Trending Games | WildStar | Guild Wars 2 | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,637,057 Users Online:0
Games:678  Posts:6,072,347
XLGAMES | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

ArcheAge Forum » General Discussion » Trion needs to hurry with this...

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
66 posts found
  Thomas2006

Hard Core Member

2/20/13 10:25:00 AM#41

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by botrytis

Where is this information coming from? Just because of the look of the game?  Please post sources - or it is just more hype. The Eastern market for MMO's is HUGE compared to Western markets so saying that is counter-intuitive.
it's more true that they made the game with the idea that it would be launched globally, not that they specifically made it for the west as he indicates:

Jake Song:  We started developing ArcheAge with global service in mind.  During my stay with NCsoft, I worked a couple of years out of the LA and Austin office with American colleagues.  I had a chance to experience the North American market first hand as well as work with American developers.

What we are aiming in ArcheAge is to let the players feel the true fun of MMORPG by forming a community like real life by interacting with other players, whether it be conflict or cooperation. The motto of ArcheAge is ‘A world made by you!’  I think the Western game players are excited about and looking forward to such aspects of ArcheAge.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/feature/7069

I didnt mean the Western market in that sense. I meant Western market Sandbox games. Because sandbox games are something that the Eastern market does not really get to see much of. It's a Western audience thing. Thats what I meant.

As far as how the game is designed. Anyone can hope in and play the Korean version right now. You can easily tell that its about as far from what most Asian MMO games are as you can really get.

http://www.twitch.tv/atra_astrum

Is a UK streamer and she streams Archeage all the time. The game is built around sandbox ideals. Farming, crafting goods to transport and sell, seiging, the jury system, ect.

http://www.twitch.tv/thraay Streaming: ArcheAge

botrytis

Advanced Member

2/20/13 10:26:18 AM#42

Where is this information coming from? Just because of the look of the game?  Please post sources - or it is just more hype.

The Eastern market for MMO's is HUGE compared to Western markets so saying that is counter-intuitive.

it's more true that they made the game with the idea that it would be launched globally, not that they specifically made it for the west as he indicates:

Jake Song:  We started developing ArcheAge with global service in mind.  During my stay with NCsoft, I worked a couple of years out of the LA and Austin office with American colleagues.  I had a chance to experience the North American market first hand as well as work with American developers.

What we are aiming in ArcheAge is to let the players feel the true fun of MMORPG by forming a community like real life by interacting with other players, whether it be conflict or cooperation. The motto of ArcheAge is ‘A world made by you!’  I think the Western game players are excited about and looking forward to such aspects of ArcheAge.

The same can be said for all newer MMO's - I think this is just a non-starter and hyperbole on Jake's part.

Remember, Ford came out with 'world cars' before and the US and Canada did not buy them at all. Catering to all means pleasing none and one can endup with a piece of crap at the end.

Not trying to down play the game, I may try it but, the HYPE TRAIN for ArchAge makes GW2 look silly and small in comparison.

"In 50 years, when I talk to my grandchildren about these days, I'll make sure to mention what an accomplished MMO player I was. They are going to be so proud ..."
by Naqaj - 7/17/2013 MMORPG.com forum

Nitth

Elite Member

Magic Propels my Rolly Chair.

2/20/13 10:29:53 AM#43

Originally posted by Dampyre
hury = horrible game , the reason the asian games are statistically less buggy than NA ones is cause they take their time, hurry is always bad.

I Don't believe that. Ive always believed they are educated better and culturally hardwired to succeed.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

coretex666

Elite Member

"I shall take your position into consideration"

2/20/13 10:32:25 AM#44

Where is this information coming from? Just because of the look of the game?  Please post sources - or it is just more hype.

The Eastern market for MMO's is HUGE compared to Western markets so saying that is counter-intuitive.

The same can be said for all newer MMO's - I think this is just a non-starter and hyperbole on Jake's part.

Remember, Ford came out with 'world cars' before and the US and Canada did not buy them at all. Catering to all means pleasing none and one can endup with a piece of crap at the end.

Not trying to down play the game, I may try it but, the HYPE TRAIN for ArchAge makes GW2 look silly and small in comparison.

I do not think this is true. Look at AA, it is not even the most hyped game on this website. This forum section is rather dead.

To the OP, I do not think they should hurry with this game. I would prefer if they released a finished product,

Playing: Chronicle 1
Waiting for: None of the games already announced

My game concept thread: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/369707 (any feedback appreciated)

Frenetic

Apprentice Member

2/20/13 4:45:23 PM#45

I'm hyped. 

So many MMOs have come out with less than spectacular housing.

Even Aion with so much work put into it doesn't have multi-level homes. (Even though some houses look multi-level from the outside) They are ALL one boring boxed room with no real windows we can open or close. Very fail.

Age of Conan started doing guild cities right - and then failed to let us decorate them with our own furniture/colors/emblems/putting things wherever we want. Another major fail. So much potential there. They even have chickens you can buy, but you can't interact with them to get eggs or kill them for meat.

I hope ArcheAge gives us tons of more furniture and more land with upcoming expansions. 

I can see a storm coming with how many people want to build houses on the PvE lands. There simply isn't enough space.

If anything, they should give players incentive to want to build on the pvp continent - like crops/livestock produce faster or more quantities. Right now there's no reason to want to build there that I've come accross. 

Ehllfhire

Advanced Member

Playing the FFXIV 2.0 Demo

2/22/13 12:13:31 PM#46
I cant wait for it myself. Finally a real MMO

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
PS3

MightyChasm

Advanced Member

2/22/13 12:16:30 PM#47
Trion certainly need to hurry, I imagine their cashflow is a little, in professional terms, shit.  Wish them well with this because they seem like a good firm.  
  Onomas

Hard Core Member

Sandbox is your only hope for a decent mmo ;)

2/22/13 12:21:45 PM#48
Originally posted by Dampyre
hury = horrible game , the reason the asian games are statistically less buggy than NA ones is cause they take their time, hurry is always bad.

Not true at all.  The game mechanics are already complete, quests, world, and everything else is complete. The only thing needs done is translation (which they were working on even before Trion became an issue), and to probably westernize it. That is what causes bugs and issues, changing the program and game.. Just leave it alone and translate.

And honeslty i can deal with translation issues as long as the key game features are done. Need this game soon ;)

But then again this and the repopulation may be a tough choice to pick from. Might play both .........

Hatefull

Hard Core Member

Your tears make my gun work better.

2/22/13 12:25:29 PM#49

Of note.  Trion is NOT the developer of this game.  They  are the Publisher for the Eestern release.  Huge difference.  Basically, Trion, can not rush anything as they will only publish what XL develops and translates.  All good imo.

The grpahics are stil in BETA, even in Korea, they are not optimized for release and you are watching them via youtube or some other form of 2nd hand video software.  So they will look sketchy.

The combat is the only weak point of serious note and as others have mentioned that is only due to recent advances genre wide in how comabt is conducted on a personal level.  The Engine they are using, Crysis is amazing and well develped.

I recommend, sit back, relax, and wait for this thing to get here.  imo, this game can only get better with time.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

MightyChasm

Advanced Member

2/22/13 12:39:37 PM#50
Originally posted by Hatefull

Of note.  Trion is NOT the developer of this game.  They  are the Publisher for the Eestern release.  Huge difference.  Basically, Trion, can not rush anything as they will only publish what XL develops and translates.  All good imo.

The grpahics are stil in BETA, even in Korea, they are not optimized for release and you are watching them via youtube or some other form of 2nd hand video software.  So they will look sketchy.

The combat is the only weak point of serious note and as others have mentioned that is only due to recent advances genre wide in how comabt is conducted on a personal level.  The Engine they are using, Crysis is amazing and well develped.

I recommend, sit back, relax, and wait for this thing to get here.  imo, this game can only get better with time.

first paragraph, good info thanks.  

Ehllfhire

Advanced Member

2/22/13 1:08:37 PM#51
Originally posted by MightyChasm
Trion certainly need to hurry, I imagine their cashflow is a little, in professional terms, shit.  Wish them well with this because they seem like a good firm.  

Why would you say that? Rift is still box+sub and will not go to f2p. Just launched one of most successful expac's in mmo history. They are releasing 2-3 other mmo's this year as well. I think they are doing quite well.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
PS3

lilmark_utsa

Novice Member

2/26/13 9:51:11 PM#52
Originally posted by Frenetic

I'm hyped. 

So many MMOs have come out with less than spectacular housing.

Even Aion with so much work put into it doesn't have multi-level homes. (Even though some houses look multi-level from the outside) They are ALL one boring boxed room with no real windows we can open or close. Very fail.

Age of Conan started doing guild cities right - and then failed to let us decorate them with our own furniture/colors/emblems/putting things wherever we want. Another major fail. So much potential there. They even have chickens you can buy, but you can't interact with them to get eggs or kill them for meat.

I hope ArcheAge gives us tons of more furniture and more land with upcoming expansions. 

I can see a storm coming with how many people want to build houses on the PvE lands. There simply isn't enough space.

If anything, they should give players incentive to want to build on the pvp continent - like crops/livestock produce faster or more quantities. Right now there's no reason to want to build there that I've come accross. 

The only MMO I've played (back in '97) that did a great job with housing was Ultima Online.  Originally, it only allowed you to buy a variety of homes ranging from a small house to a castle and place them in open land.  However, later they allowed you to buy empty lots of land and design your house from the ground up much like you would do in the Sims.  When I saw them mention they were taking pages from Ultima Online I knew the housing would at least be better than anything out there right now.

I think the limited land in the "protected" area was intentional.  It's basically meant to tease and lure you into venturing into the "unsafe" area to place your homes. 

I'd like to see a good written layout of how housing will work in the "unsafe" area.  I've read that homes within 250 meters of the castle/guild that owns an area are "safe" from being robbed by random players.  However, if that castle/guild is taken over by another guild the houses within 100 meters of the losing castle are destroyed?  Meaning you'll want to place your homes between 100-250 meters from the castle and you'll only need to worry about taxes changing when guild ownership of the land changes.  My only theory on that is the 100 meters radius is meant specifically for the conquering guild and their members to build their city/castle while the 100-250 is for other players.  I'd like confirmation on all this, or as I said before, a link to a well written description of the housing in "unsafe" areas.

Whatever the case I don't think they should increase "return value" from farm land there.  The guild that owns the lands will already be receiving taxes from nearby houses owned by other players.  If you add bonuses to farm lands on top of that it'll just create inflation.

So far I like the way they have things set up.  I'm looking forward to grouping with guildies and setting out into the "unknown" world not knowing what PKers are lying in wait.  I used to lead PK Hunting Parties in Ultima Online back in the day before they created Trammel (safe area).  After that I made a PK and I'm looking forward to doing that as well.

faxnadu

Apprentice Member

2/27/13 6:55:17 AM#53
Originally posted by Bossalinie
The LAST thing they need to do is hurry...

yeah with elder scrolls online and many other titles coming up sametime , aa have little change of surviving if taking things veeery slowly and making sure everyhting is correct and bugglitchfixed this should have been happening like year ago already not this stage...

Lanfea

Hard Core Member

2/27/13 7:31:46 AM#54

only want to remind you of some facts:

1) trion worlds is publishing the game, they have nothing to do with the development. maybe they will support xlgames with the localisation, but even that isn't for sure, because trion worlds isn't hiring people especially for archeage right now. rumors say that Tencent, the chinese publisher of archeage, paid xlgames 50 mil $ us-dollars for the rights to publish it. my best guess is that xlgames and trion made a similar deal.

2) xlgames, the developer, didn't just start with the localisation of archeage for the western market after they found with trion worlds a publisher, no, jake song mentioned in an interview in summer 2012 that they allready started with it.

3) archeage is based on cryengine 3. in direct comparision to f.e. the heroengine it seams that the cryengine is the better choice. better performance and grafics with less needs on pc resources.

4) archeage is released by now in asia and if you gather information f.e. in korea about this game, its very polished. the players are very happy with the current status of the game.

so .... if some of these information above are correct and if we take other games (like tera or aion) as example, the nearest release date for archeage in the western market seams so be june/july.

about the 2013 competition between archeage, the elder scrolls and wildstar ... it all depends on when they will release and if  these games can keep more than the usual 30% playerbase after the first three months after launch. and yes, after world of warcraft no triple a p2p mmog could kept 70% of their buyers for longer than 3 months interested.

FromHell

Novice Member

2/27/13 7:36:55 AM#55
Originally posted by Onomas
 The only thing needs done is translation

well, I hope they do this well, and also the game needs serious de-asia-fication to appeal to western markets

Secrets of Dragon´s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Ehllfhire

Advanced Member

2/27/13 1:05:31 PM#56
Originally posted by FromHell
Originally posted by Onomas
 The only thing needs done is translation

well, I hope they do this well, and also the game needs serious de-asia-fication to appeal to western markets

Quite possibly the most ignorant thing posted in this thread. You do realize the way it is now is what people want. If they "westernize" it for the WoW crowd the game will be ruined and fail like TERA. So if you truly support this game you wouldn't wish that death to it.

PS3

asmkm22

Elite Member

2/27/13 1:10:53 PM#57
Originally posted by Ehllfhire

Why would you say that? Rift is still box+sub and will not go to f2p. Just launched one of most successful expac's in mmo history. They are releasing 2-3 other mmo's this year as well. I think they are doing quite well.

What?  According to who?

You make me like charity

DavisFlight

Advanced Member

2/27/13 1:12:35 PM#58

One of the most successful expansions in MMO history? Wow... delusional over here.

If Rift was doing well it wouldn't have merged servers so many times. 

Reklaw

Elite Member

The adult I am takes care of most things real life. However my inner-child is a GAMER!!

2/27/13 1:15:29 PM#59
Originally posted by Snoepie

I think ArcheAge will attract so many people, this might be the mmo where lots of different players are waiting for..

I am also very glad that Trion got the contract.. I never played rift.. Well atleast not subb. I tried it tho.. but it wasnt my game..

But i do know that this company is one of best companies in the game industry concerning patches/communication/customer support..

I''ve been watching alot streams lately and reading alot of stuff about this game.. its a all in one weaved mmo..

So  many elements in crafting/pets/sieges/pvp/housing and so forth

I truely hope that the combat/gameplay has a good feeling..

is anyone actually playing the KR version? and tell me something about the gameplay/combat?

Perhaps I missed something but isn't Trion ONLY the games publisher?

Regardless I do feel it's a good choice to have Trion be the publisher of ArchAge.

The highly anticipated ArcheAge is poised to be the most polished massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) coming out of Asia. Trion will host the game on its Red Door platform in North America, Europe, Turkey, Australia and New Zealand. http://www.tentonhammer.com/archage/news/trion-world-to-publish-archage-in-the-west

Torvaldr

Elite Member

Opportunist

2/27/13 1:20:39 PM#60

Do you have any support for this claim?  From a thread on their forums Trion expected a 7% adoption rate for SL.  The actual adoption rate was 13% so the called it a wild success.  So with 13% of their dwindling population I would like to know how you arrive at the most successful xpac in mmo history.  It's not even in the running.

That game is struggling and it's apparent.  EQ2 has as many servers as Rift.

They are releasing one of their own games, Defiance, and plan on releasing this game which is developed by another company.  They have fallen behiind their historic pace of content updates, which ended up being more marketing than actual content updates.  Their state of the game letter was anemic and their enthusiasm has dwindled.

Rift is a shining example of unmet potential and mediocre success.  Trion is a master of marketing, which is important for a publisher, but they aren't that good at actually making a successful game.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search