Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,406 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,316,226
Red 5 Studios | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 07/09/13)  | Pub:Red 5 Studios
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Firefall Forum » General Discussion » I want my OPEN WORLD PVP

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
26 posts found
  avalon1000

Novice Member

8/19/13 2:00:43 PM#21
The only way I see open world PvP happening in this game is a PvP server. PvE players (like myself) don't want to be grieved all the time by people who take a perverse joy in doing these things. I have played open region PvP games before and it just leads to abuse unless controls are put in place.
  skullblade47

Novice Member

8/19/13 10:26:41 PM#22

There are plenty of games without open world PvP because open world PvP disqualifies the game for many players. A better model would be to take an example from EVE and create a PvP zone with some special rewards. That would be better than opening the whole game to PvP and making it unplayable for half the current pop.

User Deleted
8/20/13 10:16:59 PM#23
Originally posted by Worf

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Not all of us gamers like OPEN PVP.

This 56 year old gamer plays for fun... NOT to get (pardon this expression) PK-RAPED for over and over and over for NO damnable good reason.

OPEN PVP kills games for me.

The arena is the perfect place for "Player versus Player" and "Team versus Team" Play.

I like the model where BOTH players have to agree to duel / PVP each other OR even better only in Arenas!

As for me, If you want to kill the game for me... then by all means open fracking PVP. That is the quickest way for me to delete ANY online game no matter how great it is!

>:(

SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE.

Not all of us gamers like PVE ONLY!

Some of us like the thrill of getting ganked. Some of us like the complexity and uncertainty of going out into a world where everyone is vulnerable to some extent. It adds more excitement to the game and prevents the game from becoming one big grindhouse. 

CLOSED PVP kills games for me. 

And guess what?

There are TONS AND TONS of games which offer your playstyle. 

So please stop with this nonsense. Not everyone wants to run around in a happy-go-lucky fairy land where everyone works together, or where you only have instanced boring guildfights. Virtual worlds are only truly worlds if they offer consequences for peoples' actions; restricting them just dumbs down the game. 

SirBalin

Warmonger

8/22/13 9:27:28 PM#24
Originally posted by SidQFT

The game is good and getting better every patch.  Lots of fun things to do for all you pve'ers (i like pve also btw).  I'm not talking about arena pvp, i hate arena style instanced pvp.  I'm talking about everything they promised when i bought the founders pack alittle over a year ago.  Open world basing building/pvp/siege's/convoy's/etc etc.....  Since they took the timeline down and have been focusing on other content im getting nervous that things have changed in their plans.  I hope it doesnt turn out to be some instanced garbage "WvWvW" like GW2.  Just getting tired of roaming from game to game that have some good features and missed promise's on others.  I've played them all, GW2, DarkFall 1 and 2, Eve (not into space), PS2, etc etc.... 

only reason im saying this is because FireFall is right there, it could be EPIC!  its so close i can taste it!

If this game had a pvp server with owpvp...i'd play.  However, I learned with Tera, no matter how fun a game is when owpvp is the afterthought, it will suck.

Incognito
www.incognito-gaming.us
"You're either with us or against us"

Biskop

Novice Member

8/26/13 1:07:50 PM#25
Of course some PvP haters felt the need to grace the thread with their presence. Same story every time the subject comes up.

Funny how the mere suggestion of PvP being included in an open world game makes people weep with anger and bring up the tired old "you just want to grief us innocent PvE folk, you bastard!" as if there's some wicked agenda behind the fact that some people enjoy open world PvP.

Lahuzer

Apprentice Member

Sit on my face and tell me that you love me...

8/26/13 1:25:45 PM#26
PVE-peeps... Listen to Jack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPMmC0UAnj0 Why can't PVE peeps and PVPers, just, get along...? There is room in Firefall for both. I won't return til they have open world PVP.
2 Pages « 1 2 Search