Trending Games | Wizard101 | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,286 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,267,816
XLGAMES | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/16/14)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

ArcheAge Forum » General Discussion » Archeage - i was right -_-

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
24 posts found
  botrytis

Advanced Member

1/07/13 9:29:27 AM#21
Originally posted by Apraxis

ArcheAge is great and all... and i really like the mix of UO and WoW within one game. Almost everything i have seen or heard really looks great. And now.. as almost expected... BUT

until now we know nothing about a Publisher for NA/EU.. actually they dont have one at the moment.. there are of course a lot of applicants. But as long as we dont know who will publish it and how a lot of things are uncertain.

As example.. in korea it will be a subscription game, and no game shop will ruin it or will make it pay to win.. but that can be different in NA/EU with the wrong publisher. Another point is localization.. you dont need to westernize a lot in this game, because it is already made for a western audience(at least one of the two starting contintents and races(including houses and all.. they actually have split the world and asserts for a western and a eastern audience so everyone will be pleased), but we have seen a hell of a lot ugly translated games in the past and it can be a downer, which would be a shame for such a game with such great potential.

And last but not least the combat system... it is very old school tab targeting combat. Ok... yes, a lot of ppl like that combat system, but i am bored to hell with that combat system, the truth is even that i didnt like it much as it was first introduced with EQ/DAoC.. so i really would be for a change to the better.

All we can do is to hope the best, and to hope they choose wisely for a good and experienced publisher for NA/EU.. i personally would even hope it would be NCSoft.. they at least know more or less what they do.

I doubt it will be NCSoft - they already have Blade and Soul, Wildstar and, GW2. That is quite a few games.

We shall see, Korean game makers it seems at times, pick the worst publishers for release in NA.

"In 50 years, when I talk to my grandchildren about these days, I'll make sure to mention what an accomplished MMO player I was. They are going to be so proud ..."
by Naqaj - 7/17/2013 MMORPG.com forum

Filbur

Novice Member

1/07/13 9:53:07 AM#22
Originally posted by maccarthur2004
Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

Please don't over hype this game. I'm extremely looking forward to it as much as anyone else but I hate how people over hype games. 

GW2 was so overhyped it made me hate the game without even having played it yet, to the point where I couldn't log onto this site because of all the bs posts about GW2 being the new Jesus Christ. 

You cant compare AA with GW2 and SWTOR, because AA will be the first AAA sandbox mmo in more than 10 years (the nearer of UO that a good mmo even reached). The themepark formula cant be improved so much (the "single player" approach) while the sandbox formula has a huge amount of open possibilities still inexplored by the big companies.

I wouldn't call ArcheAge a "real" sandbox MMO, it's more a traditional themepark with a huge open world, PvP focus and a few sandbox elements here and there. Keep that in mind and you won't be disappointed.

lizardbones

Elite Member

I think with my heart and move with my head.-Kongos

1/07/13 9:58:10 AM#23

I will say that other than the player's horse kicking somebody, the game did not look very exciting. It could be the kind of thing where it's not very interesting unless you're playing it though.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

xAPOCx

Apprentice Member

1/07/13 6:10:43 PM#24
Originally posted by botrytis
Originally posted by Apraxis

ArcheAge is great and all... and i really like the mix of UO and WoW within one game. Almost everything i have seen or heard really looks great. And now.. as almost expected... BUT

until now we know nothing about a Publisher for NA/EU.. actually they dont have one at the moment.. there are of course a lot of applicants. But as long as we dont know who will publish it and how a lot of things are uncertain.

As example.. in korea it will be a subscription game, and no game shop will ruin it or will make it pay to win.. but that can be different in NA/EU with the wrong publisher. Another point is localization.. you dont need to westernize a lot in this game, because it is already made for a western audience(at least one of the two starting contintents and races(including houses and all.. they actually have split the world and asserts for a western and a eastern audience so everyone will be pleased), but we have seen a hell of a lot ugly translated games in the past and it can be a downer, which would be a shame for such a game with such great potential.

And last but not least the combat system... it is very old school tab targeting combat. Ok... yes, a lot of ppl like that combat system, but i am bored to hell with that combat system, the truth is even that i didnt like it much as it was first introduced with EQ/DAoC.. so i really would be for a change to the better.

All we can do is to hope the best, and to hope they choose wisely for a good and experienced publisher for NA/EU.. i personally would even hope it would be NCSoft.. they at least know more or less what they do.

I doubt it will be NCSoft - they already have Blade and Soul, Wildstar and, GW2. That is quite a few games.

We shall see, Korean game makers it seems at times, pick the worst publishers for release in NA.

I cant see it being anyone else BUT NCSoft. Who would be a prime canidate to publish AA in the west besides ncsoft?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search