Trending Games | ArcheAge | Swordsman | World of Warcraft | Destiny

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,774,752 Users Online:0
Games:721  Posts:6,189,059
Red 5 Studios | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 07/09/13)  | Pub:Red 5 Studios
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Firefall Forum » General Discussion » Please skip this game

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Search
128 posts found
  jaffrojones

Novice Member

8/14/13 11:49:48 PM#121
1. Permanent Durability System - Players beware! That nice new shiny purple you just got? Well guess what, if you want to hold on to it you better not die no more than 10 times because at that point it "breaks" and becomes unusable. Sure you can pour hours and hours and hours of time farming mats to make a crafted piece but it will still break, although it will take longer. Matter of fact, the only items in this game that will last forever are stock items that you get when you first start, I guess they didnt want naked people running around not able to play.

2. Red 5 doesnt care about their players. As the above argument says, in durability, many many many players voiced their concern and disdain about this decision and Red 5's response? In a nutshell "we have made a decision, deal with it!" Sure all of the fanbois who plopped down $100+ for a founders pack will come running to defend R5, and why shouldnt they? They are now financially vested in the company. By the way, these same players will be suffering durability also. Nice way to show your appreciation for their hard earned money R5...

I'm not going to talk about the other items on the list, though I disagree with most of them. These two though, I wanted to say a couple of things.

1. This is only for items you pick up. Items created can be altered by items so they have a repair pool. Also, the items created are eventually better than items you pick up, which is not the case for almost every mmo.

2. Red 5 doesn't care? Give me a break. I had a bug with my character where I couldn't equip items because of a patch, but I was impatient, so I deleted my character. They then announced that they fixed the problem, so I emailed them and asked if it was possible to roll back my character to a certain date and time. They had it done for me in 3 hours and were in constant communication with me during the process. If this doesn't show they care about their players, I don't know what does.

Reklaw

Elite Member

The adult I am takes care of most things real life. However my inner-child is a GAMER!!

8/18/13 12:39:25 PM#122
Originally posted by ROFLcopter13

As the title says, reasons outlined below. This is just my opinion, if you want to waste time on this clusterfuck then go ahead. And I dont care if you agree with me or not so troll/flame away fanbois.

1. Permanent Durability System - Players beware! That nice new shiny purple you just got? Well guess what, if you want to hold on to it you better not die no more than 10 times because at that point it "breaks" and becomes unusable. Sure you can pour hours and hours and hours of time farming mats to make a crafted piece but it will still break, although it will take longer. Matter of fact, the only items in this game that will last forever are stock items that you get when you first start, I guess they didnt want naked people running around not able to play.

2. Red 5 doesnt care about their players. As the above argument says, in durability, many many many players voiced their concern and disdain about this decision and Red 5's response? In a nutshell "we have made a decision, deal with it!" Sure all of the fanbois who plopped down $100+ for a founders pack will come running to defend R5, and why shouldnt they? They are now financially vested in the company. By the way, these same players will be suffering durability also. Nice way to show your appreciation for their hard earned money R5...

3. They dont know how to stress test their servers prior to opening the flood gates for a rather failed open beta launch.

Yes, we know beta is beta. We dont give a crap. We know what beta is, we arent idiots. Last time I checked however there are different PHASES to game development from alpha-->closed beta-->stress test-->open beta-->stress test-->release. The issues that are plaguing players right now as I sit here and type this are: Lag spikes (anticipated with OB), login issues (anticipated with OB), SIN server issues (basically they have a different server called a SIN server to handle inventory queries and the like so they can do on the fly patching without bringing the server down, but there is a latency when you try to open your inventory, speak to a shop keeper, make any kind of upgrade to your character, and craft.) (game breaking, should have been resolved in CBT!!!!)

4. Very limited content... Theres only 2 areas that I know of. The main starting area which is open and non linear, this is where you will spend the bulk of your time learning the game, grinding, getting exp, farming, etc. And Antarctica, I dont know much about this zone except that its more of a mid to high level zone. There are no levels in this zone, its skill based if anything, actually its more crafting based due to the durability issue above.

5. The UI sucks. It just does. Lots of wasted space, unnecessary mouse clicks to perform basic functions.

6. Enemies have 95% accuracy when shooting at you, also some of the enemies (Tanken Grenadiers, Aranha Siegers, Chosen Juggernauts damage is way way high, its out of balance. The snipers I can understand because they have to stay stationary and charge up their rifles. But when you run an ares mission (dynamic "quests" that spawn around the world) the server will spawn 20-30 mobs, and sometimes it will spawn way way too many juggernauts, snipers, or grenadiers.. Which leads me to my next point...

7. You WILL die in this game.. Many many times. Ive been playing MMO's since 1999 and ive died more in this game in the two weeks ive been playing it than any other game... ever. So if dying pisses you off this game is not for you. I will clarify, dying doesnt piss me off, not in a game, its expected. But dying in a stupid way, be it to bugs or 50 enemies spawning on you when a quest is complete and shouldnt spawn any more mobs is very frustrating, especially when you know that you just took a 10% durability hit and 9 more deaths mean you need to craft or buy more gear...

8. The market (auction house) UI isnt very intuitive. You cant search for a specific thing. The items listed arent very descriptive of what you can and cant use. If youre buying a new weapon it only gives the stats, and very basic stats, it doesnt say if a bio tech can use it only or an engineer. So new players will be majorly put off by this. Knowing what uses what only comes from asking in zone chat when the chat is actually WORKING or trying to find out via google.

9. The crafting system is too extensive and complex. I wanted to make some armor for my dreadnaught (a tank class), i had to go out and farm 100 hisser nests. Because I needed 100 hisser DNA to make ONE SUBCOMPONENT for my armor. Each nest spawns about 5-8 hissers, id get one DNA per nest. These nests are spawned dynamically over the map only in certain areas (like on the west side for instance) so finding all 100 was no easy task. I think it took two days before I had everything I needed to make a TIER TWO armor. This is silly as there are 4 tiers in the game. New players arent going to want to go farm for hours on end until their eyes bleed just to make one piece which will be lost forever when they die too many times.

10. Resources and mats are too complex. Hisser DNA, Aranha DNA, Chosen Tech pieces, Stolen chosen tech pieces, 3 different types of resources (Gas, Organic, Mineral) and theres about 16 different "ores" of each type and THEN there are qualities of each "ore" going from poor (white) to epic (purple) from most common (white) to rarest (epic) grades. All of this is very hard to understand for a new player. Oh and did I mention that they are going to implement a limited sized inventory soon? They dont have bank implemented, but as of now the inventory is infinite space. But this is causing that SIN server I spoke about earlier to be overtaxed on DB queries and its causing a lot of lag and latency now when doing anything that requires the use of the SIN server..

I will be fair and say the world itself is beautiful. The mountains get old pretty quick but you can find a shortcut or two here and there. The characters/player models look cartoony and dont have much depth. My wife said it looked like I was playing with "G.I. Joes"...

Okay thats all I am gonna write for now. As it is right now dont even try playing this game, it really sucks cause almost nothing works. Dont take my word for it, just hop over to the general forum and tech help forum and youll see a lot of "CANT LOG IN messages. The main "unable to log in" thread is at 9 pages last time I checked (about 45 minutes ago before I started typing this). When things ARE working however its okay, and something to tide you over until the next big thing comes around the corner.

Peace.

I almost forgot: THANK YOU, thanks to this post I actually became much more intrested in the game again after a dissappointed CB about half a year ago.

So again OP thanks for this topic, this topic and also Mark Kern's  in disguise Firefall add blog post about MMO's really placed Firefall on my play list and currently enjoying the game.

Maelzrael

Hard Core Member

I like games.

8/18/13 1:09:47 PM#123
This game is amazingly fun. Thank you.

danefahler

Apprentice Member

8/23/13 8:59:58 AM#124

I've been playing now for some time.  My bastion is all crafted three gear and am working on four for my multi-turrets.  With that said, the crafting in this game (and it is huge aspect of this game) is a mess.

It would be nice to see some more detailed information on the item you are trying to make.  Not just simply the quality level.  When all sub components are ready to be made into the main, only then do you see in the left pane a detailed description of what it will do for you.  Then, you can't compare it, you have to return to the garage and check your current stats.

Please correct me if I am wrong.  I may be

As far as content, you can literally chew through every piece of content this game has to offer in a single day.  Yep, find someone with a BWA key and head in.  Can it be done in stock gear?  Not sure, I did it in tech 1.  All it means is you have to be a lot more mobile.  Or have the group carry you I guess :)  I only died one time in there and that was when I came up against my first Elite Siege Breaker.

Hit just a few Ares missions, do an incursion, tower take and voila!  You've done it all.

Do you even need an army?  Simple duties like banks and even trade do not exist.  It is nothing more than another chat channel.

The game is fun and  addicting for a short time but that's about it

EinsamWulf

Novice Member

8/23/13 8:27:34 PM#125

It really all comes down to the individual. You will either love the game or hate it. One of the big departures taken with Firefall is that it's not based around quest content. In the current market this is a pretty large deviation from form as pretty much every mainstream MMO on the market is built around this. With that said it is entirely possible to do one of each type of encounter, run Blackwater Anomaly and call it good. In many ways you would have seen "all the content" there is to offer. With that being said, the game is not finished and thus we are not seeing a complete product so it's quite reasonable to assume that post "launch" the game will be quite a bit more involved than it is now.

It was just announced the the first stage of open beta is complete and that "Stage 2" has officially begun, rather than paraphrasing, those interested can read up on it here:

http://www.firefallthegame.com/news/gamescom-announcement-stage-2-of-open-beta-is-now-underway

Who knows what the game will be like in 6 months. The nay-sayers of these forums will have you believe this game will close up by (if not well sooner) but it is of course entirely possible though I rather doubt that sentiment. Personally I like the game, especially when I log in and just go wherever and follow the flow of battle. For me, the randomness of the enounters has always been a strong draw for me and if the claims made by the announcement I posted herein are to be believed there is some pretty awesome stuff coming our way.

Terminus
Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
EinsamWulf- Legionnaire of Terminus

Tekaelon

Hard Core Member

8/31/13 1:16:01 AM#126

I can't get enough of FireFall. My biggest issue is deciding which Battleframe I like most.

User Deleted
9/08/13 2:51:40 PM#127

Was not sure about trying Firefall, but OP really made me want to try it.

Thanks OP! :)

Geschaefer

Novice Member

9/08/13 2:55:33 PM#128

I like FF. dont play it as a full time game.. this games a part timer..

Im surprised that this thread has lasted this long.. 

Every time i give a game a negative review, the thread gets deleted and i get threatened by the mods.

G.E.Schaefer
Played: EQ1. EQ2. FFXI. SWG. Aion. WAR. LOTRO. TabulaRasa. Hellgate London. Diablo 1. Diablo II. Diablo 3. STO. WOW. Vanguard. Guild Wars. Rift. Terra. The Secret World. EVE. Guild Wars 2. Firefall. Neverwinter.

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Search