Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Heroes of the Storm

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,643,167 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,076,968
Red 5 Studios | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 07/09/13)  | Pub:Red 5 Studios
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Firefall Forum » General Discussion » Firefall open beta now live

16 posts found
  RelGn

Apprentice Member

OP  7/09/13 2:30:37 AM#1

It's finally on open beta after 2 years they finaly get on track.

This game has great potential and im sure it will become a gem over time.

Rhoklaw

Elite Member

$500 Backer to 2014's Top New MMO... The Repopulation!

7/09/13 2:31:43 AM#2
Once we can actually get in the game. Cause it seems the server is bugged out at the moment.

tedgar

Novice Member

7/09/13 2:32:53 AM#3
  Rhoklaw

Elite Member

7/09/13 2:39:49 AM#4
Yep, I keep getting FIREFALL::WEBSERVICE::INTERNALSERVERERROR message when trying to create a character.

tedgar

Novice Member

7/09/13 2:44:34 AM#5
Originally posted by Rhoklaw
Yep, I keep getting FIREFALL::WEBSERVICE::INTERNALSERVERERROR message when trying to create a character.

:)

HakudoJoe

Novice Member

7/09/13 2:49:10 AM#6
Open beta is turning out to be better than expected. Not playing Firefall is actually a higher quality experience than playing Firefall. 
  Rhoklaw

Elite Member

7/09/13 3:51:59 AM#7
Well, I'm tired but I'll get a good glimpse of the game when I wake up. As for right now, the game seems pretty interesting at the moment, we'll see.

mranere

Novice Member

7/09/13 1:05:28 PM#8

14 hours in: It's still bugged out all to hell and back. Can't complete missions, can't access stores, can't access the garage, connection issues, log-in issues and all that fun stuff.

No info coming from the dev team either.

Pretty bad launch (f2p open beta with no character wipe is NOT a beta)

rawfox

Hard Core Member

7/09/13 1:07:28 PM#9

http://www.twitch.tv/r5studios

Firefall is something big just started.

daemon

Advanced Member

From all the things I''ve lost I miss my mind the most.

7/09/13 1:08:18 PM#10

Reinstalled 2 times.. launcher wont start unexpected error.

will give it a few days before uinstalling.

Jadedangel1

Hard Core Member

7/09/13 1:54:55 PM#11
Ironic, after Mark Kern kept hyping his own game in the articles on here how they tried to do it better than other Mmos that they'd at least figure out a way to give players access to said game.
  Shadowguy64

Novice Member

7/09/13 3:46:44 PM#12
Will there be a wipe after the open beta, or is this a "Neverwinter Open Beta" *wink* *wink* (i.e. really the release)
  Jadedangel1

Hard Core Member

7/09/13 5:51:52 PM#13
Originally posted by Shadowguy64
Will there be a wipe after the open beta, or is this a "Neverwinter Open Beta" *wink* *wink* (i.e. really the release)

Lol definitely a soft release. No wipe, and the cash shop is supposed to open and everything.

AvsRock21

Apprentice Member

7/10/13 12:44:03 AM#14

Originally posted by mranere
14 hours in: It's still bugged out all to hell and back. Can't complete missions, can't access stores, can't access the garage, connection issues, log-in issues and all that fun stuff.

Lol, you contradict yourself. Sorry but the world does not go by your definitions. Red 5 Studios has labeled it a beta and therefore that's what it is. It doesn't matter whether there is going to be a wipe or not; you're not the one determining what a beta is and what it's not. Why do you think it's being labeled a beta? Let me re-quote you:

Can't complete missions, can't access stores, can't access the garage, connection issues, log-in issues and all that fun stuff.

That's why it's a beta. This is not an official launch, just beta. There will be bugs.

Would you really rather there be no such thing as open beta and instead have to wait many more months for games to be perfectly polished? Or would you rather get in on the action early and help iron out the bugs faster than the dev team could by themselves?

TheHavok

Advanced Member

"Free crack and everybody gets laid."

7/10/13 12:51:11 AM#15
Downloaded the game 2 hours ago at work.  Played an hour.  Everything worked fine.  But, the starter mission for the uplink wasn't updating.  Other then that, everything was good as far as I could tell.
  Jadedangel1

Hard Core Member

7/10/13 10:21:23 AM#16
Originally posted by AvsRock21

Lol, you contradict yourself. Sorry but the world does not go by your definitions. Red 5 Studios has labeled it a beta and therefore that's what it is. It doesn't matter whether there is going to be a wipe or not; you're not the one determining what a beta is and what it's not. Why do you think it's being labeled a beta? Let me re-quote you:

Can't complete missions, can't access stores, can't access the garage, connection issues, log-in issues and all that fun stuff.

That's why it's a beta. This is not an official launch, just beta. There will be bugs.

Would you really rather there be no such thing as open beta and instead have to wait many more months for games to be perfectly polished? Or would you rather get in on the action early and help iron out the bugs faster than the dev team could by themselves?

Hate to break this to you, but yes, the world does go by his definition of a beta. By definition (you can check this in any dictionary), beta testing is the final testing phase before commercial release. So by Red5 calling it beta, and yet have an open and functioning cash shop is contradictory in the very least.