Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Destiny | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,257 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,246,274
Red 5 Studios | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 07/09/13)  | Pub:Red 5 Studios
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Firefall Forum » General Discussion » The banning by Red 5 has started... beware.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
38 posts found
  Wraithone

Advanced Member

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

11/11/13 12:00:57 AM#21
Originally posted by KaosLegion
That's what you get for being a smart ass to the community manager, funny it doesn't seems you linked your post to that page.  Maybe this http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/vip-program-and-pricing.2408621/page-9 not saying your right or wrong but don't sell your shit on a lie.

Yes, I remember that one... Taunting Phobos isn't one of the brightest moves at this point... ^^  Red5 does try, and they have some VERY talented/creative people. I'm hoping that things eventually work out for them.  A studio in full production cycle is stressful enough, without having to deal with all manner of drama and other such.  Lets just hope for the best.

trash656

Advanced Member

It is easier to Fight for Principles then it is to Live up to them.

11/11/13 12:21:18 AM#22
People get suspended and banned here on mmorpg.com for just posting negative posts as well. I don't really see how these forums are any differen't then any others. You can be banned for any reason on any forum. That is their right, just as it's mmorpg.com's right to run their forums as they see fit. If you don't like it. Don't visit the forums. I don't even hardly visit any games forums that I'm playing because most of the people are just people acting like childern complaining and trolling anyways.
  Blotie

Novice Member

OP  11/11/13 7:43:55 AM#23
Originally posted by trash656
People get suspended and banned here on mmorpg.com for just posting negative posts as well. I don't really see how these forums are any differen't then any others. You can be banned for any reason on any forum. That is their right, just as it's mmorpg.com's right to run their forums as they see fit. If you don't like it. Don't visit the forums. I don't even hardly visit any games forums that I'm playing because most of the people are just people acting like childern complaining and trolling anyways.

True but Red 5 claimed to be different and they were for the first year or so.  Then it got ugly when the Devs started being rude to people for giving them the input the once sought.  Sad but predictable I guess.

Blotie

Novice Member

OP  11/11/13 7:54:37 AM#24
Originally posted by Wraithone
Originally posted by KaosLegion
That's what you get for being a smart ass to the community manager, funny it doesn't seems you linked your post to that page.  Maybe this http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/vip-program-and-pricing.2408621/page-9 not saying your right or wrong but don't sell your shit on a lie.

Yes, I remember that one... Taunting Phobos isn't one of the brightest moves at this point... ^^  Red5 does try, and they have some VERY talented/creative people. I'm hoping that things eventually work out for them.  A studio in full production cycle is stressful enough, without having to deal with all manner of drama and other such.  Lets just hope for the best.

Oh I don't doubt my banning weeks later was purely Phobos based. lol   He didn't like it when people pointed out he was being rude and insulting to players.  I don't doubt he was looking for any reason to ban many people which he did.  My post in the days before I was banned were harmless but whatever.

It is unfortunate one person had such a negative impact on the community when there are so many great people at Red 5 but in the end the management at 5 let him have his way with the forum so they are just as responsible.  Replacing him with FadedPez was a good idea and he should have been in charge to start with.  Too little too late in my case.  I will not return when my ban is up.  5 just isn't a company I am willing to patronize after the way it treated its community.

Phain

Novice Member

3/24/14 3:38:06 AM#25
Originally posted by Blotie

The hammer got me today when I pointed out that the upcoming patch has no new content and there is none in the foreseeable future.

Do people often come to your place of business and harass you with claims that you don't work nor do you plan to work in the foreseeable future? The developers are developing, let it develop.

All perspectives are unique perspectives of One perspective

avalon1000

Apprentice Member

3/29/14 3:07:42 AM#26

This explains everything about the state of the game.  Be sure to read the replies.

www.reddit.com/r/gamingnews/comments/21gs8f/gaming_news_red_5_studios_rotting_from_the_inside/

I just want to add that this game has the potential to be something very special. Red 5 you need to clean house. There is a lesson from history. There were many Pharaohs of Egypt and many treated their subjects very poorly. But there was this one Pharaoh and his son who decided to not be so concerned with abusing their subjects and build something great. Today we can still see their masterpieces....the great pyramids. Poor leadership accomplishes very little. If you have a tyrant in the workplace it will negatively affect your employees and productivity. Hire good people and let them fly. Then you will have success.

stalker989

Novice Member

4/03/14 5:57:14 PM#27
I tend to stay out of the forums for games that I play, unless I am looking for specific information. That said, I beta'd Firefall for about a year. I quit playing not long before you were banned. The game was fun for a while, but got very old quick with new content. The biggest problems that I ever had with the game was NPC enemies being stuck in walls, and quests that sometimes would not advance properly. Overall it was a fun game to play, but there is little lasting appeal, in my opinion.

stalker989

Novice Member

4/03/14 6:01:16 PM#28
Originally posted by Phain

The hammer got me today when I pointed out that the upcoming patch has no new content and there is none in the foreseeable future.

Do people often come to your place of business and harass you with claims that you don't work nor do you plan to work in the foreseeable future? The developers are developing, let it develop.

Your response is a bit ridiculous, and not very well thought out. If you are providing a good or service that someone is paying for (cash-shop), and enjoy playing the game; why would they not voice complaints? Would you not want to be praised either?

DamonVile

Elite Member

4/03/14 6:11:27 PM#29
Originally posted by stalker989
Originally posted by Phain

Your response is a bit ridiculous, and not very well thought out. If you are providing a good or service that someone is paying for (cash-shop), and enjoy playing the game; why would they not voice complaints? Would you not want to be praised either?

If you think they don't allow negative feed back you should go look at their forums.

The devs started multiple threads asking " what don't you like about...." They're full of negatives. The forum is full of negative people complaining about the game...always has been. The OP and others like him just crossed the line is all. They where hardly bringing cookies to orphans when the big bad red 5 jumped all over them.

There's a saying about evolution and why we have two eyes and two ears but only one mouth. Clearly it didn't see the internet coming or it never would have given us ten fingers to type with.

mayito7777

Advanced Member

5/31/14 11:22:07 AM#30
People are negative because the devs destroyed the game, I was a founder from the verfy beginning when the game was interesting and the devs one day decided to rewrite the whole thing, they introduce decay etc etc and destroyed the game.
  DaRabbit

Novice Member

6/01/14 4:58:00 PM#31
Originally posted by mayito7777
People are negative because the devs destroyed the game, I was a founder from the verfy beginning when the game was interesting and the devs one day decided to rewrite the whole thing, they introduce decay etc etc and destroyed the game.

So True! I'm also a founder and I deleted the game last week....

iller

Advanced Member

7/14/14 3:06:10 PM#32

I've never so much as even gotten a Warning on their Forums.

I've gotten plenty of infractions on these forums however b/c the Mods here like to Shield Trolls for some weird reason.

Talking about not even taking a strong position for or against a game.  Just trying to point out the flaw in someone's argument too many times can get you banned here and the only explanation is probably that the volunteer Mods are friends with the hate-spewing Trolls.  They don't even answer PM's or respond to a Contestment.  It's pretty awful as far as representing the Website goes and makes a lot of Corporate Forums look refreshingly unbiased and professional by comparison .

DamonVile

Elite Member

7/14/14 4:01:29 PM#33
Mayito..how many threads have you necrod today just to say the same thing?

There's a saying about evolution and why we have two eyes and two ears but only one mouth. Clearly it didn't see the internet coming or it never would have given us ten fingers to type with.

mayito7777

Advanced Member

7/15/14 7:09:07 AM#34
Originally posted by DamonVile
Mayito..how many threads have you necrod today just to say the same thing?

Did you bother to check that my post is like from a month ago? You are the one necroing topics.

Derros

Advanced Member

7/15/14 7:11:45 AM#35
Quick! someone call a cleric!!!
  tawess

Elite Member

7/15/14 7:25:55 AM#36
Nwm

Tomas Soapbox

This have been a good conversation

SirBalin

Warmonger

7/18/14 1:11:06 PM#37
Originally posted by Souleater42069
That sounds like a great thing to me. That is the reason I quit mortal online, instead of fixing bugs they added a animation content pack. As far as banning you, you didn't paste your post you sure you weren't being volgure.

My last post:

<blockquote ugc="" basehtml"="">No, they are not new content with the possible exception of the new user experience if it exists. You can attempt to argue the definition of content but we all know what it is. Sorry but there is no way to spin the lack of content. When the next patch hits, there will be nothing new to do in the world.

As for personal attacks, that would be the last sentence in what I quoted above and your comment about making things up. Sorry but I am not going to get any further involved with the FF forum drama. Attitudes from posters and even one Dev are already harmful to FF. No point in me making it worse by engaging in similar postings. Good luck to you.

Well...have to admit that was extreme for them to ban for that...if that's what the banning was for.

Incognito
www.incognito-gaming.us
"You're either with us or against us"

Thane

Hard Core Member

I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

7/18/14 1:22:46 PM#38

You agree to not use the Service to post or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.

We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content posted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.

(...)

If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

2 Pages « 1 2 Search