it's very good the AA's position.

"What we are aiming in ArcheAge is to let the players feel the true fun of MMORPG by forming a community like real life by interacting with other players, whether it be conflict or cooperation." (Jake Song)

2 Pages « 1 2 Search