Trending Games | The Crew | Neverwinter | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,840,378 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,221,156
XLGAMES | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

ArcheAge Forum » General Discussion » Sub fee + cash shop

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search
86 posts found
  wb8594

Apprentice Member

1/08/13 12:29:53 PM#81
Also Just pay for Box like GW2 will not work without some type of cash shop, it takes lots of money to run those servers hire GM's and support staff, nix bugs and develop new content with Programmers.
  trenshod

Novice Member

1/08/13 12:32:25 PM#82
Originally posted by Xirik
That is the pricing they have set for S.Korea. Not for when they decide to bring the game over to the west.  Yes there is a chance that it will be the same model here but remains PURE speculation.

If the game requires a sub in Korea its most likely going to require a sub in NA & EU. Sure its only speculation but to get your hopes up that its going to be different is just silly. I don't know of a game that has a sub overseas but in the states is a F2P.

Torvaldr

Elite Member

1/08/13 12:43:59 PM#83
Originally posted by Sovrath
Originally posted by Doogiehowser
Originally posted by Sovrath
Originally posted by SandBoxKing
This model isn't going to work. When will these people learn? it is very strange to see a an already niche title to take road of monthly sub and cash shop. Guess someone is too over confident of their game.

Greetings..

This model may not be to players in the west liking but be in no doubt that in Asia it will not be an issue. I think many here are forgetting that we in the west wont be seeing AA for at least a year and a half with Russia being the first outside Asia.

The MMO world does not start and finish in the west, AA will be the biggest MMO in Korea and have a vast following in Asia.

Damn right they are confident of they're game.

Yeah but this is not going to work in west. That is what i am trying to say. When even themepark MMOS can not pull it off i highly doubt a niche sandbox title is going to pull it off in west. So yeah they are way too over confident if they released AA in west with this model. They are going to fall flat on their face.

Well, now, wait a minute...

Themepark games can't pull it off because they can't keep up with the content or, if you are thinking of some of the latest offers, not enough content and bugs and such.

People will pay for a sub if there is value to be had and people will pay for cosmetic items if they are "neat".

I really doubt that it is just because of lack of content that prompts people to reject sub model + cash shop model.

I'll edit tthis:

people will pay a sub and will use cash shop if they are inclined. WoW proves this.

The problem comes when there isn't enough content in themeparks to keep players. Of course there are players who are adamantly against both but I don't believe success or failure rests solely on them.

Well, I don't disagree but there is a caveat.  People might not mind paying the sub + cash shop, but it's not entirely honest to say that WoW proves it.  WoW has only proven it works for WoW because it doesn't seem to work for any other game outside of WoW.

It's like the guy above who answered #2 question: WoW has done.  Well, no shit.  Where is the large list of games other than WoW?  I just don't see this happening outside of WoW which can do whatever the hell it wants and the players will eat it.

I think a mind wipe so people could play an mmo like it was their first time again, would be easier to build than a new mmo people here would actually like. - DamonVile

coretex666

Hard Core Member

"I shall take your position into consideration"

1/08/13 1:52:32 PM#84
Originally posted by wb8594

Most MMO's released today are moving toward the Cash Shop cause that's where the most money is at.

Not enough folks are buying subs to make it worth while just look at all the MMO's that have moved to F2P in just the past year.

Just look at all the crappy MMO's that have moved to F2P in just the past year.

Of course people are not paying subs for low quality games. Why would they?

Subs is where the money is at if the game is good enough.

I would say low quality games should go with F2P (or B2P as some people refer to F2P with box price) and quality games for which there is sufficient demand should go with P2P as it will likely be more profitable for them.

Currently playing: L2 Chronicle 4

Paladrink

Novice Member

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

1/08/13 11:42:25 PM#85
I personally dont mind P2P with CS as long as the CS it does not become Pay2Win game.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

faxnadu

Novice Member

1/09/13 4:49:27 AM#86

sub or no sub allthe same to mee aslong the game is good i can pay if not i dont pay very simple.

cash shops , dont mind, can sell mounts, cosmetic items without any stat bonuses can sell pets, players will prolly investd and spend more money this way than just 8,- a moth as reg sub , so cash shops are the way to get more money to company.

there is very little people who dont spend anything at all and i know there is going to be people who say hell im not buying anything but dont worry there is stiill some players who buy stuff from cash shop for your sake aswell / month ;)

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search