Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | EverQuest Next | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,875 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,312,954
Red 5 Studios | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 07/09/13)  | Pub:Red 5 Studios
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Firefall Forum » General Discussion » Firefall, a failure produced by Red5

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
36 posts found
  gordiflu

Novice Member

Joined: 1/22/07
Posts: 764

6/16/13 4:47:15 AM#21

I always end up mentioning this, despite beeing so obvious:

Guys, I know it's closed beta, still under development, etc, but are you keeping in mind that you can just pay for access to such "closed" beta and that the cash shop has been operative for many months already?

I would be accepting the "this is beta" card otherwise, but, as it is now... not really.

 

The game has several big issues at the moment:

- Lack of content, microscopic world.

- Repetitive grind of korean proportions.

- R5 never seems to get PVP balance right. On every patch some classes are overnerfed and some others overbuffed.

 

However, the game also has plenty of potential. It's up to R5. So far I have not liked many of the changes they have been bringing to the game, but as others have mentioned, the company is not afraid of manking quite drastic changes to it when they think it's needed, so the game is still worth keeping track of.

 

  CyricV

Novice Member

Joined: 12/21/12
Posts: 4

6/16/13 6:10:00 PM#22
Originally posted by gordiflu

....I would be accepting the "this is beta" card otherwise, but, as it is now... not really....

 

Firefall is... a game thats in an alpha stage of development in most key areas, but it's also something that needs to be profitable and appeal to customers, wich is made even tougher by not being like things people have played before. It's a frankenstein of finished product and alpha content, IT'S A MONSTER!

I know the dev's love their baby and want it to be perfect as they see it, but I think they need to get solid on a few things and start releasing content, or they may strangle themselves. They be creating a hostile environment as seen by the OP's reaction. People can get confused and repulsed by the game in it's current state. In other words, I agree with you Gordiflu.

  Karahandras

Advanced Member

Joined: 8/11/08
Posts: 1669

All it takes for evil to succeed is for the good to stand by and do nothing

6/20/13 11:34:24 AM#23
Originally posted by gordiflu

I always end up mentioning this, despite beeing so obvious:

Guys, I know it's closed beta, still under development, etc, but are you keeping in mind that you can just pay for access to such "closed" beta and that the cash shop has been operative for many months already?

I would be accepting the "this is beta" card otherwise, but, as it is now... not really.

 

The game has several big issues at the moment:

- Lack of content, microscopic world.

- Repetitive grind of korean proportions.

- R5 never seems to get PVP balance right. On every patch some classes are overnerfed and some others overbuffed.

 

However, the game also has plenty of potential. It's up to R5. So far I have not liked many of the changes they have been bringing to the game, but as others have mentioned, the company is not afraid of manking quite drastic changes to it when they think it's needed, so the game is still worth keeping track of.

 

I think this is an insult to korean grinders

Also i think the first time red5 got into financial trouble they were bought buy the9 which is a chinese company, so not far off.

  g4m3sh4rk

Novice Member

Joined: 1/14/13
Posts: 40

Get some!

7/07/13 4:53:56 PM#24

I was just got the red tape all over their forums. They were deleting my posts and even entire threads. Their "permanent item decay"  to keep people basically flying around in circles doing the same 5 or 6 missions over n over is suppose to create some kind of "long-term solution". BAHAA, what a fucking joke this game is. At first I was drawn in by the different battle frames which most of them look like retarded metal plating that would actually serve no purpose save Dreadnaught and maybe the recon one. Either way, this game is doomed by customer support alone. They feel if they red flag everything they don't want on their forums some how people won't be thinking the exact same thing. Challenge the charges to my account on Monday and kiss this failure good bye. 

 

 

  Synns77

Novice Member

Joined: 3/15/12
Posts: 124

7/07/13 5:01:48 PM#25
Have to agree OP, this game has failed to meet  expectation. Played it since early stages of beta and have returned back to it on and off since. The last time I'd noticed that the performance of the game had really dropped, not good for a game that's going open beta. Optimisation should improve not get worse . Cash shop is to expensive and is abit dull and customisation is lacking. Shame I really liked it back in early beta but it hasn't moved forward as I'd hoped it would.
  codeneko

Novice Member

Joined: 1/13/06
Posts: 6

7/07/13 5:20:22 PM#26
Originally posted by CyricV
Originally posted by gordiflu

....I would be accepting the "this is beta" card otherwise, but, as it is now... not really....

 

Firefall is... a game thats in an alpha stage of development in most key areas, but it's also something that needs to be profitable and appeal to customers, wich is made even tougher by not being like things people have played before. It's a frankenstein of finished product and alpha content, IT'S A MONSTER!

I know the dev's love their baby and want it to be perfect as they see it, but I think they need to get solid on a few things and start releasing content, or they may strangle themselves. They be creating a hostile environment as seen by the OP's reaction. People can get confused and repulsed by the game in it's current state. In other words, I agree with you Gordiflu.

Don't overstate how different firefall is... haven't played GW2? EVE? Borderlands? Minecraft? Defiance? the list of games that have done aspects similar (and arguably better) is absolutely mainstream and prior art.

  aesperus

Elite Member

Joined: 1/04/05
Posts: 4847

7/07/13 5:32:56 PM#27
Originally posted by megaderp

off my experience, I feel that firefall is a lacking game with a horrible company behind it. I've seen games like these and they just die as soon as they are released. 

 

-horrible customer support

-static  game-play (baneclaw) and nothing exciting

-over-priced store/shop system

-a massive fucking grind

 

anybody else feel the same way?

All I've gotta say is nice postcount / history. Looks like you made a new account specifically to bash these guys. Good job!

While Firefall most definitely needs work, I'd almost call it shameful to try and deface Red5 as a company. They've been doing nothing but tweaking the game / updating based on player feedback for over a year now. The foundations definitely there, but they need to add more to it for sure (possibly more sandbox features like customizing outposts & such).

Even if I don't end up playing this game, I'm not going to go out of my way to try and make people not play it. Red5 is a company worthy of support from what I've seen.

  Braindome

Hard Core Member

Joined: 12/06/11
Posts: 622

7/07/13 5:41:12 PM#28

I've had some fun zipping around in my jetpack and doing the random missions that spawn. It is pretty fun when a ton of players show up to these "Rift" like missions. One was set inside of a mountain and many it was trippy and fun.

As long as they keep adding that kind of open world PVE quest structure then all should be well. They have though been against open world pvp, but all things considered they should maybe reconsider that as the structure of the game is quite action oriented, just sayin.

Like x 56

  g4m3sh4rk

Novice Member

Joined: 1/14/13
Posts: 40

Get some!

7/07/13 5:43:07 PM#29
Originally posted by aesperus
Originally posted by megaderp

off my experience, I feel that firefall is a lacking game with a horrible company behind it. I've seen games like these and they just die as soon as they are released. 

 

-horrible customer support

-static  game-play (baneclaw) and nothing exciting

-over-priced store/shop system

-a massive fucking grind

 

anybody else feel the same way?

All I've gotta say is nice postcount / history. Looks like you made a new account specifically to bash these guys. Good job!

While Firefall most definitely needs work, I'd almost call it shameful to try and deface Red5 as a company. They've been doing nothing but tweaking the game / updating based on player feedback for over a year now. The foundations definitely there, but they need to add more to it for sure (possibly more sandbox features like customizing outposts & such).

Even if I don't end up playing this game, I'm not going to go out of my way to try and make people not play it. Red5 is a company worthy of support from what I've seen.

If he made a new account to bash these guys or decided to come here brand new to inform the community how he feels about this game can not be figured by looking at a post count. Now that that is out of the way, why is his opinion off? You haven't provided any facts to support your claim or disapprove his. I'm not here to cause problems or contradict your post. I am simply saying giving anyone blind support with out facts is not a smart move. 

  codeneko

Novice Member

Joined: 1/13/06
Posts: 6

7/07/13 5:53:25 PM#30
Originally posted by aesperus
Originally posted by megaderp

off my experience, I feel that firefall is a lacking game with a horrible company behind it. I've seen games like these and they just die as soon as they are released. 

 

-horrible customer support

-static  game-play (baneclaw) and nothing exciting

-over-priced store/shop system

-a massive fucking grind

 

anybody else feel the same way?

All I've gotta say is nice postcount / history. Looks like you made a new account specifically to bash these guys. Good job!

While Firefall most definitely needs work, I'd almost call it shameful to try and deface Red5 as a company. They've been doing nothing but tweaking the game / updating based on player feedback for over a year now. The foundations definitely there, but they need to add more to it for sure (possibly more sandbox features like customizing outposts & such).

Even if I don't end up playing this game, I'm not going to go out of my way to try and make people not play it. Red5 is a company worthy of support from what I've seen.

I've been a member of mmorpg since 2006 and Firefall was the first game I bothered to comment in these, or any, forums about... and I've been playing MMO's since well before that... ugh, starting to feel old.  Part of the issue is the massive potential firefall had at different stages of development only to be flushed down the toilet for what seems to be monetary reasons.

  Mothanos

Hard Core Member

Joined: 10/20/10
Posts: 1885

7/12/13 6:13:14 AM#31

I am going to be honest here and lets start off with that this is still Beta.

In this time and age we expect super qaulity games / mmo's.
We have been spoiled so much that our standards are crazy high these days and developers need to give us suprise s*x and lots of stuff and things to do.

Firefall is doing ok, but after playing it 8 hours i expected at least nice boss fights.
Alot more variation in mobs / enemy's.
What i like is that the game is hard.
Wanne be rambo's will find themselves back to spawn point in seconds.
Crafting is complicated and i realy like that.

But what struck me after playing for 8 hours is i havent seen one epic boss fight...
Its spawns and spawns of the same 3 or 4 enemy's over and over and over.
Its action packed tough ^^ and maybe these epic boss fights will come later on in the game ?
Maybe iam to fast with my judgement ?

But to impress gamers today you need to come with top notch shooters and mmo's or you end up at the bottom of the list.

Still its a fun mmofps and i have alot of fun, i just hope the game has some more suprises in store.

  Margulis

Advanced Member

Joined: 12/14/08
Posts: 1643

7/12/13 9:33:15 PM#32
Originally posted by Mothanos

I am going to be honest here and lets start off with that this is still Beta.

In this time and age we expect super qaulity games / mmo's.
We have been spoiled so much that our standards are crazy high these days and developers need to give us suprise s*x and lots of stuff and things to do.

Wow, it's people like you whom every mmo that releases a beta with a cash shop just absolutely loves.  Not only eat it up and use the beta excuse also, but even try to tell other mmo players that they are spoiled for expecting a completed and working product when a company asks for your money, that we are the spoiled ones for having such high expectation.  lol. 

Firefall is doing ok, but after playing it 8 hours i expected at least nice boss fights.
Alot more variation in mobs / enemy's.
What i like is that the game is hard.
Wanne be rambo's will find themselves back to spawn point in seconds.
Crafting is complicated and i realy like that.

But what struck me after playing for 8 hours is i havent seen one epic boss fight...
Its spawns and spawns of the same 3 or 4 enemy's over and over and over.
Its action packed tough ^^ and maybe these epic boss fights will come later on in the game ?
Maybe iam to fast with my judgement ?

But to impress gamers today you need to come with top notch shooters and mmo's or you end up at the bottom of the list.

Still its a fun mmofps and i have alot of fun, i just hope the game has some more suprises in store.

 

  dorugu

Advanced Member

Joined: 4/06/03
Posts: 145

7/12/13 9:42:48 PM#33
this aint a game yur sppsed to play fer hours at a time its more meant to b played a lil at a time :)thts ow i treat it i log in play abit thn log out  :)it might get better with time but then again it might not but its a nice time waster for times yu dun feel like soin anything special
  Theocritus

Advanced Member

Joined: 7/15/08
Posts: 3627

7/13/13 2:57:36 PM#34
Why is Planetside 2 successful and this one not?....I didnt see what was so great about PS2....ALl anyone did was run around in a generic world and shoot each other...Isn't that basically all FPS's usually bring to the table?
  rodingo

Elite Member

Joined: 1/18/07
Posts: 1892

7/13/13 8:11:17 PM#35
Originally posted by Theocritus
Why is Planetside 2 successful and this one not?....I didnt see what was so great about PS2....ALl anyone did was run around in a generic world and shoot each other...Isn't that basically all FPS's usually bring to the table?

3 Way faction PVP.  No PVE.  Multi-manned vehicles with gunners.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

  r3dl4nce

Novice Member

Joined: 8/29/07
Posts: 121

7/19/13 5:58:16 AM#36
Originally posted by templarx

 

I'm comparing this game to something like Defiance (even though Firefall is probably aiming for an EVE/Farcry blend) , and people are voting for Deviance on here as a popular game? I don't know, Firefall is by far more advanced , open and exiting than Defiance (which is a $60 game mind you) So yea, i disagree, i don't see what's so expensive in the cash shop? You don't need to buy anything there.

 

I play both Defiance and Firefall, both are great MMOFPS, but they are A LOT different. Defiance is a heavy story-oriented MMOTPS with a good TV show linked. Firefall is a free PvE game with nearly 0 lore but leaving the user free to decide what to do. In Defiance there is no gear progression, so you don't have to grind for equip. In Firefall you have to craft better equips or unlock different battleflames (grinding pilot points) to be more powerful. In Defiance Arkfall are a lot better than the Tornado in Firefall, ARES mission in Firefall are better and more varied than the emergencies in Defiance. Defiance has 7 classic instanced dungeons with only a level prerequisite, in Firefall there is only an instanced dungeon and you have to crat the key to be able to enter it. Firefall has jumpjets, Defiance not. And so on.

My advice: if you like MMOTPS, play both, they are both great!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search