Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,859,594 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,244,740
XLGAMES | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/16/14)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

ArcheAge Forum » General Discussion » Anyone else bothered by the lack of... theme?

8 Pages First « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Search
147 posts found
  RefMinor

Novice Member

Hipster

4/13/12 7:46:34 AM#141
Originally posted by Amate

What's going on in this thread. I see people mentioning sunglasses, and mustache glasses, WTF? There is no such thing in game, and I challenge you to find any screenshot showing these stuff. I would know, I was in the beta.

I've seen a lot of misinformation in these boards (this thread is a perfect example: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/view/forums/thread/342791/page/1 ), please be carefull and ask for a source whenever  someone that wasn't in beta comes up with so-called  "new features".

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2011-06-04/jake_song_archeage_to_be_a_replay_of_real_life,1.shtml

Third picture down looks like sunglasses

wizyy

Advanced Member

4/13/12 8:22:00 AM#142

What's going on in this thread. I see people mentioning sunglasses, and mustache glasses, WTF? There is no such thing in game, and I challenge you to find any screenshot showing these stuff. I would know, I was in the beta.

I've seen a lot of misinformation in these boards (this thread is a perfect example: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/view/forums/thread/342791/page/1 ), please be carefull and ask for a source whenever  someone that wasn't in beta comes up with so-called  "new features".

OP didn't complain about just the sunglasses, although I do seem to recollect seeing somewhere moustache glasses.

I don't really defend his position, but there's plenty of things that may "put off" people like him in this game. For example, the cowboy hat Steparu wore the whole time he was in beta.

User Deleted
4/13/12 9:39:09 AM#143

Context, it's about stuff which interfere with some peoples wishful thinking about Archeage being a pure Medieval Fantasy "sandpark" where every modern day illustration breaks immersion.
If you know  Korea, it's just silly and pointless to defend Archeage in this. People better realize what Archeage will not offer them, if they can't see past such things.

Amate

Apprentice Member

4/13/12 11:22:03 AM#144
Originally posted by RefMinor

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2011-06-04/jake_song_archeage_to_be_a_replay_of_real_life,1.shtml

Third picture down looks like sunglasses

-From MMOsite (aka hardly reliable source)

-Very small screenshot, which makes it unsure what they are (might be a graphical glitch, you can see in the background the city is lacking textures)

-From an article from a year ago, with a character wearing outdated gear which skin isn't in-game anymore

So I wouldn't trust it. I've played both CBT3 and CBT4, and I haven't seen any sunglasses or mustach glasses. Nor could you craft any. Only "out of place" clothing I came across was the beach shorts they gave during the event in the last day of CBT4.

Originally posted by wizyy

OP didn't complain about just the sunglasses, although I do seem to recollect seeing somewhere moustache glasses.

I don't really defend his position, but there's plenty of things that may "put off" people like him in this game. For example, the cowboy hat Steparu wore the whole time he was in beta.

Yea my post wasn't meant to OP in particular, just saw some ppl mention glasses and stuff as if that was actually in-game, which is misinformation.

With that said I disagree with the OP (although I understand him, this matter is purely based on point of view). The machines in ArcheAge fit the overall technology you see in the game world in terms of look, and the fact the lore states they are powered by akium makes it coherent, as you need akium to craft them. Like I said in a previous post, akium is the "petroleum" of the game world. There is no steam or electricity powered machines.

Let's look at a game like Skyrim, and the dwemer race which has all sort of machinery, actual robots, and what not. Did it break immersion?  Didn't for me, as it fitted the whole "ancient race with advanced technology". In AA, machines look very rustic and not modern at all. If they looked sleek and in something else than wood/clothes/etc, then yes it would be very out of place.

firefly2003

Advanced Member

I miss you Star Wars Galaxies...:(

4/19/12 8:16:33 AM#145

Not really seeing the problem with the theme but that was never a dealbreaker when it comes to MMOs, the only thing I really care about if its going to have more non-combat features, a great crafting system, and tons of features we seen in older MMOs brought into modern times and improved upon, so far this game is doing that as a hybrid so its a win win for me and a MMORPG I truely want to play once its released in the NA.

I only hope that this game really does well , and people I hope like this game as well, you got building, crafting , combat, sailing on the high seas, open world pvp. One thing I would like to see though is a PVP and a PVE server or do PVP like EVE does it sort of have you Empire Terrorities and then your open FFA PVP terrorities , we really don't need to see another potential great MMO be brought down by people who make it their business to ruin other peoples fun.

Dewm

Spotlight Poster

Players come for the game, but they stay for the people- Most Devs have forgotten this.

OP  8/18/12 1:22:37 PM#146

Not trying to necro a thread, but I already made one so I figured this would be a good place to go.

Once again, I am still going to buy this game..its the closest thing to a good sandbox that I've seen coming out... BUT I still question some of the items in the game and the general timeline..

It still just seems out of place to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OluoZE0FQZs&feature=related

If you check out this vid, at 0:35 they are wearing bikinies...and board shorts.. totaly doesn't fit.

I dunno made it feel like I was watching a Sims trailer...

I just wish asian games wern't so.....goofy?

coretex666

Advanced Member

"I shall take your position into consideration"

8/18/12 1:41:48 PM#147
Originally posted by Dewm

Not trying to necro a thread, but I already made one so I figured this would be a good place to go.

Once again, I am still going to buy this game..its the closest thing to a good sandbox that I've seen coming out... BUT I still question some of the items in the game and the general timeline..

It still just seems out of place to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OluoZE0FQZs&feature=related

If you check out this vid, at 0:35 they are wearing bikinies...and board shorts.. totaly doesn't fit.

I dunno made it feel like I was watching a Sims trailer...

I just wish asian games wern't so.....goofy?

When I watched this video and saw the bikini, I had to stop and think whether it fits in this game or not, so I definitely see your point.

I cannot really tell at this point whether it will feel ok or whether it will "break immersion" if there are similar things included in the game.

The stuff you described in the original post does not bother me so much. I used to care about it years ago, but I got used to it after playing WoW and similar themepark games (e.g. in WoW you have jetpacks, motorbikes, guns, etc and also bows, swords and magic)

Currently playing: L2 Chronicle 4

8 Pages First « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Search