Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Marvel Heroes | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,902,092 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,274,929
XLGAMES | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/16/14)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

ArcheAge Forum » General Discussion » ArcheAge English Version in the Works

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
41 posts found
  Razeekster

Spotlight Poster

May the game be ever in your favor.

OP  12/20/12 1:45:37 PM#21
Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by Drakynn
It's good to have soem solid news on the english version front...makes it seem less like vaporware.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. This has not only been known, but planned by Jake Song since the game was first mentioned on any English speaking websites.

He never really made an official announcement until now. It was all speculation based on some of the words he said which could be taken either way. "He hoped to take ArcheAge globally." Hoped and will are two very different things.

Smile

lizardbones

Elite Member

I think with my heart and move with my head.-Kongos

12/20/12 1:51:16 PM#22

Originally posted by Razeekster

Originally posted by Drakynn It's good to have soem solid news on the english version front...makes it seem less like vaporware.
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. This has not only been known, but planned by Jake Song since the game was first mentioned on any English speaking websites.  
He never really made an official announcement until now. It was all speculation based on some of the words he said which could be taken either way. "He hoped to take ArcheAge globally." Hoped and will are two very different things.

This is an interview with Jake Song done by MMORPG.com in July of 2011.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/feature/5367

How do you think the game will translate to Western audiences?

Jake Song: We started developing ArcheAge considering global service in the first place. We want to let the players feel the true beauty MMORPG by forming a society like real life by networking with other players. The motto of ArcheAge is 'A world made of your own free will'. I think such facts of ArcheAge are what Western game players would also want and enjoy.

Here's an interview on MMORPG.com on July of this year with Suk Woo Choi.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/feature/6493

Suk Woo Choi: ArcheAge will launch at the end of this year in Korea, and the goal is to launch it in North America towards the end of 2013, or the beginning of 2014. Once we have a publisher set and the game’s launched in Korea, things will be clearer for the US.

There has never not been a plan to bring the game to Western audiences. It's been part of what they intended to do as long as they've been writing the game.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Popori

Novice Member

12/20/12 1:58:04 PM#23
Originally posted by xAPOCx

While i like the news, i didnt like what was said lower in the tweet.

https://twitter.com/XLGAMES/status/281002426205630464

Lets Play ArcheAge said...

"Excuse me, does that mean, that you´ll publish the game in NA/EU yourself?"

Jake Song said...

"No"

I was hoping that XL would have kept everything in house and published it themselves. Now were at the mercy of whatever publisher they use and hope they dont chop the game to bits.

Damn, guess its time to update my NCSoft Master Account.

Razeekster

Spotlight Poster

OP  12/20/12 1:59:33 PM#24

Originally posted by Drakynn It's good to have soem solid news on the english version front...makes it seem less like vaporware.

This is an interview with Jake Song done by MMORPG.com in July of 2011.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/feature/5367

How do you think the game will translate to Western audiences?

Jake Song: We started developing ArcheAge considering global service in the first place. We want to let the players feel the true beauty MMORPG by forming a society like real life by networking with other players. The motto of ArcheAge is 'A world made of your own free will'. I think such facts of ArcheAge are what Western game players would also want and enjoy.

Here's an interview on MMORPG.com on July of this year with Suk Woo Choi.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/feature/6493

Suk Woo Choi: ArcheAge will launch at the end of this year in Korea, and the goal is to launch it in North America towards the end of 2013, or the beginning of 2014. Once we have a publisher set and the game’s launched in Korea, things will be clearer for the US.

There has never not been a plan to bring the game to Western audiences. It's been part of what they intended to do as long as they've been writing the game.

They said goal. That isn't definite at all. But I am not going to argue with you as I've noticed for one reason or another every time you've posted in any thread I've started it seems like you're aim is to try and instigate an arguement (no offense meant, it's just something I've honestly noticed and maybe you don't even mean to do this or maybe I'm way off base).

Smile

lizardbones

Elite Member

I think with my heart and move with my head.-Kongos

12/20/12 2:04:29 PM#25

Originally posted by Drakynn It's good to have soem solid news on the english version front...makes it seem less like vaporware. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. This has not only been known, but planned by Jake Song since the game was first mentioned on any English speaking websites.   He never really made an official announcement until now. It was all speculation based on some of the words he said which could be taken either way. "He hoped to take ArcheAge globally." Hoped and will are two very different things.
This is an interview with Jake Song done by MMORPG.com in July of 2011. http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/feature/5367 How do you think the game will translate to Western audiences? Jake Song: We started developing ArcheAge considering global service in the first place. We want to let the players feel the true beauty MMORPG by forming a society like real life by networking with other players. The motto of ArcheAge is 'A world made of your own free will'. I think such facts of ArcheAge are what Western game players would also want and enjoy.
Here's an interview on MMORPG.com on July of this year with Suk Woo Choi. http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/feature/6493 Suk Woo Choi: ArcheAge will launch at the end of this year in Korea, and the goal is to launch it in North America towards the end of 2013, or the beginning of 2014. Once we have a publisher set and the game’s launched in Korea, things will be clearer for the US.
They said goal. That isn't definite at all. But I am not going to argue with you as I've noticed for one reason or another every time you've posted in any thread I've started it seems like you're aim is to try and instigate an arguement (no offense meant, it's just something I've honestly noticed and maybe you don't even mean to do this or maybe I'm way off base).

Well, if I am doing that, my apologies. It's not intentional and I'm not targeting you. I usually don't keep track of who is posting which threads so I can at least say it's not on purpose. :-)

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Razeekster

Spotlight Poster

OP  12/20/12 2:06:04 PM#26

Originally posted by Drakynn It's good to have soem solid news on the english version front...makes it seem less like vaporware. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. This has not only been known, but planned by Jake Song since the game was first mentioned on any English speaking websites.   He never really made an official announcement until now. It was all speculation based on some of the words he said which could be taken either way. "He hoped to take ArcheAge globally." Hoped and will are two very different things.
This is an interview with Jake Song done by MMORPG.com in July of 2011. http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/feature/5367 How do you think the game will translate to Western audiences? Jake Song: We started developing ArcheAge considering global service in the first place. We want to let the players feel the true beauty MMORPG by forming a society like real life by networking with other players. The motto of ArcheAge is 'A world made of your own free will'. I think such facts of ArcheAge are what Western game players would also want and enjoy.
Here's an interview on MMORPG.com on July of this year with Suk Woo Choi. http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/feature/6493 Suk Woo Choi: ArcheAge will launch at the end of this year in Korea, and the goal is to launch it in North America towards the end of 2013, or the beginning of 2014. Once we have a publisher set and the game’s launched in Korea, things will be clearer for the US.

Well, if I am doing that, my apologies. It's not intentional and I'm not targeting you. I usually don't keep track of who is posting which threads so I can at least say it's not on purpose. :-)

Alright, well that makes me feel better that at least it's not on purpose. Sorry if I offended you at all :)

Smile

Ice-Queen

Hard Core Member

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. They won't expect it back."

12/29/12 1:46:17 AM#27

Jake Song (the founder of XLGAMES) confirmed that the English server of ArcheAge is in the works.

Source: http://www.mmoculture.com/2012/12/archeage-founder-confirms-english-version-in-the-making/

Good news!

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

PsychoPigeon

Novice Member

12/29/12 7:47:40 AM#28

I asked him if the 4 other races would be in an expansion pack or patch and he said patch, I didn't know they don't sell expansion packs like they do here

korent1991

Novice Member

12/29/12 7:57:04 AM#29
Finally!

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
-------------------------------

Onomas

Novice Member

Sandbox is your only hope for a decent mmo ;)

12/29/12 10:17:53 AM#30
Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

I asked him if the 4 other races would be in an expansion pack or patch and he said patch, I didn't know they don't sell expansion packs like they do here

Well i do hope they pick a good publisher then because if not this game could die out in the west. Western companies chase the themepark games like crazy and could ruin this great potential of a game.

User Deleted
12/29/12 10:51:13 AM#31
Originally posted by Onomas

Well i do hope they pick a good publisher then because if not this game could die out in the west. Western companies chase the themepark games like crazy and could ruin this great potential of a game.

I hope it's one publisher for all western regions (or at least decent ones). I think Europe has gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to Korean MMORPG publishers.

Shame! Europe is 700+ million inhabitants. Imagine what portion of that is potential customers.

DeathIsClose

Apprentice Member

12/31/12 11:27:42 AM#32

Anyone knows who is the "host" of the EU version or US version ?

Its awesome that it comes to EU but if its gonna be hosted by some fail publisher like Tera ( EU ) the game will be bad because of that.

Pivotelite

Novice Member

12/31/12 11:31:41 AM#33
Originally posted by NBlitz
Originally posted by Onomas

I hope it's one publisher for all western regions (or at least decent ones). I think Europe has gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to Korean MMORPG publishers.

Shame! Europe is 700+ million inhabitants. Imagine what portion of that is potential customers.

Frogster/Gameforge <3

Edi: Lol as I post this someone above me writes about TERA which is what you and I are referring too as well, sheesh frogster, why you so bad.

makii

Advanced Member

12/31/12 11:40:06 AM#34
its nice to see sometimes gameplay vids but till the games out here i will have my first grandson.
  Torvaldr

Elite Member

12/31/12 12:57:07 PM#35

It's a sub game and there the sub includes the whole package.  This is the way it was with Lineage (his first big game) here.

Good to see the global move is progressing.   I really think this is his spiritual successor to Lineage and with him not being under the NCSoft thumb, he can pretty much do what he wants which is a good thing.

Curse you AquaScum!

xAPOCx

Apprentice Member

12/31/12 4:10:15 PM#36

was hoping for other news with the 4 other races. I was looking for a long lvling curve. This info about adding the other 4 races in a "patch" leads me to believe that lving in AA will be very very easy.

Reasons are i feel that the lvling curve would have to fit the into of new races so that others can make/lvl/compete with the current races and wouldnt need to spend a great deal of time in that prossess. Just seems to be the way of the MMO world these days. Make things easy so that those that dont feel like they can/should "waist" there time playing catch up.

I do hope that i am very very wrong about this however but untill i get my hands on this title, i have my sceptic hat on very tight.

Anyonw else have any thought or feeling on this matter?

PsychoPigeon

Novice Member

12/31/12 4:34:00 PM#37
There's no such thing as 'catch up'. There will always be new players joining, always be lower level people, you can't just set up a new server to give the first group of people that happen to join it an 'equal' start, what sense does that make when players join it a few days later. The levelling curve is same as Aion, probably 3 months max level if you're casual and 3 weeks to a month if you burn through it.
  Aeolyn

Advanced Member

12/31/12 4:41:57 PM#38
Sounds great, I just hope they don't do the "f2p" model that nickel and dimes everyone to death.  I'd much rather shell out $15-20/mo for as long as the game holds my interest and if they want a cash shop, keep it strictly cosmetic, that doesn't mean offer special storage options or p2w type buffs only available through the shop like another game I used to support.
  xAPOCx

Apprentice Member

12/31/12 5:19:56 PM#39
There's no such thing as 'catch up'. There will always be new players joining, always be lower level people, you can't just set up a new server to give the first group of people that happen to join it an 'equal' start, what sense does that make when players join it a few days later. The levelling curve is same as Aion, probably 3 months max level if you're casual and 3 weeks to a month if you burn through it.

I was refering to those that had already established themselves and then wants to main one of the new races that may come out in 3 months 6 months 1 year.

fiftyplusgeek

Elite Member

12/31/12 5:28:16 PM#40

I was about to make a rude comment about the game shooting up to #1 on the hype list. Good thing I looked before posting. It already did.

/facepalm

I am no longer responsible for anything my phone decides is correct in the way of word choices and punctuation.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search