Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Wasteland 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,065 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,245,389
XLGAMES | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/16/14)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

ArcheAge Forum » General Discussion » problem with building your own house in the middle of nowhere.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
28 posts found
  SirBalin

Warmonger

9/03/12 9:04:46 AM#21
Originally posted by Wolfenpride

The only thing I hate about non-instanced housing is it can ruin the environment/scenery. For awhile I had a beaufitul little cliff to myself in SWG, a few weeks later there were those giant harvesting pumps pretty much surrounding my house.

Not sure how Archeage plans to handle housing, but I do think they should keep it loosely constrained somewhere.

Hey I had this happen irl, it was called living in the USA  lol

Incognito
www.incognito-gaming.us
"You're either with us or against us"

ArcheAgeFan

Novice Member

OP  9/03/12 12:59:50 PM#22
I suspect when this game launches here many players will build their houses close to each other for example clans guilds etc. If you build your house and farms solo you got a lot of balls.
  CyclopsSlayer

Novice Member

9/03/12 1:15:44 PM#23
Originally posted by ArcheAgeFan
I suspect when this game launches here many players will build their houses close to each other for example clans guilds etc. If you build your house and farms solo you got a lot of balls.

Agreed! I see a lot of people moving their homes to the Northern continent to be place in the area around their Guilds or Alliances castle. Of course... that does lead to a chance your house is sacked and looted if the castle is successfully sieged... BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

ozerinx

Novice Member

9/06/12 5:13:25 PM#24

There has been a lot of problems in the CBT2-4 with player killing/house destroying/crop destroying but I have noticed that since CBT2-current 5 the rate of destroying someones property has gotten gradually harder/longer process. Also, from one of the developers there is a high chance that they will be implementing an NPC guard system where it is used to defend your house.

The system was originally only put in for guilds and their castles to assit ond defending a castle that takes a week or a month to build. But, due to the fact that the developers and whining community needs to be carebeared they are most likely going to add this element into the game. 

Regarding destroying houses/crops/animals/players. You will get marked like you are in Lineage 2 but difference is the red flagged name doesn't go away UNLESS you die or do "volunteer/charity" work to get rid of it. My character in cb2 was one of the most wanted pkers on the server which led to a "bounty system" that allowed players to donate money to the pool of having me killed. When I die when I am flagged there is a high chance that I will drop something from my inventory + all my money that I am currently holding.

So on the whole server I only notice like a dozen of people that were always flagged because the amount of effort/time you have to spend on the game if you are flagged is 20x as much. Dodge the questing/farming players and then avoid most cities since after a certain point even NPC are kill on sight. 

lizardbones

Elite Member

I think with my heart and move with my head.-Kongos

9/06/12 5:43:01 PM#25

Originally posted by ozerinx
There has been a lot of problems in the CBT2-4 with player killing/house destroying/crop destroying but I have noticed that since CBT2-current 5 the rate of destroying someones property has gotten gradually harder/longer process. Also, from one of the developers there is a high chance that they will be implementing an NPC guard system where it is used to defend your house.

The system was originally only put in for guilds and their castles to assit ond defending a castle that takes a week or a month to build. But, due to the fact that the developers and whining community needs to be carebeared they are most likely going to add this element into the game. 

Regarding destroying houses/crops/animals/players. You will get marked like you are in Lineage 2 but difference is the red flagged name doesn't go away UNLESS you die or do "volunteer/charity" work to get rid of it. My character in cb2 was one of the most wanted pkers on the server which led to a "bounty system" that allowed players to donate money to the pool of having me killed. When I die when I am flagged there is a high chance that I will drop something from my inventory + all my money that I am currently holding.

So on the whole server I only notice like a dozen of people that were always flagged because the amount of effort/time you have to spend on the game if you are flagged is 20x as much. Dodge the questing/farming players and then avoid most cities since after a certain point even NPC are kill on sight. 

You do realize that the "care bear" players are the ones who are going to pay for this game, right? If the game is going to exist in the U.S., it's going to make allowances for the "care bear" crowd, or it's going to fade into obscurity.

For every large, complex problem, there is a simple, clear solution that also happens to be absolutely wrong.

SuprGamerX

Apprentice Member

9/06/12 5:45:31 PM#26
 Build your house around other houses?   I don't know , it's like saying your allergic to peanut butter but you still go to the kitchen and make yourself a peanut butter sandwich and think of the consequences after eating it.   You go champ~!
  Apraxis

Elite Member

9/07/12 6:51:17 AM#27
Originally posted by ArcheAgeFan
PROBLEM with buyilding your own mansion or house in the middle of nowhere, what if some group of people decide to destroy it alone with your crops??? That would be terrible, im a little worried leaving your house unattended. Ugh you get that feeling when you log in one day realize your house is destroyed?

The point is, that it have to be. Ok to hire some npc guards would be a good addtion. But that is a incentive to found player towns, to protect each other. And if you really want to have a lonely house in the middle of nowhere you have to live with it.

Mothanos

Elite Member

9/11/12 11:56:36 AM#28

My wife was interested and still is a little, but so much things regarding AA are covered in total darkness.

She wanted to build on a island and fish do some farming caring for cattle etc etc, i warned her that its more like an Eve type of game, and that it will be invested with pirates and griefers.
(we both played Eve for a year or 2)
Its exciting when alot is at risk, and thats the strong point of AA, but also its weakness.

Also who is going to take care of things in EU ? Frogster ? xD <------|
Many many concers also goes to those major alliance's like in Eve you have so many renters who pay the big guys enormous amounts of isk / money to farm in their backyard.
Making them so strong that small honest guilds / alliance's are smash patatoes.

So many info needed :)

Keeping a eye on this one, but i dont have high expectations for it or my wife for that matter :P

2 Pages « 1 2 Search