Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,568 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,295,392
XLGAMES | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/16/14)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

ArcheAge Forum » General Discussion » Trading and its consequences.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
31 posts found
  Rhoklaw

Elite Member

$500 Backer to 2015's Top New MMO... The Repopulation!

1/08/13 8:21:34 PM#21
Originally posted by kadepsyson
Originally posted by Rhoklaw
See, now this is the kind of stuff that makes MMO's entertaining. As for the guy who went to jail, what exactly did he do to end up in jail?

Armed robbery, attempted murder, maybe even actual murder?

On the off chance you didn't know, the game has in-game jail with in-game player courts.

Yes, I knew there was a jail system, but didn't know the mechanics of it. However, does murder only count against you in certain areas? I mean there is a PvP island, so I'm guessing FFA murder is accepted as common there. Was just wondering if these turn in points are actually in a non PvP area or why he went to jail.

CyclopsSlayer

Novice Member

OP  1/08/13 9:55:43 PM#22
Murder and theft only count if they are against the same faction on the Southern continents. And then only if the "victim" collects and turns in the evidence. On the Northern continent there are no penalties. Someone recently had over 100 same faction player kills, the jail sentence was 4800 some minutes. They were rather naughty...
  Paladrink

Novice Member

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

1/09/13 12:17:27 AM#23
Hmmm i honestly dont care about Full loot, but this seems interesting.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Fusion

Old School

1/09/13 6:02:02 AM#24
Afaik the stealth is limited, you can still insta vanish after the timer goes away, being visible only for a fraction of a second..
As for that island, if its the only tradespot for coins, there's a hail of shitstorm coming!! And the spot will be worse than tarren mill on vanilla glory-days and only the largest zergs will be able to trade for coins

Currently playing: -

Waiting for: Class4.

Dead and Buried: ESO, NWO, GW2, SWTOR, Darkfall, AO, AC2, Vanguard, CoH/V, EnB, EVE, Neocron, FE, EQ, EQ2, DAoC, FFXI, FFXIV, SWG, WoW, and billions of eastern junks!

CyclopsSlayer

Novice Member

OP  1/09/13 11:22:57 AM#25
Originally posted by Fusion
Afaik the stealth is limited, you can still insta vanish after the timer goes away, being visible only for a fraction of a second..
As for that island, if its the only tradespot for coins, there's a hail of shitstorm coming!! And the spot will be worse than tarren mill on vanilla glory-days and only the largest zergs will be able to trade for coins

Not the only turn in point. Just the one that offers the 'best' value for the turn in. The further the package goes the more it is worth in the trade coins.

According to one report, the blueprint for a small house starts at 16 coins. The larger the item, the larger its footprint, the more coins.

bcbully

Elite Member

1/09/13 11:41:56 AM#26
Originally posted by Sukiyaki

The shared turn in points are new to me. Sounds exciting.

But I hate to see there are "rogue" like specs with invisibility skills again in this game. It makes me fear there is yet again a  class with gamebraking skills like "permanent invisibility". One of the most exploitable, imbalanced and straight out annoying skills in MMORPGs if not well restricted. Staying invisible, prey for targets with no risk unless from others in stealth, moving invisible, attacking from invisibility and then retreating into invisibility if anything goes wrong with usually no means to break it unless the exploiter makes poor decissions himself. There is rarely ever any sort of balancing contra to it. Not just a mere counter, but a polar opposite that can at least invalidate or compensate for this advantage if wisely used.

That's the first thing I said to myself. There is now way of balancing a perma invs class.

edit - I see someone above say that stealth is not perm, it sure looked like it in the vid.

apocoluster

Apprentice Member

\m/,

1/09/13 12:07:24 PM#27

OH wow, im glad I saw this  :)

*marks Archage off his to play list* 

peace yall    ..v,

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

Onomas

Novice Member

Sandbox is your only hope for a decent mmo ;)

1/09/13 12:15:46 PM#28
Originally posted by apocoluster

OH wow, im glad I saw this  :)

*marks Archage off his to play list* 

peace yall    ..v,

Why? That looked fun lol.

Death in a video game is trivial. From my understanding only resources and crafting stuff can be looted. No money, currency, or anything like that. This i prefer over full loot pvp. But to each their own, just curious why so many are afraid to lose a little bit upon death.

CyclopsSlayer

Novice Member

OP  1/09/13 12:34:00 PM#29
Originally posted by Onomas

Why? That looked fun lol.

Death in a video game is trivial. From my understanding only resources and crafting stuff can be looted. No money, currency, or anything like that. This i prefer over full loot pvp. But to each their own, just curious why so many are afraid to lose a little bit upon death.

Exactly!

If I want to play it safer and get 1-2 coins I'll stick to local routes. But to get 5-6 coins a turn in I need to risk getting 0. So call out your friends, guildies, everyone you know, and travel in a pack. If your Expeditionary Force (guild/corp) is going to want a Castle someday, you'll probably want gods-own-lot of those coins.

Now as to what is most efficient, shorter less rewarding one you finish quickly and the gurads can be carrying packages as well, longer distance but more rewarding... that remains to be seen.

LlexX

Novice Member

1/09/13 12:35:58 PM#30

That happens to people who grow up playing themeparks and CoD games, and get used to not losing anything upon death. And its better that these gamers are avoiding AA, would be annoying seeing them crying over deaths when they lose something, and begging to the devs to change the system because they don't like to lose stuff. And i agree too that death should be punished, with losing certain stuff, and not just being respawned.

As for full loot, it can't work well in games like AA where are many customization options for an item, to actually make a "perfect" item you will need to spend weeks getting the resources and crafting it (and praying to get nice random stats), and thats just for one item, now do the math for all the 16-18 items you have on yourself.

apocoluster

Apprentice Member

\m/,

1/09/13 12:46:23 PM#31
Originally posted by LlexX

That happens to people who grow up playing themeparks and CoD games, and get used to not losing anything upon death. And its better that these gamers are avoiding AA, would be annoying seeing them crying over deaths when they lose something, and begging to the devs to change the system because they don't like to lose stuff. And i agree too that death should be punished, with losing certain stuff, and not just being respawned.

As for full loot, it can't work well in games like AA where are many customization options for an item, to actually make a "perfect" item you will need to spend weeks getting the resources and crafting it (and praying to get nice random stats), and thats just for one item, now do the math for all the 16-18 items you have on yourself.

All I can say is there is one less    Your still gonna have the cry babies

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

2 Pages « 1 2 Search