Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,922,706 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,315,532
XLGAMES | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/16/14)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

ArcheAge Forum » General Discussion » bunch of new "tutorial" videos (in Korean)

11 posts found
  wizyy

Apprentice Member

OP  12/17/12 7:56:00 AM#1
  xAPOCx

Novice Member

12/17/12 2:10:18 PM#2
at this point in time, AA seems to be everything iv been looking for. Will it be when its released here in the states? Wish i knew. But as of now, Im very impressed with what iv seen from AA so far.

Sukiyaki

Hard Core Member

12/17/12 2:57:56 PM#3

New combat moves? Or is it just this one "specs" move?

Looks really polished. And I dont mean the usual cheap and clunky "smooth and polished" with dislocated bodyparts flapping in their air and invisible, unanimated 60 degree hitbox, to support spastic buttonmashing, you keep hearing about. You know, when your legs look right, your body left because of the camera, your spine is broken, the enemy almost behind you, you hit into the air next to him and without any reaction his HP goes down.

The strikes look really intense and forcefull, with the whole body in a smooth and fluid motion, while still enjoying full movement freedom during strikes. Response from the enemy on hit and knockdowns on top of it. The movement "physics" smoothing out the animations are really top notch. For general movement, combat,  but even mounts and boats.

Ragdoll on death, needs some "death" animation before kicking in however.  It kills the perfection when your character suddenly falls over like pudding when dying. But not to dramatic please.

And I see lots of different crafting animations too.

Kumapon

Apprentice Member

12/21/12 3:35:15 AM#4

Originally posted by wizyy
ArcheAge official youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/archeage

"Chapters" 1 - 4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bU0VVrl22E&list=UUGc8cCQLcl4iR4RspmHmIlQ&index=8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e0tWfjIJl8&list=UUGc8cCQLcl4iR4RspmHmIlQ&index=7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz93rIlqfow&list=UUGc8cCQLcl4iR4RspmHmIlQ&index=6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO00mF8yWaU&list=UUGc8cCQLcl4iR4RspmHmIlQ&index=5

Enjoy, I know I did.

For those that are wondering....

Chapter 1 talks about the Combat, How to use the UI and the Classes.

Chapter 2 talks about Gathering, Crafting and how to use Labour power.

Chapter 3 talks about how to PVP, How to create your own family, How to create an Expeditionary Force, and all about Housing.

Chapter 4 talks about Mounts, Pets, and Transportation.

Enjoy !

pwain

Apprentice Member

12/21/12 3:53:46 AM#5
can't wait
  Sukiyaki

Hard Core Member

12/22/12 1:13:13 PM#6

New details on siege stuff.

coretex666

Advanced Member

"I shall take your position into consideration"

12/23/12 6:28:27 AM#7
I have been sold for some time. Need just release date.

Currently playing: L2 Chronicle 4

toddze

Novice Member

I am not a hater, I call it like I see it.

12/23/12 10:25:36 AM#8
Originally posted by coretex666
I have been sold for some time. Need just release date.

ditto, first time in a long time I have been excited. It actually seems like there is a world and actually somthing to do in that world, instead of the typical A->B->C->D-> cancel sub -> uninstall. This game cant come fast enough to the states.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
Now Playing: N/A
Worst MMO: FFXIV
Favorite MMO: FFXI

Sukiyaki

Hard Core Member

12/24/12 9:02:05 PM#9

Unfortunately I cant find the game in the Korean online gaming  top rankings even after OBT startet.

Not even in the RPG top 10. That either means its below 1% marketshare aka sub mediocore or I hope the tracking just doesnt work yet.

They added server up to 14 as so far and I hope I missunderstood some people talk about 4 server and upcoming server merges. I hope I missunderstood and these are the new server and the Korean player just fear servermerges with too many server being launched. Still 14 is very few even for an OBT unless they really have insane playercaps. Most  top 10 hit games start and run around with +30 server.

PS Uploaded a few favorite pictures from CBT5 and OBT to the general gallery.

Amate

Novice Member

12/25/12 4:36:08 AM#10
Originally posted by Sukiyaki

Unfortunately I cant find the game in the Korean online gaming  top rankings even after OBT startet.

Not even in the RPG top 10. That either means its below 1% marketshare aka sub mediocore or I hope the tracking just doesnt work yet.

They added server up to 14 as so far and I hope I missunderstood some people talk about 4 server and upcoming server merges. I hope I missunderstood and these are the new server and the Korean player just fear servermerges with too many server being launched. Still 14 is very few even for an OBT unless they really have insane playercaps. Most  top 10 hit games start and run around with +30 server.

WTF are you talking about? OBT hasn't even started yet.

Sukiyaki

Hard Core Member

12/25/12 7:07:33 AM#11
Originally posted by Amate
Originally posted by Sukiyaki

WTF are you talking about? OBT hasn't even started yet.

Hu then I misunderstood something. They upped news about their serverlist, additional server with schedule until 30.Dec etc and player just these days talked about it on the official page so I thought something is already running.

That explains why theres nothing to find in the charts.

But then again the point about 14 server still stands even when they are added in the future.

Edit: They got a r pre-release character creation running apparently until 30Dec. Clients can connect to login server and create characters its seems but cant log into the game. Thath seems why everyone is posting character creation screens.