Trending Games | War Thunder | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,666 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,295,905
XLGAMES | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/16/14)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

ArcheAge Forum » General Discussion » Beware of the Evils of the Red Light District !

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search
87 posts found
  JuggernaughtMan

Apprentice Member

4/23/13 3:43:30 PM#81
Originally posted by Telondariel
Originally posted by coretex666
Originally posted by Tayah
Is this really in ArcheAge? If so, I've just lost complete interest in this game.

Just the pure existence of the place in the MMO makes you lose interest in it?

Who are you

You make it sound like an unreasonable thing that someone wouldn't want to financially support a game that panders to the sex market.  There are many other games out there that are entertaining without having gone this route.   The reveal of this aspect of Archeage will deter people who don't want this in their virtual playtime.  I highly doubt this will make it into the Western version though. 

Pandering to the sex market? Wow, they must also be pandering to the to Somalian pirates since they have piracy in this game. Yeah, fuck this game!

/sarcasm

Are you fucking trolling?

Edit: Also, im quite sure Trion can't physically make changes to the game other than language localization. They can however make suggestions and be in communication with XLGames.

Talonsin

Spotlight Poster

4/23/13 3:48:59 PM#82
Is this really in ArcheAge? If so, I've just lost complete interest in this game.

I'm sure there are some half-naked men in the game if that is your interest...   :)

Shana77

Apprentice Member

4/23/13 3:55:09 PM#83

First time ArchAge interests me. 

Also the idea that they will change it for the west is silly. Most of the games with sexual content (and certainly the most perverted ones) are actually from the west, Sociolotron, Age of Conan, Uhterverses Red Light District, Second Life just to name a few. 

Also fun fact. The main social RP gathering point in Neverwinter Online is the Moonstone Mask, which is a brothel. 

Siveria

Spotlight Poster

4/23/13 3:56:04 PM#84

I never had much interest myself, from what I read it just sounds like a greif fest if your not lucky enough to build your home in the safe zone. Then again if its a f2p I'll probally try it out, but I won't expect much. How is the combat? it looks like generic mmo fare from pictures and such. But like every non-us made game that comes to the us it'll prob get butchered with horrible dubbing and parts of the game cut for no really good reason. I know due to liscensing they sometimes cannot afford to have the orignal say japanese va in a jrpg, or space on the disc issues. But if your going to dub a jrpg at least hire people who can actually ya know.. act, insted of just blindly read lines off a script, oh and also, try to hire people who fit the char. I tried p3p dubbed then the undub and the chars feel totally diffrent in the undub, mostly because they actually act in the jp ver, where in the us one they seem to just read their lines not caring.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

edenzero

Novice Member

4/23/13 5:03:19 PM#85
Originally posted by Siveria

I never had much interest myself, from what I read it just sounds like a greif fest if your not lucky enough to build your home in the safe zone. Then again if its a f2p I'll probally try it out, but I won't expect much. How is the combat? it looks like generic mmo fare from pictures and such. But like every non-us made game that comes to the us it'll prob get butchered with horrible dubbing and parts of the game cut for no really good reason. I know due to liscensing they sometimes cannot afford to have the orignal say japanese va in a jrpg, or space on the disc issues. But if your going to dub a jrpg at least hire people who can actually ya know.. act, insted of just blindly read lines off a script, oh and also, try to hire people who fit the char. I tried p3p dubbed then the undub and the chars feel totally diffrent in the undub, mostly because they actually act in the jp ver, where in the us one they seem to just read their lines not caring.

so wrong on so many levels

but  to not have interest in X and still check it out and post and even try to get info from it...are you from USA? always with a cool story

Shana77

Apprentice Member

6/12/13 1:46:50 PM#86
I hope this feature will be in the western version of the game and the "moral knights" stay away. 
  sxvs

Novice Member

6/12/13 2:53:18 PM#87

how does this turn into american bashing? too each their own, if some people don't want to play it because of this.. fair enough, if it doesn't bother others... again cool.

but no need to bring anti american agenda into it.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search